Send not working

Jose Antonio Esquivel

Sep 19, 2016, 4:01:58 PM9/19/16
to souliss
Hi, trying to send a message to two different nodes but it is not working, only the first node receives it, any idea of what am I doing wrong? Should I delay between sends?
This is the code:

cmd = Souliss_T1n_OnCmd;
Send(RELAYS_1_ADDR, RELAY_1_SLOT, cmd);
Send(PANEL_1_ADDR, LED_1_SLOT, cmd);

Thanks.

Juan Luis

Sep 21, 2016, 5:14:07 AM9/21/16
to souliss
Are they connected by Usart?

Jose Antonio Esquivel

Sep 21, 2016, 10:28:59 AM9/21/16
to souliss
Yes, I'm using RS485, I've tried the delay between the 2 sends and it worked, but of course it makes it necessarily slower.

On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 3:14:07 AM UTC-6, Juan Luis wrote:
Are they connected by Usart?

Juan Luis

Sep 23, 2016, 11:08:25 AM9/23/16
to souliss
In my opinion vNet USART driver is one of the weakest part of Souliss. It works fine when data traffic is low.
The driver uses hardwardSerial library from arduino standard which has it's own limits.

Some time ago I worked on make a new Vnet driver Which did not use the standard harwareSerial Library. It handled Directly USART interrupts. I finally made some progress but I didn't finished it.

Maybe in the future it would be a good idea open a thread for improve this matter...

Regards
Juan