How to obtain custom data in Android (or Openhab) app.

Артем ТИхонович

Dec 5, 2017, 7:06:29 AM12/5/17
to souliss
Hi!
I just need to get some data ( one byte for example ) from my nodes in application for debug purpose.
In my case this is a hour and minutes. I cant find special typicals for time. What is the best way to do this?
Pblsh/Subscribe can resolve my problem or it for between nodes communication only?
Best regards
Artem

Alessandro

Dec 6, 2017, 5:58:00 PM12/6/17
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Privet Artem!!

Easiest way to get and send data still is probably SoulissApp test screen (UDP test).
I don't understand your case, what you mean hour and minutes? Souliss framework isn't 'time aware' but recent thermostat implementations recently added that. On the app, all times are 'mobile phone local'

Do you use soulissApp? Is the russian translation working well? My wife can shut lights off talking in russian :)
 Thanks!

Alessandro

Артем ТИхонович

Dec 8, 2017, 2:44:09 AM12/8/17
to souliss
I obtain time from ntp server in arduino and want to see it in app to check does my node receive it correctly from ntp server.
Yes, i use soulissapp only for debug. I am in first steps in building smart home. In future i plan to use openhab + Amazon Echo binding for control devices.
I have not test voice control function yet.
I use time aware for controlling vent fan speed in day and night modes.

четверг, 7 декабря 2017 г., 1:58:00 UTC+3 пользователь Alessandro Del Pex написал:
[...]

Di Maio, Dario

Dec 8, 2017, 8:01:06 AM12/8/17
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Actually you can post log messages on Telegram or similar (if you are using ESP8266). Strings are not supported in SApp.

Dario.

Артем ТИхонович

Dec 8, 2017, 12:38:18 PM12/8/17
to souliss
No, i use arduino +  w5100 shield.. Does simple byte support in souliss?
how i can visualise byte value in android app? I found half precision value for temp and humi? but can"t find simple byte. Or may be have some variants to visualise auxilary value in some typicals?