Big Log File

Liam Crozier

Jan 4, 2018, 4:24:58 AM1/4/18
to Sparksee
I've just noticed that it's writing everything to the log file (big) and nothing much to the .gdb file.

Is that normal or am I forgetting a line of code?

Thanks.

c3po.ac

Jan 10, 2018, 5:02:49 AM1/10/18
to Sparksee
Hi,

When the recovery functionality isn’t enabled, all data is kept in memory as long as possible, then the “.gdb” file will only grow when either there’s not enough memory left or when the database is closed. However, if you have the recovery enabled, the “.gdb” file should grow, unless there’s a very big transaction that has not reached the commit yet or a big checkpoint time.

Best Regards,

El dijous, 4 gener de 2018 10:24:58 UTC+1, Liam Crozier va escriure:

Liam Crozier

Jan 12, 2018, 7:58:21 PM1/12/18
to Sparksee
Thank you for the response :)