Cramp Up - update on local team

Starbird Greg

Apr 20, 2017, 8:44:15 PM4/20/17
to SOUPA SOUPA
Here is an update on forming a local team to compete in Cramp Up XXIII (May 20-21):

Women interested to play and help put on Cramp Up:
[Reminder: this is a 4:3 / 3:4 tournament...Haley and Sierra and Elyssa PLEASE PLAY if you can!!]

Saturday:
-Marisa Dunbrasky (yes)
-Erin Federline (yes)
-Kate Stumpff (yes)
-Sierra Castellano (hoping to make it, Saturday only)
-Haley Maddox (maybe)
-Liz (Linc) Schyling (either Saturday or Sunday only--not sure yet which one)
-Anne Meador (limited games preferred)
-Elyssa (interested and actively playing, not sure whether can make it yet)

Sunday:
-Marisa Dunbrasky (yes)
-Erin Federline (yes)
-Kate Stumpff (yes)
-Liz Guenard (maybe - Sunday only)
-Haley Maddox (maybe)
-Anne Meador (limited games preferred)
-Elyssa (interested and actively playing, not sure whether can make it yet)

Maybes: Kelsey Miller, Tessa (interested, Tessa?)...others? Please?

Men interested to play and help put on Cramp Up:

-Evan Barrientos
-Adam Barth
-Paul Belson
-Josh Blesse
-Eddy Bolt
-Joel Caswell
-Austin Harfst
-Dallas Horsley
-Gabe Kester
-Austin Harfst
-Tyler Maddox (maybe)
-Jake Miller
-Greg Starbird
-Joe Sullivan
-Matt Vorgang
-Chris Winder
-Zach Zegzdryn
-Kris Thornill (moved out of town but interested; also potentially two other players from his new group, seeking to play on a team as well--maybe we can combine them with 10 people from Bend who want to play?)
-Kevin Jantzer (I'm pretty sure you said yes, right, Kevin?)
-If I forgot anyone, please let me know

And just today Adam Koren, who has played with Southern Oregon teams at Cramp Up in the past, is wondering whether he can do the same this year. So this is pushing 20 male players already.

If we had 10 more women (!), we could field two southern Oregon teams, which would give us 12 total teams in the tournament if our 11th team indeed decides to come (they said they're 80% likely). Does anyone have any last-ditch ways to get more women to play with us? It seems very unlikely to me you do...but I'm putting it out there one last time. Get creative!! And thanks to Marisa and others already on the hunt.

If I hear nothing promising on this front by tomorrow, I'll happily register a single Southern Oregon team called Gin & Tonic, and will plan to assign specific male players to play certain games and sit certain games, incorporating schedule constraints of specific players where voiced and where this is possible. This approach to the male/female imbalance worked better last year at Cramp Up than our Gandy experience of all male players trying to play very game.

Importantly: with 10 teams now signed up, we are starting to move forward towards a party etc. The tournament is in a little over 4 weeks. Many thanks to those who have already volunteered for specific tasks, which includes (to my knowledge):

-Jake Miller (help set up fields)
-Shantrin Lininger (water on the field)
-Matt and Tessa (field food)
-Erin Federline (calling places for parties, etc.)
-Etc. - stay tuned - many of you have offered to help and it's up to Kellen, Joey, and co. to specify where your help is needed.

This is gonna be a really fun tournament with teams from all over the region and the chance to compete against totally different players, and more intensely, than our usual Wednesday night and Sunday afternoon fun. Let's make it happen!

Thanks,

Greg

erin federline

Apr 20, 2017, 8:58:36 PM4/20/17