Re: Gandy Goose

James Yang

Mar 1, 2017, 12:39:43 AM3/1/17
to Elizabeth Schyling, SOUPA, Evan Barrientos, Greg Starbird, Benjamin Peterson, Joe Sullivan, Matthew Vorgang, Steven Lee, Austin Harfst, Chris Winder, Zachariah Zegzdryn, Elizabeth Guenard
Hard to imagine there are only 2 women solid to play Gandy!  What about all the players that played league last fall? and did Haley and Kate S consider and say yes or no yet?

if combo-ing with another team is a thought, someone should email the tourney director ASAP TONIGHT or tomorrow and ask if there's another team that are short numbers that we can join with perhaps.

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 8:33 PM, Elizabeth Schyling <elizabeth...@gmail.com> wrote:
BTW, we (Liz & Linc) both talked and we really want to play, so if we can just get 2-3 more women I think we'd be happy. That's at least one sub instead of playing savage. 10 women seemed like an unrealistic goal, but 4 is maybe possible,

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 8:32 PM, Elizabeth Schyling <elizabeth...@gmail.com> wrote:
Liz & I are trying to find more women. But combo-ing might be a great strategy too, especially if it's time sensitive.

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 8:27 PM, Evan Barrientos <barrien...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd still really like to go to this. Is there any way we could combine players with another ultimate group out there?
Evan

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 11:33 AM, Greg Starbird <gregst...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Last year the women decided they wanted a minimum of 10. Up to you ladies this year--I would think maybe 7-8? Expect to play 4 consecutive games the first day and 2-3 the second, I'd say. I can't remember if it's a 5:2 or 4:3 tourney, I think the latter.

Greg

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 28, 2017, at 10:50 AM, Elizabeth Schyling <elizabeth...@gmail.com> wrote:

Greg, what's the minimum number of women we need?

On Feb 28, 2017 8:58 AM, "Starbird Greg" <gregst...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Added one more person here, sorry. Corrected email below.

You 10 people expressed interest in Gandy Goose (list below my signature). Despite the exceeding awesomeness of Liz and Link, two women is not enough for 7-8 competitive games of Ultimate over 2 days. And with my work/family/schedule situation, I don't think I'm able to go this year either, nor am I confident I can convince women to commit to something I can't reliably attend myself. So I gotta remove myself from the situation, which I probably shouldn't have jumped into in the first place. Apologies for this.

I'm writing the Gandy organizers now to tell them the same.

You guys may feel differently and want to seek a bid without me; seems like some of you probably have other Ultimate friends in the region (especially females)?

If so, the process to pursue a bid is here, and is basically 1) fill a form; 2) submit a video; 3) pay a fee: https://goo.gl/forms/ gLx30r5PduIqOG4m1

Greg

Men Interested in Gandy:
Steven Lee
Zack Zegzdryn
Evan Barrientos
Austin Harfst
Matthew Vorgang
Joe Sullivan
Chris Winder
James Yang (pending resolution of injury)
Ben Petersen (pending work schedule)

Women Interested in Gandy:
Liz Guenard
Link Schyling

Greg Starbird

Mar 1, 2017, 12:48:52 AM3/1/17
to James Yang, Elizabeth Schyling, SOUPA, Evan Barrientos, Benjamin Peterson, Joe Sullivan, Matthew Vorgang, Steven Lee, Austin Harfst, Chris Winder, Zachariah Zegzdryn, Elizabeth Guenard
fyi in case anyone wants to contact the Gandy TD, see email string below for his address etc.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jonathan Hopper <hopp...@gmail.com>
Date: February 28, 2017 at 4:39:20 PM PST
To: Starbird Greg <gregst...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Gandy bid

I'm sorry to hear that!  Definitely been there though.  I will let you know if anyone is looking for pickups.

Cheers
Jon

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 9:25 AM Starbird Greg <gregst...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi Jon,

Thanks a lot for your message. We had hoped to submit the video and $ before Mar 1, but I didn't get enough women for a team, so I'm withdrawing my attempt to get a bid.

Your tournament was a ton of fun last year and I'm sorry we'll miss it and to have kept you hanging here since submitting the form.

If any of your teams end up needing players, let me know and I'll send you names/email addresses of men and/or women from here who might be interested in pickup up on a shorthanded team.

Greg

Mar 1, 2017, 12:55:51 AM3/1/17
to James Yang, Elizabeth Schyling, SOUPA, Greg Starbird, Benjamin Peterson, Joe Sullivan, Matthew Vorgang, Steven Lee, Austin Harfst, Chris Winder, Zachariah Zegzdryn, Elizabeth Guenard
I'll send him a quick note right now.
Evan

Joe Sullivan

Mar 1, 2017, 1:59:25 AM3/1/17
to Evan Barrientos, James Yang, Elizabeth Schyling, SOUPA, Greg Starbird, Benjamin Peterson, Matthew Vorgang, Steven Lee, Austin Harfst, Chris Winder, Zachariah Zegzdryn, Elizabeth Guenard
Combining with a women's team is another option.  Teams usually short on women, not 9 guys.