Mac OS 10.7.2 Apple bug causes Address Book sync to fail (work-around)

byron.shaheen

Oct 25, 2011, 11:29:57 AM10/25/11
to Spanning Sync
Hi all,

We recently found an Apple bug in Mac OS X 10.7.2 and/or iCloud that
causes the Address Book sync to fail. The bug puts AddressBookSync
into "standby" mode, which causes the syncing of contacts to be
skipped. Calendars will sync without issue, but contacts will not
sync at all. You can reset the "standby" mode for Apple's
AddressBookSync by pasting this line into a Terminal window:

defaults delete com.apple.AddressBook.sync ABSyncInStandby

Be sure you hit the 'return' key after pasting the line into the
window.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, you're more than likely running
into another problem and we'll need to investigate. If that's the
case, please create and email us a troubleshooting report:

* Open the Spanning Sync pref pane
* Click Advanced
* Click Create Report
* Email the file that appears on your desktop to
sup...@spanningsync.com

Thanks,

Byron

---
Byron Shaheen
byron....@spanningsync.com
http://spanningsync.com

cnewhall

Mar 17, 2012, 1:26:57 PM3/17/12
to spanni...@googlegroups.com
i am still having an issue with address book not syncing thru itunes when spanningsync is on my system.  in fact, even after i removed spanningsync, reset syncservices, terminal-reset syncservices, and rebuilt my iphone -- address book on the iphone still would not sync.  seems like this has been a problem for a while.  is there a solution in spanningsyncs future?

byron.shaheen

Mar 19, 2012, 4:32:13 PM3/19/12
to Spanning Sync
Hi,

Spanning Sync is not involved in the sync process with any phone, so
it's not possible that Spanning Sync is what's causing the problem.
In fact, you mentioned that when Spanning Sync has been completely
removed and everything reset that you're still having problems. That
right there is basically proof that Spanning Sync isn't what's causing
the issue. When you had Spanning Sync installed, were you having sync
related issues when syncing your iCal and Address Book data with your
Google account? What are you using the sync the phone with the
computer?

-Byron
> > supp...@spanningsync.com
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > Byron
>
> > ---
> > Byron Shaheen
> > byron.shah...@spanningsync.com
> >http://spanningsync.com

Mark Duston

Mar 19, 2012, 5:46:51 PM3/19/12
to spanni...@googlegroups.com
no sync issues at all before.

I use it to sync from my computer to a gCal.

Josh Biggs

Apr 28, 2012, 2:45:20 PM4/28/12
to spanni...@googlegroups.com
I'm on 10.7.3 and have the same issue.

smarisetti

Jun 15, 2012, 3:49:28 PM6/15/12
to spanni...@googlegroups.com
This bug caused my addresses to be out of sync between my Apple Address Book and my Gmail contacts. I did not detect this until I found out I have some new contacts missing in my Gmail account. Irrespective who is responsible, we have a service that has not been working and I don't know how long. I wish there was some sort of notification to users about critical bugs like this. These failures will make us think twice before renewing our subscription. Kindly please go an extra mile and notify us. I am sure you do have list of all our emails with you.

I am mailing the report I generated. I hope a solution can be resolved quickly.

Sudheer M