No lan connection

Chod Ddles

Apr 27, 2015, 4:21:36 PM4/27/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Connect to local network, not reliable.

Is there a tested sequence that works ?

Thanks

Flavio P.

Apr 27, 2015, 4:24:11 PM4/27/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

But, what are you talking about?
What's your system?

Flavio.

Connect to local network, not reliable.

Is there a tested sequence that works ?

Thanks

Chod Ddles

Apr 27, 2015, 4:36:28 PM4/27/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

either the default configuration is broken or i am missing something.

using ssDINo_ex1_LightsPeer with a PRODINo board.

I have had it working once, not recently.

I have

 / Define the network configuration
uint8_t ip_address[4]  = {10, 0, 0, 0};
uint8_t subnet_mask[4] = {255, 255, 255, 0};
uint8_t ip_gateway[4]  = {10, 0, 0, 9};

#define Gateway_vNetAddress 17 // The vNet address for an Ethernet

 so the default ip would be 10.0.0.17 ? gateway 10.0.0.9, netmask 255.255.255.0

on the phone app connected to my lan

 The Souliss app on Android for some reason Defaults to Wrong settings on Broadcast settings are reversed eg gw 9.0.0.10 and netmask 0.255.255.255

Di Maio, Dario

Apr 27, 2015, 4:38:01 PM4/27/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Consider that you should use static addressing if you are using A6.1.4 or lower, paste your sketches if you still have problems.

There are a lot of people with DINo and are very stable.

Dario.

Chod Ddles

Apr 27, 2015, 4:42:50 PM4/27/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

On Monday, 27 April 2015 21:38:01 UTC+1, Dario Di Maio wrote:
Consider that you should use static addressing if you are using A6.1.4 or lower, paste your sketches if you still have problems.

There are a lot of people with DINo and are very stable.

Dario.

 example settings would help, i am using the stock supplied sketches

Jeff

Apr 27, 2015, 4:53:04 PM4/27/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
On 27/04/15 21:42, Chod Ddles wrote:

Where in the souliss library can i easily find its current version number?

The stock DINo sketches work fine,but not with souliss(dino example)
sketches only 1/2 times had a connection

Are there any 3rd party examples for this

Thanks
> it, send an email to souliss+u...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
> <javascript:>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/souliss/fd49cfad-91d0-49d7-af26-7a74473f3e1c%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/souliss/a65ed27d-bd39-43ac-88e5-c3db1aa7f1c2%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/souliss/a65ed27d-bd39-43ac-88e5-c3db1aa7f1c2%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Di Maio, Dario

Apr 28, 2015, 4:09:27 AM4/28/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Jeff

Apr 28, 2015, 3:25:12 PM4/28/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
errors, i guess it should be RELAYS not OUT ?

says IN1 - IN4 not declared in this scope

also OUT 1 - OUT4 not declared in this scope

bfn
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/souliss/fd49cfad-91d0-49d7-af26-7a74473f3e1c%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/souliss/a65ed27d-bd39-43ac-88e5-c3db1aa7f1c2%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/souliss/a65ed27d-bd39-43ac-88e5-c3db1aa7f1c2%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/souliss/CAKGhMPJUtokMU4ySduOhfkd8agsq%2BtaV9ZzBib-KvAtE15WAZg%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/souliss/CAKGhMPJUtokMU4ySduOhfkd8agsq%2BtaV9ZzBib-KvAtE15WAZg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Di Maio, Dario

Apr 29, 2015, 3:02:26 AM4/29/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Have you set your board type in QuickConfiguration?

Dario.

Chod Ddles

Apr 29, 2015, 4:03:12 PM4/29/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

re :

Yes

# define QC_BOARDTYPE 0x22

in  QuickCfg.h

#if(QC_ENABLE)
uint8_t DEFAULT_BASEIPADDRESS[] = {10, 0, 0, 0};
uint8_t DEFAULT_SUBMASK[] = {255, 255, 255, 0};
uint8_t DEFAULT_GATEWAY[] = {10, 0, 0, 9};
#endif

now i get

Arduino: 1.6.3 (Linux), Board: "Arduino Leonardo"

Build options changed, rebuilding all
ssDINo_ex03_Followme_n2280415.cpp.o: In function `setup':
/opt/arduino-1.6.3/ssDINo_ex03_Followme_n2280415.ino:83: undefined reference to `Souliss_SetLocalAddress(unsigned char*, unsigned int)'
Error compiling.

  This report would have more information with
  "Show verbose output during compilation"
  enabled in File > Preferences.

bfn

Di Maio, Dario

Apr 29, 2015, 4:10:05 PM4/29/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

You forgot to set the gateway option.

Dario.

From Mobile.

Chod Ddles

Apr 29, 2015, 4:14:19 PM4/29/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

is

uint8_t DEFAULT_GATEWAY[] = {10, 0, 0, 9};

not the gateway setting in  QuickCfg.h

thanks for your help

Di Maio, Dario

Apr 29, 2015, 4:16:29 PM4/29/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

The gateway setting in QuickCfg is missing.

Dario.

From Mobile.

Chod Ddles

Apr 29, 2015, 4:27:47 PM4/29/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
re

ssDINo_ex03_Followme_n2280415  now compiles

cannot connect, cannot ping from app or desktop on lan.

does not appear on may lan using nmap

can i easily get it to report its status & ip to the serial console ?

thanks

Di Maio, Dario

Apr 29, 2015, 4:35:22 PM4/29/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Yes, enable in vNetCfg.h the debug option, then in the setup use Serial.begin(9600); while(!Serial);

Dario.

From Mobile.

Chod Ddles

Apr 29, 2015, 4:56:48 PM4/29/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
thanks i will see if i can figure some of this out.

has any one done a debug script or suchlike for full debug of things, ip trafice, raw dump of tcp traffic?

are there more users with dino boards where we can put our findings, examples etc ?

thanks

Di Maio, Dario

Apr 29, 2015, 5:05:02 PM4/29/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Paste here your sketch, including the IP address that you are trying to ping.

Dario.

From Mobile.

Chod Ddles

Apr 29, 2015, 5:09:58 PM4/29/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

re

I am trying to get *any* script working reliably on this dino board on a fixed ip to learn and experiment ( it has 1 wire and rs423 i believe)

I think with my quick config settings its on my lan of 10.0.0.0/24 , 255.255.255.0, gw 10.0.0.9 its ip would be 17 ? from the souliss base config ?

thanks much for your assistance

#include "Souliss.h"
#include "Typicals.h"

#define network_address_1 0x0011
#define network_address_2 0x0012
#define network_my_subnet 0xFF00
#define network_my_supern 0x0000

#define RELAY1 0 // This is the memory slot used for the execution of the logic
#define RELAY2 1 // This is the memory slot used for the execution of the logic
#define RELAY3 2 // This is the memory slot used for the execution of the logic
#define RELAY4 3 // This is the memory slot used for the execution of the logic
#define RELAYNO 4
#define ONTIME 15 // Light is on for ONTIME number of cycles

#define ONTIME 15 // Light is on for ONTIME number of cycles

// define the shared memory map
U8 memory_map[MaCaco_MEMMAP];

// flag
U8 data_changed = 0;

#define time_base_fast 10 // Time cycle in milliseconds
#define time_base_slow 10000 // Time cycle in milliseconds
#define num_phases 255 // Number of phases

U8 phase_speedy=0, phase_fast=0, phase_slow=0;
unsigned long tmr_fast=0, tmr_slow=0;

void setup()
{
// Setup the network configuration
//
// The vNet address is 12(hex) that is 18(dec), so the IP address is
// the DEFAULT_BASEIPADDRESS[] defined in ethUsrCfg.h plus 18 on last
//  octect. If DEFAULT_BASEIPADDRESS[] = {192, 168, 1, 0} the IP address
//  for the board will be 192.168.1.18
Souliss_SetAddress(network_address_2, network_my_subnet, network_my_supern);

// Load the address also in the memory_map
Souliss_SetLocalAddress(memory_map, network_address_2);
// Set the typical to use
Souliss_SetT11(memory_map, RELAY1);
Souliss_SetT11(memory_map, RELAY2);
Souliss_SetT11(memory_map, RELAY3);
Souliss_SetT11(memory_map, RELAY4);
// Define inputs, outputs pins
pinMode(IN1, INPUT);
pinMode(IN2, INPUT);
pinMode(IN3, INPUT);
pinMode(IN4, INPUT);
pinMode(OUT1, OUTPUT);
pinMode(OUT2, OUTPUT);
pinMode(OUT3, OUTPUT);
pinMode(OUT4, OUTPUT);

}

void loop()
if(abs(millis()-tmr_fast) > time_base_fast)
{
tmr_fast = millis();
phase_fast = (phase_fast + 1) % num_phases;

// Execute the code every 5 time_base_fast
if (!(phase_fast % 5))
{
// Retreive data from the communication channel
Souliss_CommunicationData(memory_map, &data_changed);
}
// Execute the code every 21 time_base_fast
if (!(phase_fast % 21))
{
U8 hw=0;
// Define the input command
if(Souliss_DigInHold(IN1, Souliss_T1n_ToogleCmd, ONTIME, memory_map, RELAY1))
hw++;
if(Souliss_DigInHold(IN2, Souliss_T1n_ToogleCmd, ONTIME, memory_map, RELAY2))
hw++;
if(Souliss_DigInHold(IN3, Souliss_T1n_ToogleCmd, ONTIME, memory_map, RELAY3))
hw++;
if(Souliss_DigInHold(IN4, Souliss_T1n_ToogleCmd, ONTIME, memory_map, RELAY4))
hw++;
// Execute the logic
Souliss_Logic_T11(memory_map, RELAY1, &data_changed);
Souliss_Logic_T11(memory_map, RELAY2, &data_changed);
Souliss_Logic_T11(memory_map, RELAY3, &data_changed);
Souliss_Logic_T11(memory_map, RELAY4, &data_changed);
// Define output relays
Souliss_DigOut(OUT1, Souliss_T1n_Coil, memory_map, RELAY1);
Souliss_DigOut(OUT2, Souliss_T1n_Coil, memory_map, RELAY2);
Souliss_DigOut(OUT3, Souliss_T1n_Coil, memory_map, RELAY3);
Souliss_DigOut(OUT4, Souliss_T1n_Coil, memory_map, RELAY4);
// If an hardwired command was received
if(hw)
{
U8 cmd[RELAYNO];
// Define the command to align the status of the twin node
for(U8 i=RELAY1;i<RELAYNO;i++)
if(Souliss_Output(memory_map, i))
cmd[i]=Souliss_T1n_OnCmd;
else
cmd[i]=Souliss_T1n_OffCmd;
// Sync the remote node with the actual status of this node
Souliss_RemoteInputs(network_address_1, RELAY1, cmd, RELAYNO);
// Reset
hw=0;
}
}
else if(abs(millis()-tmr_slow) > time_base_slow)
{
tmr_slow = millis();
phase_slow = (phase_slow + 1) % num_phases;

// Execute the code every time_base_slow
if (!(phase_slow % 1))
{
// The timer value is set by second state of DigIn2State
Souliss_T11_Timer(memory_map, RELAY1);
Souliss_T11_Timer(memory_map, RELAY2);
Souliss_T11_Timer(memory_map, RELAY3);
Souliss_T11_Timer(memory_map, RELAY4);