LYT 8266 WIFI bricked?

Alex Lupascu

Oct 28, 2016, 11:27:35 AM10/28/16
to souliss
Hello, I'm new on the forum and on arduinos. I got my first connected bulb and while i was trying to make it accept commands. When i first plugged it, AP was ok, but sending UDP packets didn't do anything. I got it registered on my network, and still no luck with UDP.
I then compiled and loaded the Wifi erase on the web interface, being careful with the settings to activate OTA.
Result, web interface is disabled, i can still ping the bulb but this time i noticed that packets got LOST, about 1 in 4.

After this, even though everything compiles ok, and the upload port of my IDE shows "souliss on 192.168.1.13" i can't load any program.
Anybody knows what might have gone wrong? I don't have the programming module so is OTA bricked?

Error messages:

error: Failed to open 192.168.1.13
error: espcomm_open failed
error: espcomm_upload_mem failed

Thanks

Alex Lupascu

Oct 28, 2016, 12:32:56 PM10/28/16
to souliss
This is the ping pattern i was talking about. The board is at 3m from the router.  Could this prevent loading a program OTA?

Di Maio, Dario

Oct 28, 2016, 12:43:32 PM10/28/16
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Which sketch is actually loaded on the bulb? After the erase, you should load via USART a Souliss sketch with OTA.

Please consider that the bulb will always connect to the last known WiFi, this is by default the core behavior and is not related to the sketch it self.

Dario.

Alex Lupascu