Building libjsqlite-4.4.0-RC0 for Android from source

polyg...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2016, 11:58:18 AM8/22/16
to SpatiaLite Users

Greetings! I am trying the instructions to build android version using  http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/libspatialite-4.4.0-RC0.tar.gz [1] . I am unable to get the things right per instructions provided at  https://code.google.com/archive/p/spatialite-android/ [2] .Looks like  the instructions are little bit outdated.Could you please share  latest  instructions to build the library for Android.I am looking for instructions on either linux or Windows/MingW.

Are these the dependencies sufficient to make us of 'VirtualKNN' ?
  1. Proj4
  2. GEOS
  3. sqlite-amalgamation
  4. libspatialite
  5. jsqlite ( Is this suitable API for libspatialite-4.4.0-RC or does it require any updates?)
Another source of confusion in build instructions.

Should I use the instructions as in google code ? Why Make and Make install are not followed ?
./configure --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --host=arm-linux-eabi

export "CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include"
export "LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib"
export "PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig"
./configure --target=mingw32 --enable-rttopo=yes --enable-gcp=yes
make
make install-strip

Sorry for too many questions..appreciate if an update compilation mechanism is provided for Android version.

Ryan Gartin

Dec 2, 2016, 3:14:53 PM12/2/16
to SpatiaLite Users
+1

David Anderson

Dec 2, 2016, 3:53:39 PM12/2/16
to SpatiaLite Users
Note that the KNN functionality currently has a bug that will on occasion not return the correct answer.
Read more here:

a.fu...@lqt.it

Dec 2, 2016, 4:02:35 PM12/2/16
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
> On Monday, August 22, 2016 at 11:58:18 AM UTC-4, polyg...@gmail.com
> wrote:
>
> Greetings! I am trying the instructions to build android
> I am unable to get the things right per instructions
> provided at  https://code.google.com/archive/p/spatialite-android/
> .Looks like  the instructions are little bit outdated.

please, have a look at:
https://github.com/geopaparazzi/libjsqlite-spatialite-android

AFAIK this repository maintained by mj10777 (a regular contributor
of libspatialite) is the most authoritative and frequently updated
resource about building Spatialite on Android.

bye Sandro