Souliss modbus Master

Juan Luis

Jun 19, 2016, 5:56:28 AM6/19/16
to souliss
Hi all,
There are plenty of professional devices who have modbus, from multimeters to air conditioner gateways.
I know that Souliss as a library for work as a slave but not as a master.
I found a library called  "SimpleModbusMaster" and i made some changes to work into Souliss.
The result here:

I'll review it and eventually  i will  publish it.
Maybe we can merge it in Souliss core.
Stay tunned.

Juan Luis

Di Maio, Dario

Jun 19, 2016, 6:57:49 AM6/19/16
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Juan,

that's interesting. How are you using this library? I was expecting to have a display as master rather than a slave, so you write from the node to the display?

Is this library working on both AVR and ESP8266? We should evaluate the license to understand if we could include it in Souliss.

I think that could be an interesting step, Modbus has never been much used in the past with Souliss, but is always a nice option.

Let me know,
Dario.

Di Maio, Dario

Jun 19, 2016, 6:59:17 AM6/19/16
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Just now I got that you are using a digital meter and via Modbus you read the data from the meter to have them in Souliss.

Dario.

Juan Luis

Jun 20, 2016, 10:00:21 AM6/20/16
to souliss
Hi Dario,
Exactly, I read slave(meter)  from master(Souliss).. Sorry for my poor explanation.

Original library doesn't support esp8266 but It seems not difficult to integrate, Eventually I will work on it.
License is GLP like souliss.

I attach the library (first apporach)  and the scketch.

Juan Luis
SimpleModbusMasterSS.zip

Juan Luis

Jul 7, 2016, 3:21:42 PM7/7/16
to souliss
Hi,
I steep forward in Souliss integration via Modbus.
At home I have a centralized  Air conditioner system and ducts to the rooms.

Recently I bought an interface to Modbus for the Air conditioner system.
Air conditioner act as Modbus slave and Souliss as a Master.
However I had to rewrite T31 because the logic is Air conditioner's logic system.
Because it is a inverter system it will modulate the power consumption depending on the demand.
The temperature enviroment is served by Souliss ( a DS18B20 attached to the node). With this method the decisitions are taken by the ACC.However decisitions are based on Souliss data ;)
Eventually I will put a temp sonde in every room and make a average or whatever.

Take a look

Regards
Juan Luis

Di Maio, Dario

Jul 7, 2016, 3:48:49 PM7/7/16
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Looks a nice way to control your hvac.

Great!

Dario.

From Mobile.

José Antonio Blanco

Oct 19, 2016, 8:48:37 AM10/19/16
to souliss
Hi Juan Luis.

I'm very interested in control the centralized Air conditioner system (with heat pump) that I have in my new home. At the moment I only manage with Souliss the gas heating thermostat (here the thermostat in the spanish group), but I want to manage the cooling system too via Modbus. The AC controller has 4 wires, I suposse 2 for powering and 2 for data, but I'm not sure. I have this module but I don't know it's enough or I need some additional hardware.

Sorry but my english is almost as basic as my programming knowledge.

Regards.

Jose

Juan Luis

Oct 21, 2016, 3:47:42 PM10/21/16
to souliss
Hola José Antonio.
I guess those 4 wires are from the acc unit to the remote. Every manufacturer uses its own protocol for that.
So you will need a gateway for your air conditioner and Modus.
The gateway is provided by the ACC manufacturer or there are companies who make gateways for the most common brands.
Take s look to https://www.intesisbox.com

When you air conditioner can talk Modus,you can use the module rs484 you mentioned as a interface between the gateway and your node.
(Be aware that the rs485 interface you said is for 5v logic. If you use an Esp8266 you will need an interface 3,3v compatible.

Saludos
Juan