Question to Hello and Peer ESP example

Marcel

Oct 30, 2016, 7:40:19 AM10/30/16
to souliss
Hi all,

my name is Marcel, I'm from germany, and I'm trying to do my first steps with Souliss.

I've got a question regarding the examples for generic ESP modules.

My setup:
I've got two ESP-12 Modules. One is running the "01_Hello_ESP8266" Sketch and the other "01_Peer_ESP8266".

The local IP-Address in the network settings of the SoulissApp is pointing to the ESP Module with the "01_Hello_ESP8266" sketch. The souliss DB is showing me, that it contains 2 nodes and 1 routine.

The problem is, that I'm only seeing one routine (simple On/Off with timer) on node 0, slot 0.
Node 1 is empty, it doesn't contain any routines.

When I'm testing it with the "Test-UDP"-menü (node 1, slot 0, command 1), the LED of the peer is beeing switched on :)

How can I create a routine for the peer, to control the LED on the second module?

I'm sorry for this newbie question, but I've been trying for 2 days to get it working.

Thanks for your help
Marcel

Di Maio, Dario

Oct 30, 2016, 7:48:35 AM10/30/16
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marcel,

generally you should not do anything more, because those two sketches has a simple ON/OFF light inside.

Some more info to help you in the debugging, in the e01_Hello_ESP8266.ino sketch there is a SetAsPeerNode(0xAB02, 1); So you have a static declare of the Peer node (it can also be done at runtime).
In your case, even without connection between your nodes, you will always see two nodes in SoulissApp.

So, your problem is likely a miss communication between the two nodes (nodes communicate independently between them self, but communication with SoulissApp goes always through a Gateway node).

I suggest you to check that both nodes got a proper connection to your WiFi router.

Regards,
Dario.

Marcel

Oct 30, 2016, 10:10:17 AM10/30/16
to souliss
Hey Dario, thanks for your help.

I changed NOTHING and now it is working :)
It seems that the second module was too far away from the wifi router.

Now I will try to do the same thing with a Arduino Uno Ethernet module.

best regards
Marcel
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to souliss+u...@googlegroups.com.