Re: Abridged summary of south-africa-scala-user-group@googlegroups.com - 5 updates in 1 topic

kaf...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2014, 6:39:20 AM8/14/14
to south-africa-s...@googlegroups.com
In joburg, Jemstep and Real Impact Analytics are using Scala. So are some startups in stealth mode. I work full time on Scala projects but my work is remote. The Scala Jozi group meets once a month for some talks, demos, drinks and pizzas. Everybody is welcome to join to help grow the community.

Sent from my iPhone

On 14 Aug 2014, at 02:51, south-africa-s...@googlegroups.com wrote:

Jacques du Preez <jacqu...@gmail.com>: Aug 13 06:10AM -0700

Hi,

Yes, Amazon and Allan Gray. Also my company Neovation, is basing its
products on Scala.

Jacques

On Monday, June 17, 2013 10:56:49 AM UTC+2, Adam Jorgensen wrote:
...more
Guillaume Belrose <kaf...@gmail.com>: Aug 13 10:58AM -0700

Graphflow (http://www.graphflow.com) based in Cape Town uses Scala and the
Spark framework for Data Analytics.
Guillaume.

On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 2:10:12 PM UTC+1, Jacques du Preez ...more
Miguel de Barros <rac0...@gmail.com>: Aug 13 10:12PM +0200

I'm actually not aware of any company's in Joburg using Scala.

Are there any?

Regards,
Miguel

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 7:58 PM, Guillaume Belrose <kaf...@gmail.com>
wrote:

...more
Mitchell Wong Ho <oreo...@gmail.com>: Aug 13 10:44PM +0200

Miguel, if you're in GP, then I'd recommend you attend Scala meetups
(hosted by Guillaume) - http://www.meetup.com/Scala-Jozi/

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 10:12 PM, Miguel de Barros ...more
Mitchell Wong Ho <oreo...@gmail.com>: Aug 13 10:52PM +0200

I think Kotive.com is based in Cape Town

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 10:44 PM, Mitchell Wong Ho <oreo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

--
Regards,