WeMos D1 mini ESP-8266EX dev board

Electroguard

Feb 2, 2016, 2:09:16 PM2/2/16
to souliss
This ESP-12 dev board may be of interest... £2.82 - from AliExpress   free delivery
Standard breadboard 0.1" pin spacing
Supplied with optional header pins and sockets.

Quote:
D1 mini - Mini NodeMcu 4M bytes Lua WIFI Internet of Things development board based ESP8266 by WeMos.
The D1 mini is a mini wifi board based on ESP-8266EX.   more (info): http://www.wemos.cc

    11 digital input/output pins, all pins have interrupt/pwm/I2C/one-wire supported(except D0)
    1 analog input(3.3V max input)
    a Micro USB connection
    Compatible withArduino     https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino
    Compatible with nodemcu     http://www.nodemcu.com

Marko S

Feb 2, 2016, 2:16:55 PM2/2/16
to souliss
I have  if those boards at home :) I'll probably load Souliss tommorrow on them. I think that they have voltage regulator and serial interface chip so I'll just plug usb cable to upload :D

Electroguard

Feb 2, 2016, 2:51:15 PM2/2/16
to souliss
Yes, it has 3.3v and 5v pins, so I expect it must have an onboard regulator.

Onboard regulator, microSD and reset button all offers a very convenient breadboard-friendly device for it's size and cost, so I've ordered a couple.

The only slight negative is that the additional 'bum' pins don't appear to be connected, but they look easily accessible for soldering to if needed.

Marko S

Feb 3, 2016, 4:59:40 AM2/3/16
to souliss
So I tried with the esp hello world example, and in one try it did get the node in Soulissapp (it displayed node 0 and node I, why 2?). But not it doesn't get it, I deleted the ip address and tried again, but it doesn't get the ip address.

Dario any chance we could meet on irc so that you could help me more direct?

Do you think its a problem with powering it with usb cable?

But wifiscan sketch worked?

Marko S

Feb 3, 2016, 5:09:17 AM2/3/16
to souliss
And only after I reuploaded the hello world code the SoulissApp again could auto-discover the node.

Marko S

Feb 3, 2016, 5:12:30 AM2/3/16
to souliss
One node seems On-Off like it should be in the example and another one is empty.

Marko S

Feb 3, 2016, 5:18:27 AM2/3/16
to souliss
If I unplug and replug the node Soulissapp can't find it anymore.

Marko S

Feb 3, 2016, 5:32:10 AM2/3/16
to souliss
I also tried with Fing and got same results as SoulissApp.

Di Maio, Dario

Feb 3, 2016, 6:23:46 AM2/3/16
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Apply a static ip addresses if this is your problem.

Dario.

From Mobile.

Marko S

Feb 3, 2016, 9:06:47 AM2/3/16
to souliss
Is that my problem? Can you diagnose from the stuff that i told.

Marko S

Feb 3, 2016, 9:12:45 AM2/3/16
to souliss
And where should i apply this static IP and what are the implications of that? And why do I need to do that? Why doesn't it work out of the box?

Marko S

Feb 3, 2016, 11:18:56 AM2/3/16
to souliss
Also another question besides the ones above. Do I need to short any pins on this D1 mini board for the software to execute, maybe because of that it only works after first upload ? And after replug not anymore.

Marko S

Feb 3, 2016, 11:23:32 AM2/3/16
to souliss
Yes that is it probably, since also for non-Souliss sketches it doesnt work after replug. it must be something with shorting something out or something :D

Marko S

Feb 3, 2016, 11:32:51 AM2/3/16
to souliss
I figured it out, I needed to press the RESET button after replugging and pluggin usb. I'll retry now with the Souliss sketch.

Marko S

Feb 3, 2016, 11:39:03 AM2/3/16
to souliss
Yup that was it I confirm its working. Electroguard after you get this you will have to press reset button if you unplug and replug usb. Tommorrow I will try to hook up sensors and get my first unit running.

So the ds-temp sensor needs the 4,7kohm resistor, and the hcsr501 doesn't has 3.3v logic levels on its signal pin so it doesnt need a level shifter right (it just needs to be powered itself with 5v - there is also a hack on the internet that it can be powered with 3,3v the pir sensor). I will start with those...then later that ultrasonic sensor for which i ported that sketch, that one is going to require a level shifter.

Di Maio, Dario

Feb 3, 2016, 4:58:54 PM2/3/16
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Don't have any magic ball :)

From Mobile.

Marko S

Feb 3, 2016, 5:38:14 PM2/3/16
to souliss
Yes hehe :), I'm happy that I found the issue :). So that now I can continue testing this awesome software. I'm gonna need your help later with code stuff :D