Sunday pickup

SOUPA

Jan 3, 2020, 1:24:16 PM1/3/20
to SOUPA SOUPA, soupagro...@googlegroups.com
Sunday pickup at Fichtner at 2:00pm. Rely to the Facebook post.

~ SOUPA

Erick Barney

Jan 3, 2020, 1:30:04 PM1/3/20
to soupagro...@googlegroups.com, SOUPA SOUPA

Paul Belson

Jan 3, 2020, 4:51:33 PM1/3/20
to soupagro...@googlegroups.com, SOUPA SOUPA
I am 50/50 for Sunday pickup.

And no, i am not going to reply on Flakeblook. Email works fine.

Joel Caswell

Jan 3, 2020, 4:56:03 PM1/3/20
to soupagro...@googlegroups.com, SOUPA SOUPA
Hey Paul,

   We are moving away from the email platform for announcements, any suggestions that you might have to make sure that we don’t miss the folks that don’t enjoy the use of Facebook (of which I am one) would be appreciated.

- Joel

Adam Danforth

Jan 3, 2020, 5:08:55 PM1/3/20
to soupagro...@googlegroups.com, SOUPA SOUPA
I prefer the email platform. I try to avoid time on Facebook by and large.

I won't be there Sunday. Enjoy, folks!

Joel Caswell

Jan 3, 2020, 5:11:04 PM1/3/20
to soupagro...@googlegroups.com, SOUPA SOUPA
There are a few folks that do.  By and large, the long reply strings are sort of off-putting for some.  We may continue to use email to alert those folks that prefer it.

Have you signed up for winter league?

Zachariah Zegzdryn

Jan 3, 2020, 5:38:02 PM1/3/20
to soupagro...@googlegroups.com, SOUPA SOUPA
I, too, prefer email over Facebook as I’m rarely on it. But I definitely understand wanting to move away from the heinously long chains that can sometimes get produced. Especially considering how they show up on the SOUPA page which is very weird. Facebook also provides good visibility to people thinking about joining in for the first time.

Could we possibly transition to google hangouts, groupme, WhatsApp or something of that nature? Might be an easy way to maintain some banter and allow a bunch of responses to gauge numbers on a particular day. Thanks for looking to improve the process Joel.

Zach

Joel Caswell

Jan 3, 2020, 5:45:57 PM1/3/20
to soupagro...@googlegroups.com, SOUPA SOUPA
We are definitely looking at all options

Paul Belson

Jan 3, 2020, 6:43:12 PM1/3/20
to soupagro...@googlegroups.com, SOUPA SOUPA
Announcements are one thing, but email is proficient at discussions and follow up. There are rarely overly long strings anyway.  It works.

Joel Caswell

Jan 3, 2020, 6:51:24 PM1/3/20
to soupagro...@googlegroups.com, SOUPA SOUPA
Its just tough to strike the right balance.  Statistically, it appears that we are getting about 30% better engagement and visibility on social media than solely email - so hopefully we can just use both.

SOUPA

Jan 4, 2020, 3:08:31 PM1/4/20
to SOUPA SOUPA, SOUPA SOUPA
Sunday Pickup, 2pm at Fichtner Mainwaring Park.

~ SOUPA

Luke Vranna

Jan 5, 2020, 3:47:27 PM1/5/20
to soupagro...@googlegroups.com, SOUPA SOUPA