ST_OffsetCurve()

Kyle Felipe Vieira Roberto

Feb 5, 2018, 12:18:52 PM2/5/18
to SpatiaLite Users
Hy guys!
A friend, @yjmenezes, was trying to use the follow sql:

SELECT ST_OffsetCurve(geometry,129.05, 1) from paracatu;
And the spatialite is prompting the error above:

Query preparation error on PRAGMA table_info(_tview): wrong number of arguments to function ST_OffsetCurve()

So, i was reading the guide of functions (http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/spatialite-sql-4.2.0.html) and the usage is:

ST_OffsetCurve( geom Curve , radius Double precision , left_or_right Integer )

But, if i use without the integer, the function works, but only create a new line on the left side, not on the rigth side...
i tried to use 0 also...

a.fu...@lqt.it

Feb 5, 2018, 12:49:17 PM2/5/18
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, 5 Feb 2018 09:18:52 -0800 (PST), Kyle Felipe Vieira Roberto
wrote:
> Hy guys!
> A friend, @yjmenezes, was trying to use the follow sql:
>
> SELECT ST_OffsetCurve(geometry,129.05, 1) from paracatu;
>
> And the spatialite is prompting the error above:
>
> Query preparation error on PRAGMA table_info(_tview): wrong number of
> arguments to function ST_OffsetCurve()
>
> So, i was reading the guide of functions
> (http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/spatialite-sql-4.2.0.html) and the
> usage is:
>
> ST_OffsetCurve( geom _Curve_ , radius _Double precision_ ,
> left_or_right _Integer_ )

Hi Kyle,

you are consulting an obsolete (4.2.0) and incorrect version
of the HTML documentation; this is what the current version
(4.3.0 and followings) correctly states:

ST_OffsetCurve( geom Curve , radius Double precision ) : Curve

"return a geometric object representing the corresponding left-sided
(positive radius) or right-sided (negative radius) offset curve"

bye Sandro

Kyle Felipe Vieira Roberto

Feb 5, 2018, 1:06:04 PM2/5/18
to SpatiaLite Users
Thx very much.... i will change my link here....