Cramp Up - promoting it regionally

1 view

Starbird Greg

Mar 25, 2017, 11:40:58 AM3/25/17
to SOUPA SOUPA
Great news! You only have to wait 8 weeks for Cramp Up (May 20-21). This is the second of two emails I'm sending this morning.

Details below my signature.

Greg

Details:

Four teams have signed up, plus a southern Oregon team (presuming we get a few more women) makes five. That's great! We're now seeking ~seven more teams.

1. I’ve pasted a slightly revised Cramp Up announcement below my signature, now including "Nice grass fields, all games adjacent to each other". What else makes an Ultimate tournament attractive to people? Feel free to suggest further improvements to attract new and old teams to Cramp Up.

2. Please be vocal and work on particular cities where you know people...can you respond to fill out this list of cities so we're all working in tandem in tangible ways towards a full tournament?

Portland:
  • Stacy Hubbard has offered to ask an old friend in Portland to post the Cramp Up announcement on local websites. Thank you, Stacy!
  • Kellen has played with a Portland team in the past, perhaps can ask them to promote Cramp Up to others in the Portland Ultimate community. Thank you, Kellen!
  • Do YOU who have a connection in Portland you can exploit?

Eugene:
  • I sent the announcement to a friend on Midnight Whiskey, a tam which has played in Cramp Up before. So far, no response.
  • Who else can help attract teams from Eugene? Can you?

Corvallis:
  • Who's stepping up to attract teams from Corvallis?

Bay Area:
  • I understand that last year’s second place Cramp Up team—Classy—has already signed up for Cramp Up again. Surely a lot of you have Ultimate connections in the Bay Area. How about calling your friends and enthusiastically letting them know about the tournament? Who’s in? It's a big Ultimate market and we can use all hands on deck.

Bend:
  • Marisa has Ultimate friends in Bend, as do some of the rest of you, from what I could tell at Gandy last year. Who’s gonna step up and stimulate a team or two from Bend to show up at Cramp Up this year?

Seattle:
  • Anyone know people there?

Elsewhere?

Southern Oregon Ultimate presents:
Cramp Up XXIII! 2017
Always a Coed Ultimate Celebration.
Fichtner-Mainwaring Park, Medford, Oregon
Saturday, May 20th and Sunday May 21st
Highlights:
·         Up to 15 mixed (coed) teams. 4:3/3:4, offense chooses.
·         Nice grass fields, all games adjacent to each other.
·         Entry fee: $400/team.
·         HOW TO BID: Captains need to register by clicking   http://soupa.org/cramp-up/
Scroll down and click “Team Captains: Register Your Team” button. Fill out the form completely,
  •  Bids are not official until each Captain pays his/her team’s fee.
  • Captains can pay using the PayPal account button on the Cramp Up! page (http://soupa.org/cramp-up/ )or:
  • Teams can send a check made out toSOUPA”, to: 1545 Old Stage Road, Central Point, OR, 97502

LOCATION: CrampUp #21 will be played at Fichtner-Mainwaring Park in Medford, Oregon, 334 Holmes Ave, Medford, OR 97501.
PARTY? More information to come!
Any QUESTIONS? Email Joe Sullivan, Tournament Director at jcs...@yahoo.com
Please distribute this to anyone interested in any team captain who would like to organize a team.