Gandy Update

Russ

Feb 8, 2018, 11:50:44 AM2/8/18
to SOUPA
Howdy everyone,

I am getting ready to put a bid in to Gandy to secure our spot, but want to be sure that we have enough people to commit to it right now.  As of its last known status, this is the list:

In for sure:
Austin H
Zack Z
Casey W
Evan B
Russ
James Y
Saint
Donovan
Paul B
Josh
Joey G
Chris H

Linc
Linc's Friend #1
Jadine
Kathryn P
Sophie
Olivia

In, but not for practice:
Steve Lee
Grant

Maybes:
Adam D
Linc's Friend #2
Joel (skiing)
Elly (skiing)
Kelly W (pending practice)
Marissa (kids baseball)

If you're name is on the list and you are 100% committed to going, please just reaffirm with me personally as soon as possible via email (rcau...@gmail.com).
For this tournament I'd like people to buy in early by paying a portion of the bid as a sign of their commitment to going.   Humboldt Harvest, though fun, ended up being a bit of a mess for both myself and the TD with people backing out late in the game.  We were allowed to pay the bid at the tournament for that one, but that's not going to be the case this time so early commitment is crucial.

On a separate note, I'd like to start getting those competing in the tournament together for some practices, and figured a 2 minute survey wouldn't hurt for making that coordination easier.  Please fill it out as soon as you can.

Thanks everyone!  I'll move these Gandy conversations off of the SOUPA Group soon, so please bear with me until then.

Cheers,
Russ

Adam Danforth

Feb 8, 2018, 11:58:04 AM2/8/18
to Russ, SOUPA
Hey Guys,

I can definitely make it! Make arrangements at home to get away for the weekend.

- adam

Butcher, Educator & Father
http://www.adamdanforth.com

Buy the books:
"Butchering Poultry, Rabbit, Lamb, Goat, and Pork"
"Butchering Beef"

Good Meat Project Board Member
Butcher's Manifesto Ambassador & Board Member
Chefs Collaborative Board Member | "Change Menus, Change Lives"

Russ

Feb 8, 2018, 1:38:13 PM2/8/18
to SOUPA
This is an amendment to my last update:

In an effort to not end up with an overload of men, I'd like to place a cap at 14 men, with a waitlist for anyone else who is not on the "In for sure" list or is uncertain of their ability to commit to going.
This is not meant to exclude anyone, rather it is necessary so we do not end up with a heavily overloaded team that prevents people from getting playing time.  I hate doing it and sincerely apologize, but please don't refrain from getting in touch if you are still interested.  Life happens and the roster is bound to change due to injuries and unforseeables.

If there is enough interest, I am happy to help coordinate the creation of a second team if we can swing it.  Should you like to help with that, just send me an email.

Take care,
Russ

Starbird Greg

Feb 8, 2018, 2:21:12 PM2/8/18
to SOUPA, Russ
Nice one, Russ! So great you guys are going. Please put me at the end of the waitlist now that I'm playing again!

And yeah, that would be a lot of fun to have two Gandy teams!! How many more men/women would make this possible?

Greg

Austin Harfst

Feb 8, 2018, 5:03:24 PM2/8/18
to Starbird Greg, SOUPA, Russ
Is it ok to ask which 14 men are on the list as of right now? I was just thinking some transparency might be good. That way if someone on the list is not sure they can go, they can give their spot to someone who can go for sure. If they want. I don’t know, maybe I’m way off base here.

Sent from my iPhone

Russ Causley

Feb 9, 2018, 12:04:25 PM2/9/18
to Austin Harfst, Starbird Greg, SOUPA
Hey Austin and everyone,

Those on the "In For Sure" list are the folks I have included as the 14. My goal is to create a team of people who can commit completely so there are no questions or possibilities of backing out, save for unforeseen injuries or emergencies.
I'd like the tournament to be a chance to have fun and be goofy, while also bringing a competitive attitude and readiness to play, and in order to do that I hope we can create some team chemistry through practices and playing together during pickup.  So, as Austin stated, if there is any uncertainty in your ability to commit please let me know so I can add you to the waitlist and leave that space open for those that are gung ho and 100% sure.

Thank you all. Take care,
Russ

On Thursday, February 8, 2018, 10:38:21 AM PST, Russ <rcau...@gmail.com> wrote:

This is an amendment to my last update:

In an effort to not end up with an overload of men, I'd like to place a cap at 14 men, with a waitlist for anyone else who is not on the "In for sure" list or is uncertain of their ability to commit to going.
This is not meant to exclude anyone, rather it is necessary so we do not end up with a heavily overloaded team that prevents people from getting playing time.  I hate doing it and sincerely apologize, but please don't refrain from getting in touch if you are still interested.  Life happens and the roster is bound to change due to injuries and unforseeables.

If there is enough interest, I am happy to help coordinate the creation of a second team if we can swing it.  Should you like to help with that, just send me an email.

Take care,
Russ

chris hernandez

Feb 9, 2018, 7:46:39 PM2/9/18
to Russ Causley, Austin Harfst, Starbird Greg, SOUPA
I’m in for sure!

Sent from my iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to soupagroup+...@googlegroups.com.