Ultimate - Wednesday (lights!)

Starbird Greg

Sep 3, 2019, 2:32:38 PM9/3/19
to SOUPA SOUPA, soupagro...@googlegroups.com
Pickup Ultimate
Wednesday (September 4), 6:30 pm
North Mountain Park - Ashland

Please note:
  • Our permit allows us to play under the lights starting tomorrow. Yay!!
  • The field under the lights will be smaller than usual due to the large construction scar cutting diagonally across it
  • The city estimates it will be some weeks before the grass has grown sufficiently to allow us to use the full field
  • In the meantime, please do not step on, cross, or throw a hammer into the healing grass
  • If you plan to play regularly this Fall, please send me $20-$40 of lights money; we pay $34.50/hour (Venmo: gregstarbird or PayPal: gregst...@yahoo.com)
  • I measured today, and there are several possible ways we can set up fields. If you plan to play tomorrow night and care about this, please send me an email (gregst...@yahoo.com) with your input on the options I've pasted below my signature.
I plan to play. Who else is in?

Greg
p.s. Options for tomorrow:

1. Start on the back field tomorrow, behind the bathrooms, where we played last week, and then move under the lights once it's too dark. Note: this field is reserved by kid soccer until 7 pm tomorrow, has no lights, and sunset is 7:39. (But maybe the soccer people will leave at 6:30 instead of 7? Not sure.) Last week, we had several subs per team and stopped the game at ~8 pm because it got too dark

2. Set up the biggest field we can under the lights - I measured today and we can fit a full-width (40 yards), 3/4-length (~90 yards), diagonal field on the far side of the construction line. Note: This also allows us room for two mini fields (or DDC or whatever), also under the lights, on the near side of the construction line

3. Some other idea

Adam Danforth

Sep 3, 2019, 2:44:10 PM9/3/19
to soupagro...@googlegroups.com, SOUPA SOUPA
In! I think the diagonal field sounds great.

Butcher, Educator & Father
http://www.adamdanforth.com
Facebook  |  Twitter

Buy the books:
"Butchering Poultry, Rabbit, Lamb, Goat, and Pork"
"Butchering Beef"

Butcher's Manifesto Ambassador
Chefs Collaborative Board Member | "Change Menus, Change Lives"

Sent from GMail for iPad

Erick Barney

Sep 3, 2019, 2:52:39 PM9/3/19
to soupagro...@googlegroups.com, SOUPA SOUPA
In

I blame my iPhone for any speling or grammatically errors.

Joel Caswell

Sep 3, 2019, 2:55:40 PM9/3/19
to soupagro...@googlegroups.com, SOUPA SOUPA
I think play under the lights, and get the best field that we can.

 ~ Joel Caswell

James Yang

Sep 3, 2019, 4:40:07 PM9/3/19
to soupagro...@googlegroups.com, SOUPA
My vote is to play under The lights on The front Field, 70 are filled with 10-yard end zones. Makes it harder to score and requires more position and patience in the red zone!

I'm likely in

Kevin Roberts

Sep 3, 2019, 8:11:55 PM9/3/19
to soupagro...@googlegroups.com, SOUPA