Windows Binaries for RasterLite 1.0.0-rc1

GiuMas

Apr 21, 2015, 9:15:06 PM4/21/15
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Are the binaries in object publicly available? I was not able to find them..

If not, is this tutorial (https://www.gaia-gis.it/fossil/librasterlite2/wiki?name=planetEarth) still 'valid' for 1.0.0-rc0?
I ask this before the commands using rl2tool seem to work ("Operation CREATE successfully completed", "Operation IMPORT successfully completed") but the result is a quite small db (I attach the result with only importing etopo1). Furthermore, when I try to run it with wmslite I get "unable to bind the socket".

About the SQL interface, all the functions RL2_has_codec_XXX do not work: "sqlite3.OperationalError: no such function: RL2_has_codec_XXX". Is this also related to rc0?

Incidentally, on the page:  https://www.gaia-gis.it/fossil/librasterlite2/wiki?name=sql_reference_list , is this a typo in the page or in the function name: "RL2_has_codec_ll_opejpeg" (note the missing 'n')? The same table has many apparent function duplications.. e.g. "RL2_has_codec_deflate"

If I have to build rasterlite2 1.0.0-rc1 by myself from fossil, is MSVC+OSGEO4W libs supported? I mean if it was recently tested..

Thank you in advance,
Giuseppe

GiuMas

Apr 21, 2015, 11:27:09 PM4/21/15
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com

a.fu...@lqt.it

Apr 22, 2015, 5:10:53 PM4/22/15
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
Hi Giuseppe,

> Are the binaries in object publicly available? I was not able to find
> them..

no: the next Release Candidate (#1) still is under very active
development
and in its current state is *really* unstable and frequently subject to
many relevant changes, this including frequent changes affecting API
signatures and thus causing sudden backward compatibility breakages.

RC1 will be publicly released immediately after reaching its full
mature configuration (before June, I hope), and will simply be a
short lived beta testing version immediately preceding the final
release of librasterlite 1.0.0 "stable".

> About the SQL interface, all the functions RL2_has_codec_XXX do not
> work: "sqlite3.OperationalError: no such function:
> RL2_has_codec_XXX".
> Is this also related to rc0?

sorry for any misunderstanding: in that context "XXX" simply means
"I'm just a placeholder; please replace me with some appropriate
codec name such as jpeg or png or whatever else"

> Incidentally, on the page:
>
> https://www.gaia-gis.it/fossil/librasterlite2/wiki?name=sql_reference_list
> , is this a typo in the page or in the function name:
> "RL2_has_codec_ll_opejpeg" (note the missing 'n')? The same table has
> many apparent function duplications.. e.g. "RL2_has_codec_deflate"

thanks for reporting the above typos; now they are fixed

> If I have to build rasterlite2 1.0.0-rc1 by myself from fossil, is
> MSVC+OSGEO4W libs supported?

absolutely no: the "standard" compiler for Windows is always assumed
to be MinGW [1][2]
MSVC could possibly be supported by rl2 1.0.0 "stable", but during
this earlier development stage supporting a cumbersome non-standard
compiler will simply mean introducing further delay causes.

[1] http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/mingw_how_to.html
[2] http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/mingw64_how_to.html

bye Sandro

GiuMas

Apr 23, 2015, 12:15:27 AM4/23/15
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com

Thank you a lot!! Looking forward for rc1.

Have a nice day,
Giuseppe

PS - With "RL2_has_codec_XXX" I mean that all the listed functions (with the 'proper' name in place of XXX, as they are in the page)
give me back ""sqlite3.OperationalError: no such function" using rc0.