shade files are not being detected.

NageswaraPrasad Challapalli

Apr 2, 2014, 7:09:00 PM4/2/14
to spar...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We have a MVC project where we are already using spark templates.  We also want to explore using .shade files where in we plan to use jade templates for the UI. I updated Spark using nuget to the latest version

And then, I have added a test controller and a view that is saved as Index.shade. But for whatever reason, it does not detect .shade file. I cannot understand what I am missing to make this work.

my Views/Shared/_global.spark file looks like this
<use namespace="System"/>
<use namespace="System.Collections.Generic"/>
<use namespace="System.Linq"/>
<use namespace="System.Web.Mvc"/>
<use namespace="System.Web.Routing"/>
<use namespace="System.Web.Mvc.Html"/>
<use assembly="Spark.Web.Mvc"/>
<use assembly="System.Web.Mvc, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

and SparkWebMvc.cs looks like this:

 public static class SparkWebMvc {
        public static void Start() {
            var settings = new SparkSettings();
            settings.SetAutomaticEncoding(true);

            // Note: you can change the list of namespace and assembly
            // references in Views\Shared\_global.spark
            SparkEngineStarter.RegisterViewEngine(settings);
        }
    }

We don't have any other special configuration on our end.  Any help to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nagesh

Robert Greyling

Apr 5, 2014, 5:59:57 AM4/5/14
to spar...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I wouldn't rely on Shade translating to Jade. I'm afraid the Jade spec has moved on quickly and lots of changes have taken place which makes it quite different to the original version, and so Shade is a long way behind and nobody is maintaining the sync between them.

As for .shade file detection - I would need to see a minimal project example to find out why it's not being detected.

Regards,
Rob