[openhab] Few hardcopy from my OH supervisor

Fulvio Spelta

Dec 11, 2014, 1:05:09 PM12/11/14
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, my souliss network is built by 18 nodes and 73 slots. Here few hardcopy in order to show the big potential of souliss+binding+oh.

Clima control with 2 zones setpoint and detailed temperature monitoring. The boiler (on/off state by zone) is driven by 2 items/slots whose state is determined by an OH rule.

Juan Pinto

Dec 11, 2014, 1:13:04 PM12/11/14
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Great Work! I'll share my sitemap soon too :)

Can you share your configuration files? =)

Regards
Message has been deleted

Fulvio Spelta

Dec 11, 2014, 1:28:53 PM12/11/14
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Dear Juan
I think that they aren't too much useful because thay are only a long list of items binded to souliss. I'm using T22, T11, T52 and a freshly created for my specific usage: the T1A that is a slot that collects in 1 byte 8 bit representing contacts (open/closed).

Antonino creates a specific decoding login in the binding so every bit can be directly mapped to an OH item.
I use 5 of this slot to read a maximun of 40 contacts and have their state in OH mapped to contact items.

Examples for every slot i'm using:

T22:
Rollershutter  R1B1_T22_T10  "Bagno Ragazzi" <rollershutter> (R1B1, gRollershutters, gBagnoRagazzi) {souliss="T22:0:0", autoupdate=false}

T52
Number R1B1_T52_T09 "Camera Matteo - Temp. [%.1f]"  <temperature> (R1B1, R1B1_T52_T09_Single, gTemperature, gCameraMatteo, gTempNotte) {souliss="T52:0:2"}

Timestamp of last update
DateTime R1B1_lUpd "R1B1 Last Update [%1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY %1$tk:%1$tM:%1$tS]" <keyring> (R1B1, gLastUpdate) {souliss="D99:0:999"}

Health value
Number R1B1_Health "R1B1 Health [%1d]" <keyring> (R1B1, gHealth) {souliss="D98:0:998"}

T11
Switch  R2B1_T11_S0  "R2B1 - Switch 1"  (R2B1, gLuci) {souliss="T11:1:0", autoupdate=false}

T1A (node in red the additional bit definition)
Contact C01 "C01" (gSensors) {souliss="T1A:4:0:0"}
Contact C02 "C02" (gSensors) {souliss="T1A:4:0:1"}

Juan Pinto

Dec 11, 2014, 2:49:11 PM12/11/14
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your help, you're right this files are just a long list of items, Im interested on the graphics and the average temperature.

I readed some days ago about T1A and now I understand how it works! really ty :P

Regards

Di Maio, Dario

Dec 11, 2014, 3:52:25 PM12/11/14
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Nice sharing Fulvio. How are you measuring the input and output water temperature?

How the system is behaving? Is it working in a reliable way?

Dario.

From Mobile.

Message has been deleted

Fulvio Spelta

Dec 11, 2014, 5:19:12 PM12/11/14
to sou...@googlegroups.com
I hope to find soon some time to write a basic wiki.
@Juan: I get the average values using oh group item, for example the average temperature for the day zone is (item file):

Group:Number:AVG()  gTempDiurno  "Temperatura media area giorno [(%.1f)]"
Number R1B3_T52_T04 "Cucina - Temp. [%.1f]"  <temperature> (R1B3, R1B3_T52_T04_Single, gTemperature, gCucina,gTempDiurno) {souliss="T52:6:2"}
Number R1B4_T52_T03 "Sala - Temp. [%.1f]" <temperature> (R1B4, R1B4_T52_T03_Single, gTemperature, gSala,gTempDiurno) {souliss="T52:7:2"}
Number R3B4_T52_T13 "Bagno Giulia - Temp. [%.1f]"  <temperature> (R3B4, R3B4_T52_T13_Single, gTemperature, gBagnoGiulia, gTempDiurno) {souliss="T52:13:4"}

The first item defines the group and specify that te value will be the average of tha member's values.
Every temperature item belonging to the zone is defined as part of the group (highlighted).

For charting you have to refer the items that have to be stored in the rrd4j persistence service and than use the chart directive in the sitemap file.

About this example:
rrd4j.persist
Strategies {
// for rrd charts, we need a cron strategy
everyMinute : "0 * * * * ?"
}
Items {
gTempDiurno : strategy = everyMinute

sitemap file
Chart item=gTempDiurno period=D refresh=120000

@Dario: yes i'm using souliss infrastructure and the biding for 3 month and it is stable. You know I'm using an intermediate versione and i will upgrade to your last commit in the next weekend.

All temperatures are measured using ds18b20 1-wire digital sensor connected to the 1-wire interface of the prodino.
In house i've installed the to22 case in standard "bticino living" socket:

while for water and external temperatures i'm using the waterproof version:

Di Maio, Dario

Dec 11, 2014, 5:26:14 PM12/11/14
to sou...@googlegroups.com

How is installed in the pipe?

Dario.

From Mobile.

Fulvio Spelta

Dec 11, 2014, 5:32:06 PM12/11/14
to sou...@googlegroups.com

How is installed in the pipe?

Simply is in strong contact, ensured by plastic strip, with the metal pipe under the insulation band. I've checked the temperature against the bulb termometer of the security systems and it's perfect.

Marcolino

Dec 12, 2014, 6:02:02 AM12/12/14
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Also on my sistem I have Input/output water temperature from furnace.
I measure it with 2 NTC insert between Iron Water Pipe and Isulation coverage.
Here is a photo:

Marcolino

Dec 12, 2014, 6:04:51 AM12/12/14
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fulvio,
do you measure temperature at switch box level? Do you compensate via software?
Usually temperature should be get at 1.50 meters from floor, Switch Box usually are at 1,05 or 1,15 meters from floor. I have 0,7 °C average of difference between this 2 levels.
Let me know.

Marco

Fulvio Spelta

Dec 12, 2014, 6:22:59 AM12/12/14
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Actually i get the temperature as-is. Compensation could be easly done directly by the node or in OH.

Di Maio, Dario

Dec 12, 2014, 6:40:53 AM12/12/14
to sou...@googlegroups.com

The difference between the in and out temperature is a good way to understand how much energy is used.

Dario.

From Mobile.

On 12 Dec 2014 12:23, "Fulvio Spelta" <fulvio...@gmail.com> wrote:
Actually i get the temperature as-is. Compensation could be easly done directly by the node or in OH.

Di Maio, Dario

Dec 12, 2014, 6:50:50 AM12/12/14
to sou...@googlegroups.com

This will give some details on how get the energy from the difference of temperature.

http://antoine.frostburg.edu/chem/senese/101/thermo/faq/energy-required-for-temperature-rise.shtml

You should know the volume of the heating systems in liters (amount of water) to get a proper estimation.

Dario.

From Mobile.

Fulvio Spelta

Dec 12, 2014, 7:11:05 AM12/12/14
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Di Maio, Dario

Dec 12, 2014, 7:19:47 AM12/12/14
to sou...@googlegroups.com

You don't really need to know the flow, but the amount of water in the heating system and the temperature drop.

The only value that mostly change is the temperature drop, so you can even get a percentage of the relative energy required.

As example, if your average difference is 5°C, you can set this as reference to understand if you are using more or less energy than usual.

Dario.

From Mobile.

Nicola Reina

Feb 4, 2015, 4:40:47 PM2/4/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Great work Fulvio
Sooner or later I will have a direct look at the works it is not a promise but a menace ;-)

Darren Siepka

Feb 4, 2015, 6:02:59 PM2/4/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi
Is there a maximum slot number that can be passed to oh via the binding? In recent XML command testing I found that the limit was approx 19 slots . I have added a branch with a revised set of code to allow  the full 85 slots the map can support for each node , I am using nearly 70 at the moment !
I have started my oh server work but have yet to do the full list of items , I was just wondering if the problem will reoccur with the binding too?
Thanks
Darren

On Wednesday, 4 February 2015 21:40:47 UTC, Nicola Reina wrote:
Great work Fulvio
Sooner or later I will have a direct look at the works it is not a promise but a menace ;-)

Darren Siepka

Feb 4, 2015, 6:13:45 PM2/4/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

For true energy measurement you need to know the flow rate  not just volume, my solar panel controller ( a non souliss device) has a flow Meyer installed in the line along with the return temperature probe after the heat exchangers to enable a energy generated/ transferred calculation.there is also a coefficient for the fluid type programmed too!
I would like this on my heating and water controllers in souliss too I have the appropriate sensors in place , I will add this functionality when the system works in basis first.
Darren

On Wednesday, 4 February 2015 23:02:59 UTC, Darren Siepka wrote:
Hi
Is there a maximum slot number that can be passed to oh via the binding? In recent XML command testing I found that the limit was approx 19 slots . I have added a branch with a revised set of code to allow  the full 85 slots the map can support for each node , I am using nearly 70 at the moment !
I have started my oh server work but have yet to do the full list of items , I was just ing if the problem will reoccur with the binding too?

Di Maio, Dario

Feb 5, 2015, 1:26:41 AM2/5/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Hi Darren,

the binding is based on SoulissApp and get code via UDP/IP using an event based protocol. It should work without problem.

You are using a huge amounts of slots, what is connected behind?

Dario.

From Mobile.

Chod Ddles

May 2, 2015, 4:52:33 PM5/2/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Your project looks very intresting, I also have DS18B20 on my heating flow out and return, in/out temp on a few spare slots on my wired lan ( spare wiring )

On your Dino Is it possible for me to see the code you load to realate how to get mine reliable/working with openhab

keep up the good work,

Jeff