T1A usage

Jason Devine

Jun 27, 2015, 5:23:02 AM6/27/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone
I am just trying to write some code for a node and wishing to use the full capability of a T1A. That is, I wish to individually turn on and off 8 relays from 1 slot. I am a little confused how to implement this though. I can see how to do the opehhab side of things but not the arduino code. I am hoping to both read an write over the T1A. Could someone point me to some examples showing how do this?
Thanks
Jason

Di Maio, Dario

Jun 27, 2015, 5:29:59 AM6/27/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jason,

the T1A is to collect multiple inputs into a single slot, but is not to control any output.

To control an output you have to use T11. Are you out of slots?

Dario.

From Mobile.

Jason Devine

Jun 27, 2015, 6:02:31 AM6/27/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dario
Well I just want to try and reduce the amount of data going through the network. How can i implement bit level inputs on T1A? Can i utilise bit level outputs on T11?
Thanks
Jason

Di Maio, Dario

Jun 27, 2015, 7:44:32 AM6/27/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jason,

the T1A is a output-input, whatever you put as input goes in the output. SoulissApp just show 8 indication, one for each bit, rather openHAB let you associate a state for each bit of the slot.
So, use mInput(slot)=0x..; and you will get the relevant binary displayed in SoulissApp.

You cannot use T11 at bit level. This because by design you need always a neutral command, and so you cannot map ON/OFF commands with just a single bit.

What's the reason for this? Are you just experimenting or ate having issues on the network?

Dario.

From Mobile.

Jason Devine

Jun 27, 2015, 7:57:36 AM6/27/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dario
I am in design stage. I am just about to send off for PCB manfacture for some boards for my house. I redesigned my network based on your suggestion ealier about using a more distributed network than a single node. I have now got 98 slots over 10 nodes, using bit level on T1A typicals for output and inputs where I can. If i switch to using slots for each I/o i will have 170 slots over 10 nodes.. I thought that would be too much maybe?? Should I just go to using a whole slot per input/output?

Jason Devine
0427601182

Di Maio, Dario

Jun 27, 2015, 7:59:39 AM6/27/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

By default each node handle 24 slot, so you have 240 slots and you can safely increase them up to 300.

Does this solve your issue?

Dario.

From Mobile.

Jason Devine

Jun 27, 2015, 8:09:07 AM6/27/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dario
Ok, I will take your advice and change to T11.
Thanks
Jason

Jason Devine
0427601182

Di Maio, Dario

Jun 27, 2015, 8:32:39 AM6/27/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Feel free to ask here for support while you have defined your network.

Dario.

From Mobile.