Fwd: Cramp up - the ring email

Joe Sullivan

May 17, 2017, 1:10:41 AM5/17/17
to Soupa...@googlegroups.com, Nick Jackson
Hey SOUPA community,

    These folks need a place to stay for cramp up, (story and details below) I told them I could reach out to the community for them.  Contact me or them if you want to hook 16-17 ppl up with a place to stay!

-Sull

Begin forwarded message:

From: Nick Jackson <nack...@gmail.com>
Date: May 16, 2017 at 9:54:46 PM PDT
To: Joe Sullivan <jcs...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Cramp up - the ring email

If the spirit moves you let it groove you!

I'm herding the cats from Humboldt and Eugene now officially known as Hammered and Nailed:The United Construction Workers of Humboldt and Eugene. A friend from Portland tipped me off about the hotsprings and I threw the option out to the group a minute ago. Curious if there is a community spot that could host 17-18...

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 5:53 PM, Joe Sullivan <jcs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Thanks man!!  Great spirit!
Which team are you again?  How many people?  I think a few teams may be at the Jackson wellspring camping...very unique spot.  Were you set on a house camping an option?  I'll see about crashing with the community when you tell me the number.

On May 16, 2017, at 5:37 PM, Nick Jackson <nack...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey There,

Love the photographed sunday schedule on the lined paper, we like to write our schedules on beer boxes down in Humboldt. Super excited for this weekend though I'm at a bit of a loss at the moment due to the owner of our rental telling me today that they had a family emergency and can't rent us the house we had booked. All the other rental places ive seen are too expensive do you have any suggestions or options for us, we're happy to crash with folks if that's an option. Feel free to give me a call 7817994037

Thanks
-Nick

On May 15, 2017 11:15 PM, "Joe Sullivan" <jcs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
This is the email that rules them all!

     Welcome to Cramp Up XXIIV!  We at Southern Oregon Ultimate Players Association (SOUPA), are very excited to have a bunch of ultimate players congregate in the Rouge Valley once again!  Thanks for coming!

Saturday:
Captains meeting @ 8:30 am. At Fichtner Mainwarring park, Medford OR.
Round 1 begins at 9 am.  Successive rounds begin 1.5 hours after 1st round...so round 5 begins at 3 pm.  Pool A will have 5 games and pool B will have 4 (with a round 5 bye).  Vote for spirit winners 1 male 1 female after each rd.

Pools for Sat

Pool A:
Admins
Firefly
Cutthroat
Midnight Whiskey
Natural 20's
Boos Cruz

Pool B:
Classy
Eugene/Humboldt
FCDC
Oh my!
Gin

Dinner-
SOUPA will be serving dinner to all players at 4:30 at the fields.  Please bring your own plates and utensils.  Spirit winners play for a "Hucket".

Party-
The party will be on the Schoolhaus Brewhaus in Jacksonville OR.  The party is on their lawn from 6-10pm.  Bring your own chairs and games to play if you like.  There will be a $2 suggested donation; this money will go towards the 3rd and 4th kegs if we need them.  Food will be available from the restaurant, but don't expect it fast, they are limiting us to 5 orders at a time from the group menu.

Sunday-
We are back to 11 teams currently.  Minimum 2 games.  This means seeds 1-5 will have a first rd buy and the championship will be in round 4!  Top 9 from Saturday will be eligible for championship.

<image1.JPG>

I think that's everything!

Good luck!  Ultimate!!

-Sully 🇺🇸

On May 13, 2017, at 9:32 AM, Joe Sullivan <jcs...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Update:  12th team just signed up.  Sunday will likely be now be 5 rounds (championship in 5th round beginning at 3pm).  Others will finish earlier but 2 game minimum will still be in play for Sunday.

-Sully

On May 12, 2017, at 9:47 AM, Joe Sullivan <jcs...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Captains!

    We are getting very excited for this weekend.  Pools and schedule added!  Both are penciled in and may be subject to change still.  Top 9 make champ bracket.  Guaranteed 2 games Sunday for all and 3 games for 1-9 finishers.  1-9 will place out.  Feel free to contact me w any questions or comments.  (Update: We had a team drop so we have 11 teams now)

-Sully

<image1.JPG>

On May 9, 2017, at 2:16 PM, Joe Sullivan <jcs...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello again Captains,

Looks like captains meeting will be at 8:30 and first pull will be at 9am

Fields:
Fichtner Mainwaring Park
334 Holmes Ave, Medford, OR 97501

Dinner:
We will be serving dinner at the fields after the games on Saturday.  PLEASE bring your own plates and utensils. 🙏

Party:
The party will be from 6-10pm at
Frau Kemmling Schoolhaus Brewhaus,
525 Bigham Knoll Dr, Jacksonville, OR 97530.
(There will likely be a $2 or $3 entry fee or suggested donation so that we can get more than 2-3 kegs. We are spending pretty much all of the money and just breaking even as an organization...but it's cool, that's the way we want it!)

Schedule to be made up next.

Looking forward to seeing you all and having a great couple days of ultimate!

-Sully

On May 5, 2017, at 4:00 PM, Joe Sullivan <jcs...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello Captains!

Welcome to Cramp Up!  We are very excited you all can make it this year.  I just wanted to touch base and say thank you for signing up and let you know details relating to the theme.

THE THEME this year is "what's your team"

We were thinking each team could be some kind of other "team". Literally or loosely applied...see below examples for a better idea of what I mean.  Perhaps after each game you could play a game with or for the other team based on your "team"

I think our team is going to go with a play on "B Team"  by being  "Bee Team". (ideas: our central area would be a hive, we'd wear yellow costumes, we'd make up some cheers about stinging people)

Other Examples-
  • Swat team
  • Olympic team
  • Golf team
  • Swim team
  • Badminton Team (ideas: polo shirts and racquets, badminton on the sideline, etc.)
  • Candy Land Team (dress up as candy, have a pinata that's destroyed by throwing frisbees at it, a ladder and a sl
  • Survivor Team
  • Transition Team
  • Dream Team (pajamas, hammocks and cots on sideline, a nightmare cap worn by any player being a bad time)
  • C Team / Sea Team (costumes of underwater creatures, seaweed snacks, Dick Dale playlist, etc)
  • Quiz bowl team
  • Disaster relief team
  • Boy/Girl Scout team
  • Corporate team
  • X-men team...
  • Pretty much everything and anything!
Details on dinner and party to follow shortly.  Feel free to contact me w/any questions.  We are looking forward to it!

-Sully 🇺🇸