ESP module generate an OPEN WIFI network (PROBLEM)

Juan Pinto

Jun 30, 2015, 2:50:08 PM6/30/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, I noticed that my ESP12 and 12E modules generates an OPEN wifi Network. Both are configured as Peer on my network. You can connect but obviously it haven't connection.

Anyone have the same problem?

Regards

Lesjaw Ardi™ ♂

Jun 30, 2015, 3:01:31 PM6/30/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
yes me too..

i think the modules run on AP&STA mode.. to disable the OPEN wifi network we need to switch to STA mode only..its not only esp12 some of my esp01 does the same

but i havem't try it.. i still struggling trouble with GPIO0...

Juan Pinto

Jun 30, 2015, 3:24:15 PM6/30/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Ok reading here:

I found this:
WiFi.mode(m): set mode to WIFI_AP, WIFI_STA, or WIFI_AP_STA.

With WiFi.mode(WIFI_STA); must be solved, Ill try tonight.

Regards.

Di Maio, Dario

Jun 30, 2015, 6:03:11 PM6/30/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

The vNet driver starts the client mode, please let me know if this is relevant to all your nodes or only some of them.

Dario.

From Mobile.

Lesjaw Ardi™ ♂

Jul 1, 2015, 12:01:18 AM7/1/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
How is it going juan??

btw here is an interseting sketch.. https://github.com/chriscook8/esp-arduino-apboot

with this sketch we can change ssid and password of the node on running time.. so basically it will make a flexible ssid to connect.. we dont need to make ssid and password inside the sketch..

this sketch will be usefull if we want to sell our souliss board..so the customer can just login to the node, set their own ssid and password, then the souliss node will connect..

Lesjaw Ardi™ ♂

Jul 1, 2015, 12:29:28 AM7/1/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
this is much better, a wifi manager library..

Lesjaw Ardi™ ♂

Jul 1, 2015, 12:47:15 AM7/1/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Dario..

can we implement this into souliss??

ty

Di Maio, Dario

Jul 1, 2015, 1:33:20 AM7/1/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Antonino did something similar. In SoulissApp there is a submenu to set IP and Wifi settings, but has never been completed.

Hopefully it will in next releases.

Regards,
Dario.

From Mobile.

Juan Pinto

Jul 1, 2015, 10:08:07 AM7/1/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
We need to do a deep reading of this, both options are good solutions!, I thinked before about it, with this we can configure not just the SSID and Password, we can change more options, I think about. I'll do some tests

Regards

Juan Pinto

Jul 1, 2015, 10:13:14 AM7/1/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
I added WiFi.mode(WIFI_STA); at the start of the setup(), before initialize();  And the wifi doesn't appear, the node as GW works, but I need to do more test

Regards

Di Maio, Dario

Jul 1, 2015, 10:27:57 AM7/1/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Ok, let me know so that we can include it as automatical setup.

Dario.

Juan Pinto

Jul 1, 2015, 9:43:23 PM7/1/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Well, I worked on Lesjaw suggestion and is really easy to add this to Souliss, I maded a first sketch and works well, it have WiFi.mode line too, it works well, here is the example:

We need to work on the EEPROM side to avoid problems overwriting data, maybe you can help me on this Dario, WifiManager library have an option to configure where start using EEPROM on this parameter: WiFiManager wifi(0);

This open other options and enhancements to our nodes!, we can define a bit on the EEPROM to start the node as GW or Peer, to use a PIN for Input or Output, if we work on it this can be a very good way to easy configure our nodes.

What do you think?

Regards!

Di Maio, Dario

Jul 2, 2015, 1:18:35 AM7/2/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Actually you cannot define a gateway at runtime, because it loads different pieces of code in case of gateway.

Isn't a big issue to fix and was planned for the next upgrades.

For the EEPROM, in the tool/store folder you can find details on data structure and you can even define a way to create an offset to avoid overwrite.
Have a look and we can see togheter how use it.

Dario.

From Mobile.

Lesjaw Ardi™ ♂

Jul 2, 2015, 8:15:00 AM7/2/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Nice juan... I will test your sketch tonight..

Juan Pinto

Jul 2, 2015, 9:41:03 AM7/2/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Note about the sketch before, I commented out WiFi.begin here:
and here:
But I think isn't needed.

Yes, I know isn't possible (yet) to configure on runtime if the node is a GW or a PEER, I'll do for now with a define on code, but will be a good improvement add this to Souliss, with a simple Check on the webpage generated by WiFiManager to select if the node is a GW or not.  With this method we can configure other options too.

I looked at store files but I don't know if we can use the space allowed to SSID and Pass to store the WiFiManager values, here:

Or store at the end of the space used by souliss, but I don't know exactly where, here?
we can add some space (I dont know how much):

#define WiFi_Manager_s (STORE__WIFIPSW_f +1)
#define WiFi_Manager_f (STORE__WIFIPSW_f +96) //I dont know how much space is needed
#define STORE__USABLESIZE (WiFi_Manager_f)

I need to understand this why I want to use some EEPROM space to store RFID cards too.

Regards.

Di Maio, Dario

Jul 4, 2015, 4:47:03 AM7/4/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
You can use aSTORE__INDEX that isn't zero to reserve space for your own application, Souliss will use bytes starting from that index.

Dario.

Juan Pinto

Jul 4, 2015, 9:48:47 AM7/4/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I found on Wifimanager how many bytes are used to store SSID and PASS, 32 + 32

We can start on STORE__INDEX 65, but another option is store SSID and Pass on:
STORE__WIFISSID_s and STORE__WIFIPSW_s
What do you think about?

Regards

Juan Pinto

Jul 4, 2015, 9:49:39 AM7/4/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Sorry by the double post, I renamed the example and the link from the previous message isn't work, here is the new one:

Regards

Domenico Carvetta

Jul 4, 2015, 11:34:27 AM7/4/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Sorry Juan; I didn't understand latest post.
Is the below renamed sketch working ok ?
I tried the previous (sketch) one with ESP-03, unfortunately without success.

Juan Pinto

Jul 4, 2015, 12:13:13 PM7/4/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

On Esp12 works well , I haven't and esp03 or esp01 to test it.

Lesjaw Ardi™ ♂

Jul 4, 2015, 5:01:20 PM7/4/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
it doesn't work if it is not on esp12 Juan.. see this issue..

i test on esp01, it works perfect

Juan Pinto

Jul 4, 2015, 7:20:59 PM7/4/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
I worked on it, test with example and let me now if works on ESP01 and 03.

Regards

Lesjaw Ardi™ ♂

Jul 4, 2015, 9:52:17 PM7/4/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
i test this.. but after seting up SSID and Pass using web server, the connction always RTO or unreachable.. but serial output show me the wifi got connected..

then i test it again by uncomment  //       GetIPAddress();

connection good.. even after reset or turnOff-turnOn i still can connect to my wifi network..

it seem got conflict with souliss code "GetIPAddress"

Lesjaw Ardi™ ♂

Jul 4, 2015, 9:58:27 PM7/4/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
so in base/NetworkSetup.cpp i uncomment line 174 which is :

WiFi.begin(WiFi_SSID, WiFi_Password);

now souliss app can see the node

Lesjaw Ardi™ ♂

Lesjaw Ardi™ ♂

Jul 4, 2015, 10:16:55 PM7/4/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
so in base/NetworkSetup.cpp i uncomment line 174 which is :

WiFi.begin(WiFi_SSID, WiFi_Password);

now souliss app can see the node

this is my sketch test.. http://pastebin.com/CNpaYABc

remember to uncomment line 174 in base/NetworkSetup.cpp

//WiFi.begin(WiFi_SSID, WiFi_Password);

Lesjaw Ardi™ ♂

Jul 14, 2015, 7:04:47 AM7/14/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
modified tzapu WiFi Manager a little.. to make the web interface more informatif..

insert this code on line 212 in WiFiManager.h
        uint8_t mac[6];
        s = HTTP_200;
        String head = HTTP_HEAD;
        head.replace("{v}", "Config Souliss Node");
        s += "<div>Make sure your home WiFi ON!, You can refresh to scan again.</div>";
        WiFi.macAddress(mac);
        String macStr = "here is the mac address of the Node " + macToStr(mac);
        s += macStr;
        s += "<div>.</div>";
        s += "<div>Avalaible SSID.</div>";

and this on line 14

String macToStr(const uint8_t* mac)
{
  String result;
  for (int i = 0; i < 6; ++i) {
    result += String(mac[i], 16);
    if (i < 5)
      result += ':';
  }
  return result;
}Inline image 1

Inline image 2

i just hope we can put a little nice icon of souliss in it.. :-)

Domenico Carvetta

Jul 14, 2015, 9:22:41 AM7/14/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lesjaw,
in order to avoid any kind of mistake, could you please attach here or even put into the github (https://github.com/lesjaw/Souliss-Examples) the WiFiManager.h library file ?
Thanks!!

Lesjaw Ardi™ ♂

Jul 14, 2015, 9:59:41 AM7/14/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Ok Dom..wait.. my internet so slow..

Lesjaw Ardi™ ♂

Jul 14, 2015, 10:08:19 AM7/14/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Domenico Carvetta

Jul 14, 2015, 10:09:08 AM7/14/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Ok, dear Lesjaw, I wait of course !

Domenico Carvetta

Jul 14, 2015, 10:10:56 AM7/14/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
I got it, thanks.

Juan Pinto

Jul 14, 2015, 10:34:30 AM7/14/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Good work Lesjaw, I'll work on the webpage generated from ESP to configure the node, I'll add options to use a PIN with one Typical or other, and when we can define a node as GW or PEER on Runtime I'll add too.

Regards.

Lesjaw Ardi™ ♂

Jul 14, 2015, 10:45:28 AM7/14/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com