I need your help

Ender Ergunler

Apr 7, 2017, 5:25:56 AM4/7/17
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir,

I have add below message to souliss google group 3 days ago but I couldn't receive any reply yet from anyone. Could you please check it and inform me about the faults on my souliss codes?

Best Regards
Ender

I'm so new on Souliss System and first of all, I have tested the Souliss system with two ESP8266 and run it without any problem and I'm very impressed with them. Than I decided to add an RFM69 node to my system. In my system, I setup an ESP8266 node with UART interface as gateway. I connected an UART to RFM69 converter as bridge to the gateway and defined it as supernode. I used the moteino board configuration ( I realized it with using Arduino pro mini 3.3V + RFM69 ) for supernode. I have also a final node with Pro mini + RFM69.

When I run the Android APP, I can see 3 node but only 2 typicals on the APP. I can't see the final node's typical. I can control the lamp on the gateway and also on/off the lamp on the bridge node with Android APP without any problem. But I can't neither see the typical nor control the lamp on the final node.

To test the RF connection between bridge node and final node, I have connected a button to the final node and sent it's data to the bridge node to light a lamp. And I controlled the lamp on the bridge node with the button of the final node. I'm sure that there is an RF link between bridge and final node.

I have also attached the code of my gateway and nodes as attachment. You can check the addressing details easily.

Could you please give me some suggestions about how can see the typicals on the final node on the Android APP? Thanks for your help...
ESP_RFM_Gateway.ino
ESP_RFM_Bridge.ino
ESP_RFM_Node.ino

Di Maio, Dario

Apr 7, 2017, 12:49:13 PM4/7/17
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Hi Ender,

actually the English community is not that active, the Italian and Spanish ones are still used.

I'm no longer directly supporting the community.

My apologizes,
Dario.

From Mobile.

Fernando Mancebo

Apr 8, 2017, 1:08:47 PM4/8/17
to souliss
Hi Ender.
Did you check the comms between nodes without rf's?

You should try this only uart 2 uart and test the right souliss comms and nodes up in app. You have examples in wiki about it using rs485.

I can remember some issues about comms between nodes using rf24 or rs485 and u can find it in some of these souliss groups. Spa, Ita or Eng.
Some issues about packet size and propagation time I think.

Im using a workaround to solve this comms issues. Forgetting the souliss handshake between uart nodes and manage my own protocol. Its easy to send a slot value and status between nodes and put alive (app view) only in the bridge node.

You can install the souliss framework in the peer but only for a similar programming.

See also usart_fast.h

Cheers

Ender26

Apr 8, 2017, 3:04:55 PM4/8/17
to souliss
Hi Fernando,

Thanks for your reply and your suggestions. I will try uart to uart. But before that I have tried to send a button value to rf node and to gateway at the same time. When I push the button, the button value has sent both nodes but the bridge node has locked. I have to reset the bridge node after every push to the button. I wonder that the bridge node's crystal frequency what should be the min frequency value? Because my pro mini bridge node's frequency is 8 Mhz and I can't work the serial port at 115200 baud. I have to lower the baudrate to 19600 to communicate with the gateway. What is your opinion about the crystal frequency of the bridge node should be?

Thanks a lot again for your help.
Regards
Ender

Fernando Mancebo

Apr 8, 2017, 3:51:43 PM4/8/17
to souliss
The baud rate isnt an issue i think. The hardware is capable to working at 119200 and higher. Try to connect the pro to pc and check it.

Other solution is connecting the node and the peer via i2c. I have developed a solution with esp and pro and working fine. But ignore the success with rfxx.

In the real world, the comms speed dont need be fast, cause the data exchange between nodes is minimal.

Fernando Mancebo

Apr 8, 2017, 3:55:04 PM4/8/17
to souliss
iyi şanslar

Ender26

Apr 9, 2017, 3:16:52 AM4/9/17
to souliss
Grazie mille Fernando.

Yes you're right the hardware can communicate with higher baudrates. But I think bridging processes or data exchange between rf module and esp takes to much time of the pro mini and it's locking when doing bridging functions between rf and esp. What is your opinion about that?

What about also pro mini frequency? If I increase the pro mini crystal 8 mhz to 16 mhz, can I avoid to locking of pro mini?

Thanks a lot for your help.

8 Nisan 2017 Cumartesi 21:55:04 UTC+2 tarihinde Fernando Mancebo yazdı:
iyi şanslar

Ender26

Apr 9, 2017, 3:21:06 AM4/9/17
to souliss
Hi Dario,

As I reading from the forum, you're one of the creator of the Souliss. I'm so surprised when read it.

I hope you can continue to support us.

Regards

7 Nisan 2017 Cuma 18:49:13 UTC+2 tarihinde Dario Di Maio yazdı:

Hi Ender,

actually the English community is not that active, the Italian and Spanish ones are still used.

I'm no longer directly supporting the community.

My apologizes,
Dario.

From Mobile.

On 7 Apr 2017 11:25, "Ender Ergunler" <ender...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Fernando Mancebo

Apr 9, 2017, 9:38:28 AM4/9/17
to souliss
Hi Ender,
Read this link a get some answers to your problem.
http://tinkerman.cat/rfm69-wifi-gateway/

I.e. rf69 not use tcp.

You should analyze the Souliss code for nRf24 solution and apply for rf69.

Perhaps you can develop your own solution and share with community.

Cheers, from Spain. :-)

But no problem, we share the same sea.

Ender26

Apr 9, 2017, 10:44:10 AM4/9/17
to souliss
Hi Fernando,

Sorry for my mistake and muchas gracias por su ayuda !  We're also sharing the same sea :)

I already started to analyze souliss code to check the reason of freezing of the bridge node but I couldn't found a special code for supernode in the sources. Do you have any idea about where can I find the supernode's code in the sources? Is there any special file for supernode function?

I also checked the tinkerman's website before and if my nodes can work, I can start to develope a code for rfm69 and esp like tinkerman.

Regards
Ender

Fernando Mancebo

Apr 10, 2017, 11:13:12 AM4/10/17
to souliss
Tinkerman has the source code open in github. You can fork it and express develop.

Debugging in arduino code is harder than others micros but step by step you can analyze the lock.

I dont understand about " can not find the source code for supernode". All the code are into souliss code. In the libraries.

Ive order 2 rf69 modules to china cause want to connect my heating to openhab and all the system works with 868mhz.

Ill tell you my route.

From the far boundaries of our sea.

Akdeniz'in diğer ucundan.

I wish a good google translation. Jejejejeje

Ender26

Apr 10, 2017, 2:27:30 PM4/10/17
to souliss
Yes Tinkerman's website is a good starting point. Tinkerman has also given another address which is https://lowpowerlab.com/forum/projects/(update)-rfm69-library-for-esp8266-moteino-compatible!/   There is also good explanations on that website about RFM69 driver.

I mean about the supernode source code, I was waiting a special .cpp file only for supernode but there is no any file like that. I think all communication details are embedded to vnet drivers. I think I have to check all vnet sources to understand the bridging processes between uart and rfm69, am I right?

I found another thing today, the rfm driver didn't work reliably. Because the bridge is sending an rf code to the node everytime when I push a button but node sometimes can understand it.

But I have tested the rfm driver with txrxblinky examples and two nodes were communicated without any error before. But when I run the souliss with rfm69, I think there are some problematic issues on the driver as you stated before about packet sizes etc. Can I test two ( pro mini + rfm69 node ) with souliss? Do you have any experience about it?

And your translation exactly true. I'm also sending Selam to you Akdenizin diğer ucundan :)

Thanks again for your support and if I find somethings I will inform you also...

Regards
Ender