SoulissApp V2 - early preview - translation call

Alessandro Del Pex

Feb 1, 2017, 1:34:33 PM2/1/17
to souliss
Version 2 of the app has come to a somehow "stable" point. I'm sharing it with the community to let some tests begin, for the strong hearted.

please note that:

-this version somehow break things, you'll need a clean DB build. Feel free to backup your data first, in order to go back if needed
-some strings are missing in spanish, german and other. Please contribute at: https://github.com/souliss/soulissapp/tree/master/soulissLib/src/main/res
-background service may hang and screw your phone battery (thanks to @gab requests ;)
-Dario doesn't like SoulissAppV2. He continues posting horseheads and state-request removal
-Venice is nice but I wouldn't live there

known bugs:
 -Db preference screen refresh broken (drawover)
 -Sub-tag sorting broken (bug or feature? You decide)
 -Tags grid re-enter transition freaking
 -1x1 Widgets broken

Are you willing to help?

-Report serious issues/hangs posting relevant logfile parts
-Code-review Translation files, plurals and definitions (link above)
-post screenshot of yours configured (name, image, icon, your language) tag/nodes/typicals, to be posted on play store
-help me designing better typical-detail panels. Some are just fine (T16, T32) some are simply ugly. The design should be an Android layout XML file. I can help and explain how to clone and configure android studio project, but I guess that if you can produce a layout file you already know how to do it.

thank you all and be safe,
Alessandro

Alessandro Del Pex

Feb 1, 2017, 1:47:19 PM2/1/17
to souliss
2.0.2
New Dynamic Dashboard screen
Nested Tags
New Icon set
tag contents sorting
new Lists layout
add-to dashboard options
removable suggestions
some pretty old issue fixed (see github)
updated tagView lib
abandoned floatingbutton lib

compiled targeting Android 7 Nougat API25

Di Maio, Dario

Feb 1, 2017, 4:59:26 PM2/1/17
to sou...@googlegroups.com

:)

From Mobile.

guyc

Feb 2, 2017, 1:15:40 PM2/2/17
to souliss

I will do some test with it, but how can I install it on my smartphone form dropbox ?

Op woensdag 1 februari 2017 22:59:26 UTC+1 schreef Dario Di Maio:

:)

From Mobile.

Gabriele Ribichini

Feb 5, 2017, 8:28:17 AM2/5/17
to souliss
Great job pex,
I've left some nice messages on GitHub issue for you..

Please keep going..
I see this as a rush between you and Tonino with OH2 binding.
The first getting to a stable rev will gain my apartment.

3, 2, 1, Goooooo !

Lorenzo Giordano

Feb 6, 2017, 12:07:49 PM2/6/17
to souliss
Nice job. From remote It seems it works smoother than the previous one.
I personally prefer the old icons, Someone else the new one.
Why don't you let people personalize their icons?
Concerning desktop I was only able to remove items but not reposition them.
I would prefer to get a warning message to confirm remove since just sliding I easiely removed some by mistake

guy caluwaerts

Feb 6, 2017, 12:33:09 PM2/6/17
to sou...@googlegroups.com
I also made a quick test and got the same impression as Lorenzo.
With the import of the database from V1, there was a problem. The app stops at that moment and I had to remove and reinstall the app.
You have to load the database from the arduino's again, but at that moment you are loosing all your setting (names, programs, scenes,..)
But very nice work already

Feb 10, 2017, 9:59:13 AM2/10/17
to souliss
Hello alessandro.

I wanted to report what I think is an error from the previous version. And is that it does not work when programming to turn on a light at a specific time.

And a suggestion ... to me at least I would like very much to turn on or turn off something with an account behind. For example: turn off an AA, dehumidifier or light in x time in a fast way.

Also tell you that this version seems faster than the previous one, Thanks!

Hola alessandro.

Yo queria reportar lo que me parece un error desde la version anterior.  y es que no funciona cuendo programar que se encienda una luz a una hora concreta.

Y una sugerencia... a mi por lo menos me gustaria mucho poder encender o apagar algo con una cuenta atras. Por ejemplo: apagar un AA, deshumidificador o una luz en x tiempo de una manera rapida.

Tambien decirte que esta version me parece mas rapida que la anterior, Gracias!

Juan Pinto

Feb 10, 2017, 6:29:07 PM2/10/17
to souliss
Very good job Alessandro!! I will do the required traslations to spanish soon as possibli :P

Thanks for this new version!

Juan.

Alessandro Del Pex

Feb 12, 2017, 9:38:45 AM2/12/17
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your feedbacks. I will soon publish the alpha version on the store. Remember to subscribe to soulissapp alpha program if you want to receive it.

Im sorry for the old icons if someone still liked those, but with font awesome we now have like 400 icons at one tenth of the space required...only a minor part of the old set could be vectorized, most of them were still unmanageable rasters.

Russian and italian should be fine already, but code reviews are always welcome :)

Alessandro

Alessandro Del Pex

Feb 16, 2017, 6:26:29 PM2/16/17
to souliss, sh...@angelic.it
SoulissApp 2.0.4 is available on beta channel. To receive it:

thank you,
Alessandro

Alessandro

Feb 16, 2017, 6:53:50 PM2/16/17
to sou...@googlegroups.com

guyc

Feb 17, 2017, 12:46:52 PM2/17/17
to souliss
Can the database from the previous version be imported ?

guyc

Feb 17, 2017, 12:46:53 PM2/17/17
to souliss

Alessandro

Feb 17, 2017, 1:48:33 PM2/17/17
to sou...@googlegroups.com
it should be upgraded automatically. You'll lose TAGS, but not nodes nor device (and their configuration).

An older DB can also be imported, theoretically, but that hasn't been tested and for sure it'd require to "reset dashboard items" (inside options)

please help me identyfying missing strings and/or bugs. Screenshots are also welcome!! (Esp. in other languages with proper configuration)

Thank you,
Alessandro

Can the database from the previous version be imported ?

ymis

Apr 14, 2017, 6:29:08 AM4/14/17
to souliss
I updated to beta version today, but it can't function. Most of time is ofline, When it establishes a connection, it can't find typicals, database is empty of typicals, and node health is always red. I switched back to 1.8.3. Phone's android is 4.4.2. I will try to load the beta version to another phone for testing

Alessandro

Apr 14, 2017, 8:07:53 AM4/14/17
to sou...@googlegroups.com
version 2.0.5 is public, not beta any longer. Are you sure you're using that and not previous 2.0.3 ?

thanks,
Alessandro

I updated to beta version today, but it can't function. Most of time is ofline, When it establishes a connection, it can't find typicals, database is empty of typicals, and node health is always red. I switched back to 1.8.3. Phone's android is 4.4.2. I will try to load the beta version to another phone for testing

ymis

Apr 14, 2017, 10:18:37 AM4/14/17
to souliss
I updated the app from google play and on the main label it says "beta". Also on additional information says version 1.8.3 which is wrong. -Take a look at the attached files.- Actually at this moment I don't know which version I downloaded from google play. I have to install it again in order to check app credits.

On Friday, 14 April 2017 15:07:53 UTC+3, Alessandro Del Pex wrote:
version 2.0.5 is public, not beta any longer. Are you sure you're using that and not previous 2.0.3 ?

thanks,
Alessandro
I updated to beta version today, but it can't function. Most of time is ofline, When it establishes a connection, it can't find typicals, database is empty of typicals, and node health is always red. I switched back to 1.8.3. Phone's android is 4.4.2. I will try to load the beta version to another phone for testing

Screenshot from 2017-04-14 17:05:00.png
Screenshot from 2017-04-14 17:11:34.png

Alessandro

Apr 14, 2017, 11:58:34 AM4/14/17
to sou...@googlegroups.com
so strange...I verified on G.play and implementation of 2.0.5 is almost complete. only 200 devices are missing...

Please try re-installing it

Thanks,
Alessandro

Message has been deleted

ymis

Apr 22, 2017, 4:09:37 PM4/22/17
to souliss

On Saturday, 22 April 2017 23:08:08 UTC+3, ymis wrote:
Today I installed again the app from google play and it is working fine. I thing somehow something went wrong and google play had on it's repo the 2.0.3 version. Today all it's ok. I 'm sory for the delay but I was very busy.

Tomás Morello

Jul 9, 2017, 1:46:28 PM7/9/17
to souliss
Im sure that i'm late but... Two things....
First, im trying to compile the version from Git and gives me
"Error:(265, 45) No resource found that matches the given name (at 'colorSeeds' with value '')."
The line is app:colorSeeds=""
Would you help me ???

Second, i could help to translate to spanish if you want. Or it's too late?

Juan Pinto

Jul 10, 2017, 12:07:56 PM7/10/17
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tomas :) the app its mostly traslated to spanish, but for sure you can help  =)

About the compilation error I can't help you :(

Maybe we can talk in spanish here =)
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/souliss-es

Thanks. Juan.

Alessandro

Jul 11, 2017, 5:01:26 AM7/11/17
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Tomas, thank you for trying to compile soulissApp. That error is mostly related to a missing lib, I'll check this evening in order to help you.

Alessandro

Ender26

Jul 17, 2017, 9:33:27 AM7/17/17
to souliss
Hi Alessandro,

I'm testing your Souliss User App and have some questions.

1. Is it possible to save the programs like time based actions and sensor based actions to the gateway? Because I changed to data service interval to 1 min and my phone battery discharged in a very short time. I think the user app/phone is doing all the time and sensor controls continuously and discharge the phone battery quickly. Is there a way to save the programs to the gateway?

2. In my demo setup there are 3 nodes and only one T11 typical on node 0. During the programming from user app, if I select the time based ON comment to send to the only node 0 T11, it doesn't work but if I select the time based ON comment to send the all nodes, it works very good as on time. What can be the reason of that?

3. After sending the time based comment to the gateway, a notification is appearing on the top menu of the phone. And if I read that notification first than return back to user app and select any action on the user app, user app stopped to working and closing. Is it normal?

4. I also add the node 0 to the dashboard then I wanted to remove it from the dashboard. But when I try to reset the dashboard from dashboard settings menu, the node 0 can't delete from the dashboard. How can I remove the node 0 from the dashboard?

Thanks for your replies and kindly help.

Regards
Ender

Di Maio, Dario

Jul 17, 2017, 5:09:16 PM7/17/17
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Consider to use Automate or Tasker integration with SoulissApp if you need to build programs with more features than SoulissApp has by default.

Dario.

Ender26

Jul 18, 2017, 3:38:04 AM7/18/17
to souliss
Thanks for your reply Dario but my aim is managing all the tasks without need any phone application. I mean I want to program ( load and save the time or sensor based tasks )  the gateway from mobile application and gateway will manage the time or sensor based on and off of the nodes using the program on itself. I mean also when the mobile phone is out of home, the gateway can also manage all the tasks according to it's program which is loaded by mobile app in any time. Is it possible with using any hardware or software?

Regards
Ender

Alessandro

Jul 18, 2017, 5:09:26 AM7/18/17
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alessandro,

I'm testing your Souliss User App and have some questions.

1. Is it possible to save the programs like time based actions and sensor based actions to the gateway? Because I changed to data service interval to 1 min and my phone battery discharged in a very short time. I think the user app/phone is doing all the time and sensor controls continuously and discharge the phone battery quickly. Is there a way to save the programs to the gateway?

No, there isn't. Gateway has too low memory to manage triggers/timed activations. A 15 minute interval on phone app should be an acceptable compromise.

2. In my demo setup there are 3 nodes and only one T11 typical on node 0. During the programming from user app, if I select the time based ON comment to send to the only node 0 T11, it doesn't work but if I select the time based ON comment to send the all nodes, it works very good as on time. What can be the reason of that?

there could be a bug, but I don't think so. Timed programs have been thoroughly tested. The most probable answer is: command lost. Especially after long periods of inactivity, the very first command sent tends to get lost in UDP hole punches/routers. Try to add TWO equal commands to the program, leaving like 200ms between the first and the second, to confirm my theory

3. After sending the time based comment to the gateway, a notification is appearing on the top menu of the phone. And if I read that notification first than return back to user app and select any action on the user app, user app stopped to working and closing. Is it normal?

NO. this is clearly a bug. Please send the report and/or add a issue on Github, please.

4. I also add the node 0 to the dashboard then I wanted to remove it from the dashboard. But when I try to reset the dashboard from dashboard settings menu, the node 0 can't delete from the dashboard. How can I remove the node 0 from the dashboard?

swiping it away. "Restore default" option ONLY restore pre-defined (default) tiles

Thanks for your replies and kindly help.

Regards
Ender

Thank you for your feedback as well.
Alessandro

Ender26

Jul 18, 2017, 5:57:50 AM7/18/17
to souliss
Thanks for your replies Alessandro. For your 1st reply, you mentioned about low memory of gateway. In my setup, I'm using ESP8266 module as gateway and it has several MB of memories on board. And also if it needs more memory, an SPI or I2C memory can be added to the ESP module easily. Increasing the memory can solve this problem? Can we save the programs directly to the gateway using the Souliss App?

For your 2nd and 4th replies, I will try your suggestions. And also I will report 3rd problem on Github.

Thanks again for your help and I hope we can solve 1st problem with anyway.

Regards
Ender

Ender Ergunler

Jul 22, 2017, 8:17:42 AM7/22/17
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alessandro,

For your 2nd reply, as you said, I have tested with the two equal commands with 10sec interval for only node0 and it worked. But you have said in your message put 200ms delay between equal commands but I cannot find how can I put 200msec between two equal commands in the programs. I can select only the minutes of the time base. Is there any option about the delay between two commands?

And a little idea to avoid to put two equal commands for only one action in the programs, before send the real time based commands, can you send a dummy command to the gateway to woken up it and start to listen to the real command? I think a dummy command can be add easily to the user app.

Regards
Ender

Alessandro

Jul 22, 2017, 11:39:43 AM7/22/17
to sou...@googlegroups.com
I asked for a dummy command but "ping" was the reply. You are right, there is no delay option in programs, BUT it is on scenes. You could create a scene that executes all the commands you want, in order and delay. Then configure the program to trigger that scene.

Ale

Di Maio, Dario

Jul 22, 2017, 11:48:27 AM7/22/17
to sou...@googlegroups.com

If you have an esp8266 gateway you can have hardcoded programs, I handle NTP in my gateway to open at 14.00 the solar blinds. I use a T11 to enable/disable the automatic open.

If you want flexiblity you should use SoulissApp scene and Automate app.

Regards,
Dario.

Ender26

Jul 23, 2017, 8:50:17 AM7/23/17
to souliss
Thanks for your suggestion Dario. Yes, I can add an RTC to the esp8266 and I can hardcode all timebased events into gateway but if I want to change the time of the events, I have to program the gateway everytime. I think there is no way to load the tasks to the gateway using SoulissApp am I right?

For the Automate, I didn't use it before. Do I need to load any Souliss plugin for Automate? Or how can I define the Souliss ON/OFF commands into Automate? And I think you mean about the Automate is the Automateit App, am I right? Could you please give me some info about establishing an interface between SoulissApp and Automate?

Regards
Ender

On 18 Jul 2017 09:38, "Ender26" <ender...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for your reply Dario but my aim is managing all the tasks without need any phone application. I mean I want to program ( load and save the time or sensor based tasks )  the gateway from mobile application and gateway will manage the time or sensor based on and off of the nodes using the program on itself. I mean also when the mobile phone is out of home, the gateway can also manage all the tasks according to it's program which is loaded by mobile app in any time. Is it possible with using any hardware or software?

Regards
Ender

18 Temmuz 2017 Salı 00:09:16 UTC+3 tarihinde Dario Di Maio yazdı:
Consider to use Automate or Tasker integration with SoulissApp if you need to build programs with more features than SoulissApp has by default.

Dario.

Di Maio, Dario

Jul 23, 2017, 8:51:47 AM7/23/17
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Go on the website, there is a small tutorial. You just need to download Automate and SoulissApp on your phone.

Dario.

Ender26

Jul 23, 2017, 3:42:47 PM7/23/17
to souliss
I downloaded Automate than I adjusted the timer function to run the Souliss App and the SoulissApp run on the defined time but I can't find a way to send a special command to my gateway like ON or OFF Node 0 T11 typical. Can I send a special command to SoulissApp with timer function using Automate?

Regards
Ender

Di Maio, Dario

Jul 23, 2017, 4:29:10 PM7/23/17
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Have you read the tutorial on the website?

Ender26

Jul 24, 2017, 4:08:18 AM7/24/17
to souliss
Yes, I read the User Guide and watch the video on the automateitapp.com website but there are only basic infos about the usage of the program. And all the explained actions are related to the phone functions. There is no any info about send a command from another application. Is there another tutorial to show the detailed functions?

Regards
Ender

Ender26

Jul 25, 2017, 7:19:31 AM7/25/17
to souliss
Hi Dario,

Could you please give me some idea about how can I integrate the Automate and SoulissApp as you suggested? Or could you please give me the web link of the tutorial which explaining the Automate and SoulissApp integration?

Regards
Ender

Juan Pinto

Jul 25, 2017, 12:52:49 PM7/25/17
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Ender26

Jul 25, 2017, 4:05:30 PM7/25/17
to souliss
I was looking for the tutorial from wrong place. I read all tutorials several times on the automate website :)

Thanks for your help Juan.

Regards
Ender

25 Temmuz 2017 Salı 18:52:49 UTC+2 tarihinde Juan Pinto yazdı:

Hi Dario,

Could you please give me some idea about how can I integrate the Automate and SoulissApp as you suggested? Or could you please give me the web link of the tutorial which explaining the Automate and SoulissApp integration?

Regards
Ender

Message has been deleted

Alessandro

Aug 16, 2017, 12:07:28 PM8/16/17
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Version 2.0.8 released. bugfixes only

Alessandro

Hi Juan,

I tried to control my nodes with tasker/locale plugin but I'm getting an error like " Command recognized but device not found ". I changed my device name to light1 in SoulissApp and I wrote "turn on light1" command to the plugin command section. Do I need to write any other character between turn on command and the light1 node name? Or do I need to write any additional info like slot 0 etc to the command section of the plugin?

Regards
Ender

Ender26

Sep 8, 2017, 6:53:50 AM9/8/17
to souliss
Hi Alessandro,

I have tested Version 2.0.8 and I can't see any bug about unexpectedly closing of the program which older version has some of them. Thanks for your effort.

But I have still some problems about time based turn on or off the devices. The devices sometimes turning on sometimes not. I set the service time interval to 1min.  I'm not sure how can I solve this problem?

I have also another question to you. I have a temperature sensor on one of my nodes and I tried to turn on a device when the temperature over the 28C.To do that, I add a program to turn on a device, set  the sensor based activation and set the threshold value as 28.0 but when the temp value goes over the 28C the device didn't turn on. Could you please inform me about how can I do the program to turn on the device when over 28C?

Thanks again for your efforts.

Regards
Ender