Disable ACID

Liam Crozier

Nov 23, 2017, 10:42:25 AM11/23/17
to spar...@googlegroups.com
Hey.

I was wondering if more information could be provided about how your ACID works and if there is a way to turn it off?

I currently do one big update (single-threaded) and then there after it 100% read. Not sure if it would make a difference in terms of performance.

Thank you.

P.S. Can you please allow a tag 'solved' on the forum so I can mark my issues as solved? :)

c3po.ac

Nov 29, 2017, 8:51:20 AM11/29/17
to Sparksee

Hi,

You can check the Transactions section of the User manual here:

http://www.sparsity-technologies.com/UserManual/API.html#transactions

To speedup the loading you may try to disable the recovery (already disabled by default), disable the rollback  and use transactions (begin / load some data / commit) to load the data (you may want to put a considerable amount of work in each transaction) instead of autocommiting each operation.

But take into account that with this setup closing the database may be slow because a lot of cached data will need to be written.

If you already had the recovery disabled then you may not have a significant difference.

When you have to load a lot of data you can also increase the extent size (at database creation) like this:

---------

cfg.SetExtentSize(64)

--------

But if you create a database with a custom extent size you will always have to set the same extent size configuration to be able to open the database.

Best regards

El dijous, 23 novembre de 2017 16:42:25 UTC+1, Liam Crozier va escriure: