Humboldt Update & Logistics

Russ Causley

Oct 29, 2017, 9:08:13 PM10/29/17
to SOUPA
Howdy everyone,

Now that League has come to a close, I want to provide those who want to attend Humboldt with some info.
Sorry about the long email but if you’re going please read all the way through.

As of right now, we have a confirmed count of 8 people for Saturday and 10 for Sunday. However, it’s looking like we’ll get combined with the team from Reno which would bump our numbers to 18-19 and give us another lady or two, as well as greatly reducing our bid cost.

Travel:
I think our best bet is to carpool with  2 cars of 4, and a third car arriving Sunday (Joel) to take the extra couple people back. Anyone willing to volunteer to drive?
Housing:
Option 1: Camping - $0-20/night
Option 2: Rent a House as just our SOUPA group - cost varies
Option 3: Rent a house with Steven Lee’s team. Cost <$50 for the weekend, but it would end up being 21 people sleeping in the place.
Please let me know your vote or what you want to do for housing ASAP so we can find a house if that’s what we decide on. My vote is for option 2.

I’ll send out another email tomorrow to just those going to the tourney, but wanted to include the whole group if anyone is still on the fence.  Time to get going on the logistics.

Cheers,
Russ

Austin Harfst

Oct 29, 2017, 10:20:23 PM10/29/17
to Russ Causley, SOUPA
Roughly when are the first two cars leaving? Friday evening? Saturday morning? For that matter, what time is the first game?

Sent from my iPhone

James Yang

Oct 29, 2017, 10:31:51 PM10/29/17
to Russ Causley, SOUPA
I vote for option number 2 leaving on Friday.  No one wants to leave at 5 in the morning.....

Would be nice to have more than four or five ladies with 14 or 15 men??? But if that's the case whatever it'll still be great