SPARQL queries

Laura Daian

Jul 7, 2014, 10:49:08 AM7/7/14
to spar...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I tried to write a plugin for querying a Sparksee database with SPARQL syntax. I've used as libraries the blueprints-graph-sail-2.5.0.jar and blueprints-sparksee-graph-2.5.0.jar. While running the code I get the error:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Label must be given
        at com
.tinkerpop.blueprints.impls.sparksee.SparkseeGraph.createKeyIndex(SparkseeGraph.java:699)
        at com
.tinkerpop.blueprints.oupls.sail.GraphSail.<init>(GraphSail.java:144)
        at com
.tinkerpop.blueprints.oupls.sail.GraphSail.<init>(GraphSail.java:109)
        at
SPARQLPlugin.initSail(SPARQLPlugin.java:35)
        at
SPARQLPlugin.main(SPARQLPlugin.java:49)

This is the piece of code where it stumbles (line 35 is at the construction of the GraphSail) :

try {

KeyIndexableGraph sGraph = new SparkseeGraph("bsbm.gdb","sparksee.cfg");

            sail
= new GraphSail<KeyIndexableGraph>(sGraph); //line 35

            sail
.initialize();
            sc
= new SailRepository(sail).getConnection();
            parser
= new SPARQLParser();

} catch (Exception e) {
.printStackTrace();

}

Is it possible to get the sparksee database and convert it to a GraphSail in order to support SPARQL queries?

Thanks,
Laura

sparkseegdb

Jul 8, 2014, 4:57:23 AM7/8/14
to spar...@googlegroups.com
Hello Laura,

Unfortunately we don't currently have support for GraphSail with our Sparksee blueprints implementation. Sparksee does not offer to create attributes for all the nodes in a graph (or all the edges) which is what is preventing the compatibility.

We definitely should document this better, sorry about that, and we'll certainly evaluate to include the GraphSail support for our implementation in future releases.

 Best,

Sparksee tech team