End of Fall League!

1 view

matthew vorgang

Oct 29, 2017, 12:00:43 AM10/29/17
to 'Joe Sullivan' via Soupa
What an amazing league!
The ultimate was great! The throws impeccable (sometimes), and the layouts incomprehensibly awesome!

Now don't get me wrong, we had some struggles. From smoke so thick I thought Joel would pass out, to entitled field thieves, there were definitively hard decisions made. And I must say, I didn't always make the right decision. But thanks to Kellen's help, I think things went very smoothly, considering.
I also have to give a huge thanks to Jim Costellano, and Jay Stumpf for being so supportive. Instead of stabbing me in the back, giving me a hard time about the situation, or complaining, they gave their advice and stood by decisions I made. It may not have seemed like a big deal, but it was to me.

We have to all remember that it's not the calls a person makes on the field that shows his or her character, it's what they do after the call is made. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes in whether or not they should have called a pick, and some people call more fouls because they need to avoid physical contact. And it's okay if we disagree a little bit on the field and heckle about it! But we must then forgive and forget, even if you still disagree.

It has been an honor to be your commissioner,
-Matt

erin federline

Oct 29, 2017, 12:56:30 AM10/29/17
to 'Joe Sullivan' via Soupa, matthew vorgang
Thanks to all who made this season happen. From the commissioner, the captains, KELLEN, and all of you who came to play.

It is a special thing that we have here and I thank so many of you for this opportunity to play in this league. Thanks to all who contributed to this evening's party. I'm sad to miss it but I'm feeling sick and attending just felt to be too much after a few huge weeks. League parties are always my favorite times. While my competitive and East coast edge don't always facilitate my best sides, I am so thankful and humbled to play with you all. Thanks for sharing the field and the game.

Cheers to you all,
Erin

Subject: [SOUPA] End of Fall League!
To: "'Joe Sullivan' via Soupa" <soupa...@googlegroups.com>

Kellen Akiyama

Oct 29, 2017, 12:01:06 PM10/29/17
to erin federline, 'Joe Sullivan' via Soupa, matthew vorgang
Big thanks to Matt. What poise! We really, really, appreciate your stepping up. And it was so fun to work with you! Hopefully you won't be too discouraged... our league is growing, and we really love having your leadership!

Elizabeth Schyling

Oct 30, 2017, 1:05:44 AM10/30/17
to Kellen Akiyama, erin federline, SOUPA SOUPA, matthew vorgang
 It was genuinely awesome! Thanks so much for creating this opportunity for us all!

Paul Belson

Oct 30, 2017, 3:10:05 PM10/30/17
to Elizabeth Schyling, Kellen Akiyama, erin federline, SOUPA SOUPA, matthew vorgang
So grateful to have such a vibrant and positive ultimate scene.  Thanks to all for making it happen.

Matt, thank you for stepping up to herd all these crazy cats!

Evan Barrientos

Oct 31, 2017, 12:06:37 AM10/31/17
to Paul Belson, Elizabeth Schyling, Kellen Akiyama, erin federline, SOUPA SOUPA, matthew vorgang
Thank you so much, Matt and everyone else who helped make league happen!