New 32 bit Device, Maple Mini STM32 Based Arduino Compatible by 4€

Juan Pinto

Jun 15, 2015, 1:57:45 PM6/15/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!, am agree to bring us a new device to use on our Souliss Network, Its a 32bit Cortex MCU with many good things, 34 IO pins 12 PWM and more... It cost 4€ on Aliexpress :P

MapleMini:

Here are the steps to use and compile STM32 on Arduino IDE 1.6.4 :

1. Download the Arduino IDE 1.6.4 (just the zip file = ~143MB)
2. Extract it on your Hard drive (ex c:\arduino)
3. Download the STM32Duino.
4. Extract the master.zip file.
5. You will see a folder named Arduino_STM32-master. Rename it to Arduino_STM32
6. Copy that folder in to c:\arduino\hardware folder.
7. Run the arduino.exe from your c:\arduino folder (c:\arduino\arduino.exe)
8. Go to Tools -> Board -> Boards Manager and click on Arduino SAM Boards (32-bits ARM Cortex-M3)
9. Cick on Install.
10. Wait some time until the package is downloaded and installed.
11. Restart your arduino IDE.

It includes an ethernet ENC28J60 based library that works well, I asked to Dario and he need some time to integrate it on Souliss, be patient :)

For now we can conect to other node via USART, Im working to integrate the MCU on Souliss but for now some modifications are needed to make Souliss working:

I added this at the start of the sketch:

#define USARTDRIVER_INSKETCH
  #define USARTDRIVER   Serial1          //Serial1 is Rx1 and Tx1 on Pins 25 and 26 of Maple Mini

And commented out the lines from vNetDriver_usart.cpp:

# //include "SoftwareSerial.h"
//extern SoftwareSerial myUSARTDRIVER; // RX, TX
# //define USART_LOG myUSARTDRIVER.print

I founded a problem with DigIn function, isn't work, I tried with a digitalRead and works well, problem is this line on Souliss.h:

# define MAXINPIN 32//29 // Max number of input pins
Needs to be changed to 32 to use the PIN 32 (default button) on Maple Mini.

You can use any USART example to make it working :)

Regards

Di Maio, Dario

Jun 15, 2015, 6:12:23 PM6/15/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Good work :)

From Mobile.

Fulvio Spelta

Jun 16, 2015, 7:18:06 AM6/16/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Great, our nodes will always ask for power:-)

guyc

May 16, 2017, 6:56:39 AM5/16/17
to souliss
Juan,
Is this integration still ongoing ? I Mean can the stm32 be used as gateway or only as Peernode

Juan Pinto

May 16, 2017, 1:36:42 PM5/16/17
to sou...@googlegroups.com
I don't know, now am using an ESP as GW