sparkviewengine.com gone?

Jordan

Jan 11, 2013, 5:57:48 AM1/11/13
to spar...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Has http://sparkviewengine.com/ been shut down?

If so, is the documentation still available online anywhere?

cheers,
Jordan.

Rob G

Jan 11, 2013, 6:01:53 AM1/11/13
to spar...@googlegroups.com
No, the VM was shut down by the ISP with no explanation.

Lou has said he would contact them as soon as he was back from vacation. I unfortunately have no rights to that particular VM so I cannot do it myself

As an aside, because of this unexplained outage, we'll be moving the docs over to Github as soon as the site is back up and I can get at the docs again. Failing that, I will access the google cached version and populate Github from there.

Best regards,
Rob

Rob G

Jan 11, 2013, 6:04:10 AM1/11/13
to spar...@googlegroups.com
This seems to work fine however - http://web.archive.org/web/20121017031827/http://sparkviewengine.com/

I'll begin the docs move process now in that case...

Jordan

Jan 11, 2013, 10:23:29 AM1/11/13
to spar...@googlegroups.com
Brilliant. Thanks Rob.

Jordan.

RobertTheGrey

Jan 15, 2013, 5:44:49 AM1/15/13
to spar...@googlegroups.com
I've started moving the docs across (https://github.com/SparkViewEngine/spark/wiki), but it'll take a little while because:
  1. I'm on a tight deadline with work this month
  2. It's pretty boring doing cut-paste-format-markdown work :)
But the basics are there for now, and if all else fails, use the web archive link below for the rest for now.

I'll try get Lou to redirect DNS as soon as he's able.

Cheers,
Rob

Louis DeJardin

Jan 15, 2013, 9:33:49 AM1/15/13
to RobertTheGrey, spar...@googlegroups.com
Sure - let me know when you're ready.

Finally got through to someone who could help fix my account. Still trying to get the vm started though. I'll keep at it in case getting at the original markdown helps.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Jan 15, 2013, 1:36:34 PM1/15/13
to spar...@googlegroups.com
I can dedicate some copy/paste time. Is the wiki something that can be pull requested? If not, add me as a contributor to sve, username: bluefenix

-chp

-Christopher Hendrix Pelatari | Vice President - Velocity Databank, Inc.

Rob G

Jan 15, 2013, 2:29:59 PM1/15/13
to spar...@googlegroups.com
I'm pretty sure you can just go there and start editing the Wiki. Github still haven't enabled pull requests on Wiki's so that won't help.

Let me know if you have trouble creating/editing pages and I'll try sort it out.

Thanks!

Louis DeJardin

Christopher Pelatari

Jan 15, 2013, 3:52:26 PM1/15/13
to spar...@googlegroups.com
How do I get to the markdown on sparkviewengine.com

--
-Christopher Hendrix Pelatari | Vice President - Velocity Databank, Inc.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/spark-dev/-/AEYOy5DbQ5wJ.

Rob G

Jan 15, 2013, 4:01:09 PM1/15/13
to spar...@googlegroups.com
I believe Lou can make you an admin if you sign in with an OpenId of sorts and tell him your account name.

Christopher Pelatari

Feb 1, 2013, 1:05:37 PM2/1/13
to spar...@googlegroups.com
Bump. I sent Louis my openid creds offlist, but never heard from him.

Rob G

Feb 2, 2013, 5:33:11 AM2/2/13
to spar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

I assume you've already logged in with your creds to create the initial account?

Rob

Louis DeJardin

Feb 2, 2013, 10:52:38 AM2/2/13
to Rob G, spar...@googlegroups.com
You did? I must have missed thay

Sent from my Windows Phone

correct. the login is bluefenix.myopenid.com

--
-Christopher Hendrix Pelatari | Vice President - Velocity Databank, Inc.