Re: [SOUPA] Gandy commitment?

erin federline

May 9, 2017, 1:13:34 AM5/9/17
to Shantrin Lininger, David Kingston, erin federline, Courtney Wilson, James Yang, Starbird Greg, SOUPA
Hi dave,
Hope you are well! Any thoughts of a last minute trip down to the Rogue Valley to play Cramp Up? ? Would love to have you! May 20-21.

Erin
On Tue, 2/16/16, David Kingston <dkings...@gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: [SOUPA] Gandy commitment?
To: "Shantrin Lininger" <shan...@gmail.com>
Cc: "erin federline" <drago...@yahoo.com>, "Courtney Wilson" <courtne...@gmail.com>, "James Yang" <james....@gmail.com>, "Starbird Greg" <gregst...@yahoo.com>, "SOUPA" <soupa...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 12:56 PM

Hey ya'll!
Apparently I'm still
subscribed to the SOUPA Google Group and have been sorting
through this Gandy chatter. If you're still in need of
some guys I would love to fly down and join everyone for a
weekend of shenanigans. I've also discussed this with
Mr. Dickman who reports he is a "hopeful" leaning
towards likely. I'm certainly in, if we can get numbers!
I'll stay tuned to see if I need to purchase my
tickets.
Miss you
guys!Dave
On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at
9:57 AM, Shantrin Lininger <shan...@gmail.com>
wrote:
I would like ten women, minimum, solidly
confirmed, seriously.
feel the same way about the men's side, we need more
guys, though we can add Tyler and Mica Mills to our
confirmed list.  Axa and Gabe will most likely come too. I
don't want to merge with another team.
I need to know NO LATER THAN March
15 if we are a go, so I can cancel rooms and get my deposits
back. If we still have a crew that wants to ski/board that
weekend, I will hang on to a couple of them..
Shantrin
On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at
10:16 AM, 'erin federline' via SOUPA <soupa...@googlegroups.com>
wrote:
Hi Greg and
all,Thanks for the ongoing Gandy
communication!  The very idea of doing this as a Southern
Oregon crew is very exciting.  For clarity, I think the
numbers and folks that Greg mentions are of those who have
expressed interest, and not necessarily have committed to
play.
I think that list Greg wrote is close to the
mental count that I have but I added a few that I
heard.
Ladies:  Haley, Sierra, Katie S. Marisa,
Shantrin, Becca, Erin, Jen Y( though I just heard second
hand, Jen can you verify?) = 8 interested ladies.Men: Jay S, Greg, James, Jim, Anthony (again, more
second hand info, Anthony, can you verify) and then a few
maybes and Chris W who said something about playing one day=
5 solidly interested men. Becca mentioned recruiting a few
guys she knows from California and Greg mentioned his East
Coast friend.  James presented the idea of merging with
another half crew from somewhere else.  Men, how many men
would we want to have?  Ladies, how many ladies?
I guess,
it's time for a solid commitment to see if it is a go?
James mentioned waiting until the end of the month to make a
decision but it might be nice to start moving towards a
decision earlier than that?  I don't know but I would
like to know whether to train for Ultimate or trail running
:)
Personally, I have some issues with one of my feet
and lots of cleat time sounds painful and may risk my
ability to run this spring/ summer.  However, if there is a
solid lady crew and I can play less, I'd still be
interested and would still be excited.  I think the
participation on the male side is discouraging me from
committing.  I guess I really want to play with Southern
Oregon folks and am less interested in merging with another
team.  What are your thoughts on this, folks?
Erin

On Sunday, February
14, 2016 10:22 AM, Courtney Wilson <courtne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi everyone. I
work overnight on Friday and won't be able to make it. I
hope it works out for those of you who want to make it
happen.
Courtney
On Feb 14, 2016, at 8:19 AM, James Yang <james....@gmail.com>
wrote:

One idea if we don't get
enough players to commit is seeing if we can combined teams
with another group from Eugene OR bend that doesn't have
enough players also to make one bigger team
On Feb 13, 2016 5:12 PM, "'Starbird Greg'
via SOUPA" <soupa...@googlegroups.com>
wrote:
Hey everyone, I’d like to play at Gandy. One of
my best friends (Alex) lives in Philly, is an experienced
(lefty) Ultimate player, playing in a league there now.
He's interested to fly out to join our Gandy team.
I'm gonna tell him to do so if it looks like we have
enough SOUPA commitment that he can count on a team. Do
we?

We have a pickup game
scheduled for tomorrow in Medford, and then 6 Wed nights at
North Mountain Park (starting March 2) before Gandy. In my
opinion that's a nice period in which to get back in
Ulty shape and stay that way through Cramp Up and the
summer. And think of how fun Cramp Up will be in May, having
already played in a tournament in April.

I see: Erin, Shantrin, Marisa, Jim, Sierra,
Katie, Jay, Chris W., Anthony, James Yang, me, (possibly)
Will Dickman, and (possibly) Alex. That's 5 women and
6-8 men. Am I missing anyone / does anyone else want to
commit so we can have a full team of committed players and
get it solidly in our calendars? Btw, how many people is a
team supposed to have at Gandy?

(Note:  I’m fine with Bachelor instead or
whatever, but it’d be nice to get a team of enough people
and play while we all can.)
greg

Sierra Castellano

May 9, 2017, 1:24:31 AM5/9/17
to erin federline, Shantrin Lininger, David Kingston, Courtney Wilson, James Yang, Starbird Greg, SOUPA
That would be awesome Dave!!!

Sent from my iPhone

Greg Starbird

May 9, 2017, 1:31:18 AM5/9/17
to Sierra Castellano, erin federline, Shantrin Lininger, David Kingston, Courtney Wilson, James Yang, SOUPA
Dave I obv. like and admire you but we have a men's Cramp Up roster of 16-17 men in a 4:3/3:4 tournament with 4 guys having already voluntarily stepped off the team so others have enough playing time, and I've rejected 9 other interested players including local regulars who didn't express interest in time and out-of-town players looking to pick up on our team. Always a great experience to be out there with you but this ship has sailed.

Greg

Sent from my iPhone

David Kingston

May 9, 2017, 1:06:35 PM5/9/17
to Sierra Castellano, erin federline, Shantrin Lininger, Courtney Wilson, James Yang, SOUPA
from it, send an email to soupagroup+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

David Kingston

May 9, 2017, 1:06:54 PM5/9/17
to David Kingston, Sierra Castellano, erin federline, Shantrin Lininger, Courtney Wilson, James Yang, SOUPA
No worries! That's awesome you guys are getting such a wonderful turn-out! I reached out to the Anchorage ultimate community to try a rally a team for Cramp Up a couple of months ago, to no avail. I'm likely going to make a Southern OR trip later this summer and hopefully can see everyone!

Good luck with the tourney!
Miss everyone,

Dave