Help us evaluate the Italian scores in the PS Scoreboard!

Ton Zijlstra

Dec 10, 2012, 2:38:31 PM12/10/12
to spaghett...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

As you may remember back in February at ePSIplatform we published the PSI Scoreboard. In the scoreboard the ongoing implementation of the PSI Directive and actual progress in practice is compared across the EU Member States. Between March and now it has been off-line, due to internal discussions in the EU and EC, but now it is back!

I and the ePSIplatform team need your help, to take a closer look at the Italian scores. You can find the scoreboard and all underlying data at http://epsiplatform.eu/content/european-psi-scoreboard Italy is one of the higher scoring countries, with almost 50% of the possible points. (345 out of a possible 700, the best score is currently 430 or 61%)

My questions to you as the Italian open data community are:
  • Can you take a look at the Italian scores (at the link above you will find a spreadsheet attached that contains the scores, and a link to a document describing all indicators and points attached in detail)
  • Let me know any comments / feedback on score you think need changing AND why, including references to documents or webpages wherever possible.
We will create an update before January 17th. Any feedback you have before early January is greatly appreciated and will be incorporated into the update of mid-January.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

best,
Ton

ePSIplatform Community Steward
Interdependent Thoughts
Ton Zijlstra

t...@tonzijlstra.eu
+31-6-34489360

http://zylstra.org/blog

Share your real life open data experiences,
observations and anecdotes:

Alberto

Dec 11, 2012, 2:40:53 PM12/11/12
to spaghett...@googlegroups.com
Ehi, avete visto i dati segnalati da Ton? Sono super-interessanti.

Io non ho avuto il tempo di scaricarmeli e fare un po' di giochi, ma dal sito vedo già un'anomalia: l'Italia prende 0 sui progetti OD locali, come se non ce ne fossero. E invece ce ne sono eccome! Alla domanda:

Are there at least two local or regional governments that publish at least 10 PSI data sets for re-use, and do they have active open data communities in their jurisdiction?

Beh, altroché due! E sono già 40 punti. Solo con questi l'Italia va a 385 punti, scavalcando Spagna e Danimarca.

Alla domanda:

Are there at least six local or regional governments that publish at least 10 PSI data sets for re-use, and do they have active open data communities in their jurisdiction?

Sono meno sicuro. I dati ci sono, ma io ho l'impressione che la comunità OD italiana sia abbastanza nazionale... voi che ne dite? Questa vale altri 40 punti. Se arriviamo a 425 punti scavalchiamo anche Francia, Austria, Olanda e UK e arriviamo secondi dietro l'Irlanda.

Queste sono solo due domande,  ma ce ne sono molte altre. Secondo me in Italia andiamo forte anche con gli eventi, per dire. Qualcuno ha voglia di guardare se trova altre anomalie? I punteggi vengono costruiti rispondendo alle domande che trovate qui

Alessio 'Blaster' Biancalana

Dec 11, 2012, 4:15:57 PM12/11/12
to spaghett...@googlegroups.com
C'hai ragione.
Come facciamo a fixarli? :D

Alberto Cottica

Dec 11, 2012, 4:57:19 PM12/11/12
to spaghett...@googlegroups.com

Lo diciamo a Ton! Sul sito dice che chiedono feedback... :)

seralf

Dec 11, 2012, 7:04:23 PM12/11/12
to spaghett...@googlegroups.com
io ancora non ho avuto tempo di dare una occhiata... spero domattina :-(

Ton Zijlstra

Dec 12, 2012, 11:35:44 AM12/12/12
to spaghett...@googlegroups.com
Indeed, by letting me know :) Because yes we are looking for detailed feedback to update the measurements. And the local/regional initiatives are certainly an area where there has been movement in Italy.

My aim is to update the scoreboard early January, incorporating as much feedback as possible. For instance the Irish community seems to think they are scoring too high, and want to get rid of their current 'pole position'.

If you take a look at the descriptions of the indicators listed here: http://epsiplatform.eu/content/psi-scoreboard-indicator-list and compare with the current Italian scores in the spreadsheet here (As attachment): http://epsiplatform.eu/content/european-psi-scoreboard please let me know your suggestions for changes.

Please add 'evidence' for the new answers you provide for indicators. Such as URLs to e.g. online documents, laws, portals etc. if relevant. Only answers supported with answers will be adopted.

In the spreadsheet we already list whatever evidence we have used for the existing scores.

Mind you, our idea is that as a European community we can keep these scores alive and actual. So this is not 'my' or the ePSIplatform's team measurement, and certainly not the EC's measurement, but our collective temperature reading. Also it does not compare governments but tries to show how the current situation concerning PSI re-use is in every European member state. This includes community activity, and things beyond the control of government bodies. This is by design :)

Looking forward to hear your feedback. Please if you have questions and / or remarks let's discuss them here as well, to grow our collective understanding of this.

best,
Ton

best,

Ton

Interdependent Thoughts
Ton Zijlstra

t...@tonzijlstra.eu
+31-6-34489360

http://zylstra.org/blog

Share your real life open data experiences,
observations and anecdotes:

Alberto

Dec 13, 2012, 6:53:29 AM12/13/12
to spaghett...@googlegroups.com
Beh, io già ho recuperato 40 punti. Spaghettari, se avete tempo vediamo di riposizionarci. Mi chiedo da dove vengano i dati iniziali?

Ton, just a question: who answered the original questionnaire? I am surprised that they managed to miss ALL regional/local OD initiatives. Where do you get the data from?

Ton Zijlstra

Dec 13, 2012, 6:57:48 AM12/13/12
to spaghett...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alberto, all,

The original data was collected in Oct 2011. I'm not sure who collected the Italian data originally, as my colleague Tom coordinated it. I think it was an 'outside looking in' approach, meaning it wasn't someone in Italy doing the desk research for the indicators.

I'm looking forward to adding updated info and evidence to the scoreboard.

best
Ton
Interdependent Thoughts
Ton Zijlstra

t...@tonzijlstra.eu
+31-6-34489360

http://zylstra.org/blog

Share your real life open data experiences,
observations and anecdotes:

Alberto Cottica

Dec 13, 2012, 9:08:46 AM12/13/12
to spaghett...@googlegroups.com
Ton, we'll help (well, I will at the very least). But we are volunteers, and it helps the morale of volunteers to see that the people on the payroll are making an effort – we all contend with this in what we do. And managing to miss two years of activity of Piemonte, Lombardia, Veneto, Emilia Romagna and all the more local level initiatives does not exactly signal a high level of effort. A Google search returns this:

So, I would suggest to pick somebody in government and task them with doing a first pass. Then the community can try to add some more granular info, especially if put in the right direction by this person. I am sure there are quite a few competent people who would do it willingly, and even with passion. Makes sense?

Lorenzo Benussi, on this mailing list, is on minister Profumo's staff and might know where to look. Lorenzo, any ideas? Anyone else?

A.

Francesco Minazzi

Jan 7, 2013, 11:21:41 AM1/7/13
to spaghett...@googlegroups.com