create ERD

sualk

May 10, 2012, 4:27:00 AM5/10/12
to sparx-enterprise-archite...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

it's a newcomer question: How can I create an entity relationship diagram?

I searched in the new diagram dialog, but I didn't find something.

Is it only available in a further version of EA? I'm using 7.5.844 Ultimate Edition, from the university.

Sorry, for that stupid question.

regards Klaus

May 10, 2012, 5:03:00 AM5/10/12
to sparx-enterprise-archite...@googlegroups.com
In this paper I didn't find my answer.

How can I create an ERD?

Where do I have to click?

May 10, 2012, 5:46:00 AM5/10/12
to sparx-enterprise-archite...@googlegroups.com

5355414C4B200 wrote:
Where do I have to click?

Depends on the device you're using. Common mice have two buttons. Try the left one.

q.

May 10, 2012, 9:30:00 AM5/10/12
to sparx-enterprise-archite...@googlegroups.com
You're right. However, you can create most things with a simple class diagram. If people are so much after ERD why don't they use dedicated tools like ERWIN or the like? EA is a UML modeling tool, not a database design tool. Although it can support that in quite some respect.

q.

Create a Class Diagram and add classes as appropriate.

q.

Bellekens@localhost Geert Bellekens

May 10, 2012, 7:29:00 AM5/10/12
to sparx-enterprise-archite...@googlegroups.com
You probably don't have the appropriate MDG active:
Go to Settings|MDG Technologies..

Geert

it's a newcomer question: How can I create an entity relationship diagram?

I searched in the new diagram dialog, but I didn't find something.

Is it only available in a further version of EA? I'm using 7.5.844 Ultimate Edition, from the university.

The ERD technology first appeared in EA 8.0.