Fwd: Gandy Goose - Save the Date - April 14-15

Joe Sullivan

Jan 22, 2018, 3:39:13 AM1/22/18
to soupa...@googlegroups.com
Let's go to this annual fun tournament in Bend OR!  We will probably have enough men for two teams.  But we will need around 12 women to have 2 teams.

WE REALLY NEED at least 12 WOMEN TO COMMIT ASAP!!

Please let me know if you are in.
(Guys let me know too, even if you already let me know)

    Two teams would be ideal so we don't have 20 guys on one team.  Not that 20 guys would be a deal breaker...the more the merrier.

Let's also say that Friday's at North Mtn will be "open practice" for the tournament team.  This will be open to anyone (weather or not you want to go to the tournament...we will need  numbers and it will mostly be pickup anyway).  But we can practice a few things together also.  And in addition, starting as soon as we get enough for one team, we can have another "open practice" an hour before each Sunday Pickup.

Ultimate!

Begin forwarded message:

From: Andy Wade <andrew...@gmail.com>
Date: January 21, 2018 at 9:05:00 PM PST
To: Andy Wade <andrew...@gmail.com>
Cc: Paul Snape <paul....@gmail.com>
Subject: Gandy Goose - Save the Date - April 14-15

Hello Northwest Frisbee folks,

Bend Ultimate is proud to announce the Gandy Goose is back for its 22nd year in beautiful Bend, Oregon. An official bid announcement and sign-up will follow in a week or two, but here's a Save the Date to pique your interest. Feel free to forward to any and all interested parties. And if you have any questions/suggestions, hit me up.

Godspeed along the Trail,
-Andy (taking over for Jon this year)

GANDY or BUST!!
Date: April 14-15, 2018
Teams: 20 Mixed
Location: Pine Nursery Park, Bend
Bid fee: $400 - $450 (TBD)
Fields: Luscious, lined
Field food: Scrumptious, copious
Weather: Unpredictable
River Crossings: Unsafe!!

Inline image 2

Inline image 1

Elizabeth Schyling

Jan 22, 2018, 5:49:09 PM1/22/18
to Joe Sullivan, SOUPA SOUPA
I'm going to commit and I think I've talked two women into joining us. One has some basic frisbee experience and has put us on her calendar! The other said she'll try to come to a few pick-up games and try it out.

Jadie May

Jan 22, 2018, 11:37:58 PM1/22/18
to Elizabeth Schyling, Joe Sullivan, SOUPA SOUPA
this sounds like a blast, i'm down
--

Jadene Mayla, M.F.A., BLA., B.A., PCD.

Kathryn Prive

Jan 23, 2018, 10:04:09 AM1/23/18
to SOUPA
I'm planning on going to Gandy Goose.

Kelly Wassell

Jan 23, 2018, 8:16:30 PM1/23/18
to soupa...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
  I would like to join in, but I really need structure and open practices in my experience are not very productive. I would feel a lot better with a captain and doing drills to be able to gel as a team.  Not to get too serious, but these aspects were part of my reason for not participating in the tournaments last year.  I would love to see some of the seasoned women with us too... Marissa and Erin?? Where did they go?
Much love and flicks,
Kelly

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 7:04 AM, Kathryn Prive <kathry...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm planning on going to Gandy Goose.

Casey Wright

Jan 24, 2018, 12:01:03 AM1/24/18
to Kelly Wassell, soupa...@googlegroups.com
Captain Sully?

Donovan Holmbeck

Jan 24, 2018, 10:19:41 AM1/24/18
to Casey Wright, Kelly Wassell, soupa...@googlegroups.com
I’m in for the tournament. I like the idea of structured practices to help build team chemistry.

Sent from my iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to soupagroup+...@googlegroups.com.

James Yang

Jan 24, 2018, 2:33:21 PM1/24/18
to Donovan Holmbeck, Casey Wright, Kelly Wassell, soupa...@googlegroups.com
I'm in

Kelly Wassell

Jan 24, 2018, 7:41:02 PM1/24/18
to soupa...@googlegroups.com
Joey and everyone else,

Hah! I am Paul's partner, brunet braids, tall.  It's cool.  It just makes me feel better about my memory. Hahaha! Pretty average player with small amount of tournament experience. I really just don't want to run my ass off for nothing :).  I like scoring too much!

Anyway, I mostly need someone to run with a few other times a week, so I can keep up with everyone! Winter is not very inspiring in the getting out and running despite being cold and wet. Any takers. I live in Pheonix, but willing to travel. hehehe!  Also been having trouble with my knee, so I gotta take it easy, and running without cutting I think would be ok.

Thanks,
Kelly

Jadie May

Jan 24, 2018, 11:10:01 PM1/24/18
to Kelly Wassell, soupa...@googlegroups.com
egads running, but i feel you're right twice a week is a good idea to be in shape come spring.