Sonoff Souliss Problem

Ender26

Nov 22, 2017, 4:42:57 AM11/22/17
to souliss
Dear All,

I have a problem with Sonoff modules with Souliss. As you know, Sonoff modules are using ESP8266 chip and Souliss is working without any problem with ESP chips. I have programmed and tested the Souliss firmware with ESP-01 and ESP-12 modules without any problem.

I have programmed Sonoff modules with dynamic addressing, than the modules received the address from gateway and the user interface saw the typical which is on/off typical on the Sonoff module. But when I touch the user interface to on/off the sonoff module, it's working sometimes. Mostly I have to touch the several times to on/off the Sonoff module. I think Sonoff is missing most of the on/off commands which is coming from the user interface.

Another interesting thing is; when I push the Sonoff's button on the box to on/off the output, I could see the state change of the sonoff on the user interface as soon as pressing the sonoff's button. There is no delay and there is no missing state. I think there is no any communication problem with sonoff and user interface but only sonoff can't receive the every commands from user interface.

I have tested this problem with sonoff's 220V supply and also I have powered the Sonoff with external DC supply with regulated output. Both of them have the same problem. The reason of the problem is not the power supply.

I have also downloaded the same code to the ESP-12 modules and I use it with user interface without any problem. Every touch to the user interface can on/off the ESP-12E module's output. I used the same outputs on the ESP-12 modules with sonoff's relay and LED outputs. I have also tested ESP-12 module with 220V supply and also the DC supply without any problem.

Have you ever faced with this type of problem before on the Sonoff or another ESP modules? Should I change any programming options on the Arduino IDE to program the sonoff? Or what can be the reason of this problem?

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Ender

Di Maio, Dario

Nov 26, 2017, 6:21:23 AM11/26/17
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Quite hard detect your problem. Anyhow, if you connect a pushbutton to Souliss it will generate a change in the logic regardless the communication (as is it local to the device) and then will flag to the communication routines that there is job for them.
Then the communication routine will process and send a notification to SoulissApp, openHAB or whatever.

So, it could be a timing problem on your side. Maybe your are processing the communication at low rate or you have some hardwired input that is consuming the ESP processing time.

Dario.

Ender26

Nov 27, 2017, 7:36:55 AM11/27/17
to souliss
Thanks for your reply Dario. I wonder that is there a control logic in the Souliss that the sent message is received by the node or not? If the node couldn't receive the message the gateway or SoulissApp should send the same message again and it should be tried 2 or 3 times, am I right?

Can I check or track with log messages that the sent message is received by the end node or not?

Thanks for your help.
Ender

Di Maio, Dario

Nov 27, 2017, 11:34:36 AM11/27/17
to sou...@googlegroups.com
The retry applies only for openHAB, not for SoulissApp.

You can troubleshoot with these two options:

Dario.

Ender26

Dec 7, 2017, 4:12:34 AM12/7/17
to souliss
Hello Dario,

I have found something about the Sonoff hardware. Sonoff is working only with the DOUT flash mode in the Arduino IDE. It can be programmed with DIO/QIO/QOUT but it is working only in the DOUT mode.

DOUT is also the slowest SPI mode. Does the slowest DOUT mode effect the Souliss working speed especially to send and receive the commands from the SoulissApp? If yes, is there any setting in the Souliss firmware which can be work with DOUT mode?

Thanks for your reply.
Ender

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 1:36 PM, Ender26 <ender...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Di Maio, Dario

Dec 7, 2017, 7:10:19 AM12/7/17
to sou...@googlegroups.com

It depends on the Flash chip installed.

Dario.

Ender Ergunler

Dec 7, 2017, 1:19:30 PM12/7/17
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Yes you're right but the flash chip on the sonoff is PN25F08 and it supports all 4 modes according to it's datasheets. It should work with dual speed I/O mode like ESP12E but souliss firmware only runs on the DOUT mode. The reason of my problem can be the flash memory speed? What is you opinion about that?

Regards
Ender

Di Maio, Dario

Dec 8, 2017, 8:10:20 AM12/8/17
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Is not code related but board related, no code will work out of DOUT.

Dario.