First experiments, run Souliss on ESP8266

Di Maio, Dario

Apr 25, 2015, 12:43:07 PM4/25/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

today I've played a bit to get Souliss running directly on the ESP8266 (without any Arduino board inbetween) and I got a lot of useful information, in the next release you will probably be able to run the framework directly on this wifi module.

https://github.com/souliss/souliss/tree/run-on-ESP8266

penalve.sergio

Apr 26, 2015, 5:51:40 PM4/26/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Very good news Dario..

Juan Pinto

Apr 27, 2015, 10:25:03 AM4/27/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Wooooooooow !! You are awesome Dario!! Ty so Much! I will try!  On ESP12 modules we've more GPIO pins free to use with Souliss.

Regards

Di Maio, Dario

Apr 27, 2015, 11:09:18 AM4/27/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
There isn't much to try right now, this is just a collection of experiments to understand what's required to port Souliss on ESP8266 and generally on others Arduino processors (out of AVRs).

For the ESP8266 is quite simple, because as its a micro+wifi it doesn't need drivers for multiple cases (wireless, RS485) and so is just a matter of remove some bad programming paradigms. I don't know when I will start to correct the Souliss code, but I will try to do it as soon as possible.
After this step, theoretically Souliss will be able to run on every microcontroller that is supported in the Arduino IDE, but the major effort would be to make a porting of the drivers, because mostly those are based on low-level calls that are not portable. So, mostly the drivers in vNet will need to be rewritten while moving to new platforms.

Before moving in this activity I should work on the wiki, because with v7 (friariello) configuration, sketches and others from the previous release will no longer be applicable.

Dario.

Juan Pinto

Apr 27, 2015, 11:23:53 AM4/27/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
For now I think that ESP its the best solution to do mini-nodes.

Porting other drivers to work with other AVR isn't needed for now from my POV.

Regards

Di Maio, Dario

Apr 27, 2015, 11:31:11 AM4/27/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
ESP8266 is a very promising solution, will run completely in DHCP and will use the autoadressing on the vNet side. It has only one weakness point, the consumption, isn't suitable to run on battery as embedded sensor.

It has a set of sleeping functions, but consume much more than others 2.4 GHz radio.

Dario.

Juan Pinto

Apr 27, 2015, 11:51:24 AM4/27/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you're right isnt the best solution for battery operated nodes, but can be useful to integrate on wall switches on a ceiling lamp or behind the washer, we only need a 3.3v power source to install a Souliss node everywhere.

Regards and again, ty for your work!

dcarvetta

Apr 27, 2015, 1:00:31 PM4/27/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
I tried to measure the consumption about ESP8266 standlone.
I programmed it just to connect it to wifi router; I read 78mA.

Alberto Mora

Apr 28, 2015, 2:46:56 PM4/28/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
I bought an ESP8266 since I join Souliis because i thought "wow it's cheap it should work as wifi serial port for Arduino". No way but now Dario did some magic code over this cheap chip.

I am developing a couple of "portable nodes" to integrate in the souliss net. To prototype it I use a basic home "schedule programmer". I mean this. I remove all mechanical content inside. Actually I put a relay inside and a external Arduino and ENC28J60 conected to a mini wireless router as bridche what it means my node is semi-wireless. The integration is just a joke instead I use a NRF24L01+(what I am waiting for)  or the famous ESP8266. My idea is to use ESP for a gateway or independent normal node and the NRF for a normal node(but it needs a gateway). I will develop the circuit scheme for both in the future if the ESP8266 will be avaliable in souliss.

Thanks for the hardworking

Di Maio, Dario

Apr 28, 2015, 3:36:45 PM4/28/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Hi Alberto,

Looks a nice hack :)

Dario.

From Mobile.

Juan Pinto

Apr 28, 2015, 3:44:47 PM4/28/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
It a similar hack of Marco, right? He have a pcb nrf based

Integrate an ESP on this kind of device can be one of the best and easy solutions to make a domotic house without instalation!, We can add an oled display and be awesome!

Regards

Alberto Mora

Apr 28, 2015, 4:02:43 PM4/28/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
this is the first simple prototype:

It is conected to my wifi handling a single light and it works in my mobile Souliss App over 3g using No-IP DNS redirecting service(because my IP is not static). This free service uses a host like soulissexample.ddns.net as the IP you have to config in the souliss "external" IP. Some routers has this service enabled and autoupdate a new ip to this host.

Alberto Mora

Apr 28, 2015, 4:08:58 PM4/28/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

With the new auto-adressing on Friariello you can build many of this nodes (with self power converter) that automatically connect to the vNet Souliss Network so: "hey i buy a new lamp for the livingroom, so lets put it in a node to integrate in my Souliss  pogrammed lights" or for exampe you want to activate an old non-programable device so now you can in a easy way.

Di Maio, Dario

Apr 28, 2015, 4:09:10 PM4/28/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

With an ESP it can bee much smaller :)

From Mobile.

Di Maio, Dario

Apr 28, 2015, 4:10:30 PM4/28/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Yes it the intent. Have you tried tge auto-addressing?

From Mobile.

On 28 Apr 2015 22:08, "Alberto Mora" <notokesp...@gmail.com> wrote:

With the new auto-adressing on Friariello you can build many of this nodes (with self power converter) that automatically connect to the vNet Souliss Network so: "hey i buy a new lamp for the livingroom, so lets put it in a node to integrate in my Souliss  pogrammed lights" or for exampe you want to activate an old non-programable device so now you can in a easy way.

Alberto Mora

Apr 28, 2015, 9:46:43 PM4/28/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I'm not yet. I'm wating for a group of NRF24L01 and Arduino Pro Nano to avoid this weird router bridge connection. I don't know if auto-address gives it an IP dynamically instead of router's DHCP or it only works on the vNet. I'm confused about it. I am thinking about future auto-addressing of ESP8266 because IP could come from DHCP server but i don't know if merge dynamic IP and dynamic vNet could work. When i get all the stuff i will try this with a Gateway on the router and NRF24 and other Arduino with NRF24 auto-addressed node. I will report some news about it. I need to write some sketches to understand vNet mixed with LAN networks.

Regards

Di Maio, Dario

Apr 29, 2015, 1:41:36 AM4/29/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Hi Alberto,

the autoadressing works only for vNet. For ESP you got the way, it will always get an IP address from the DHCP and nodes will use the auto-addressing for the vNet side.

I'm working on the wiki update in order to have it ready for the release of friariello in the public domain.

Regards,
Dario.

From Mobile.

On 29 Apr 2015 03:46, "Alberto Mora" <notokesp...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sorry I'm not yet. I'm wating for a group of NRF24L01 and Arduino Pro Nano to avoid this weird router bridge connection. I don't know if auto-address gives it an IP dynamically instead of router's DHCP or it only works on the vNet. I'm confused about it. I am thinking about future auto-addressing of ESP8266 because IP could come from DHCP server but i don't know if merge dynamic IP and dynamic vNet could work. When i get all the stuff i will try this with a Gateway on the router and NRF24 and other Arduino with NRF24 auto-addressed node. I will report some news about it. I need to write some sketches to understand vNet mixed with LAN networks.

Regards

Alberto Mora

Apr 29, 2015, 10:35:14 AM4/29/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Got it, that was my dubt. Just one more question, I have the 8 pins little ESP8266 that I think it has 2 GPIO. Will this ESP compatible with the self Souliss node concept? just for a relay i think it is good enought and ridiculous little to battery powered devices.

Thanks

Di Maio, Dario

Apr 29, 2015, 10:44:33 AM4/29/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Yes, as long you have exposed the pins to program it.

Dario.

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 4:35 PM, Alberto Mora <notokesp...@gmail.com> wrote:
Got it, that was my dubt. Just one more question, I have the 8 pins little ESP8266 that I think it has 2 GPIO. Will this ESP compatible with the self Souliss node concept? just for a relay i think it is good enought and ridiculous little to battery powered devices.

Thanks

penalve.sergio

Apr 29, 2015, 1:04:42 PM4/29/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
What is the link of github with arduino ide support esp82666 ??
Regards..

Di Maio, Dario

Apr 29, 2015, 2:02:52 PM4/29/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 7:04 PM, 'penalve.sergio' via souliss <sou...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
What is the link of github with arduino ide support esp82666 ??
Regards..

LostInSpace

Apr 30, 2015, 11:07:52 AM4/30/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Behind the washer - yes. On a ceiling lamp - maybe. On a wall switch - probably not...

Behind the washer you have Live and Neutral available, so it's easy. On the ceiling lamp there will be a Neutral and a 'Switched Live and, depending on the wiring method for the country, there may be a constant Live, in which case there's not a problem.

In a wall switch, however, there is a constant Live and a return 'switched Live' - there is no Neutral...

I can see that there is a 'pseudo Neutral', via the bulb filament, when the switch is open but when the switch is closed, Live and 'Switched Live' are at the same potential.

So, how do remote control 'replacement light switches' work? I simply don't know - they can get power (from an ac/dc power supply) using 'pseudo Neutral' so they can then turn the bulb on, but then they lose power.

If anyone knows the answer, please share it - this is a major stumbling block in my attempts to automate my lights...

Di Maio, Dario

Apr 30, 2015, 11:19:15 AM4/30/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Google for step-relay, this is the best way.

Dario.

Di Maio, Dario

May 15, 2015, 7:53:00 PM5/15/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Souliss is running on ESP8266!!!

Actually there is a dedicated branch called friariello-porting that contains the code that will let Souliss run on multiple MCUs and not only on 8bit AVRs, if you would like to have a first try, you can get the code here:
https://github.com/souliss/souliss/archive/friariello-porting.zip or
https://github.com/souliss/souliss/tree/friariello-porting

Is enough a standard ESP8266 and the porting of the Arduino IDE (https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino) there are a lot of resources on the web to understand how program this node with the Arduino IDE, once done, just use Souliss and example /ethernet/e08_Hello_ESP8266 to run a simple sketch on your WiFi module.

Regards,
Dario.

Juan Pinto

May 15, 2015, 9:01:37 PM5/15/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Wooow Ill try when arrive at home! :))

Ty!

Regards

Juan Pinto

May 15, 2015, 11:33:54 PM5/15/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Downloaded precompiled version of ide for windows 1.6.1-p1

I loaded ok this example: [OK]

I get this on compile: [SOLVED]
In file included from e08_Hello_ESP8266.ino:16:0:
F:\Mis Documentos\Arduino\libraries\souliss/conf/DisableEEPROM.h:31:0: warning: "USEEEPROM" redefined [enabled by default]
 #define USEEEPROM       0
 ^
In file included from e08_Hello_ESP8266.ino:15:0:
F:\Mis Documentos\Arduino\libraries\souliss/conf/DynamicAddressing.h:40:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
 #define USEEEPROM       1
 ^
F:\Mis Documentos\Arduino\___arduino-1.6.1ESP\hardware\esp8266com\esp8266\libraries\SPI\SPI.cpp:14:18: fatal error: HSPI.h: No such file or directory
 #include "HSPI.h"
                  ^
compilation terminated.
Error de compilación

I SOLVED the spi error, just download the last zip from github: https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino/archive/esp8266.zip, delete the SPI folder inside hardware\esp8266com\esp8266\libraries\ and copy (overwrite) the folder hardware\esp8266com\ from the last downloaded.

And Comment this line:

But I now get Compilation Error on IDE with no errors :S just "Error de compilación"

Maybe I make some mistake with the ide? can you share your IDE via Dropbox, Drive or similar?

Ty!!

Di Maio, Dario

May 16, 2015, 2:53:26 AM5/16/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Yes, the IDE and the relevant core are changing fast and this may lead to inconsistent behavior. I will upload om gdrive the IDE for windows.

Regards,
Dario.

P.S.: SPI is not used.

From Mobile.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "souliss" group.

Di Maio, Dario

May 16, 2015, 4:25:38 AM5/16/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
I've uploaded the Arduino IDE 1.6.1-esp8266, this contains an esp8266-core that I've tested and till the friariello-porting will not be officially released this IDE will be the reference for that branch.

You can use the IDE also to upload code of AVR based boards.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzyjHRwlzov4fjkwWVZJNVExVUc0QzVpVmRobTZkWkJ3Wk55b0xPUE9xTU0xRVJYZkQzcWs&usp=sharing#list

Regards,
Dario.

Di Maio, Dario

May 16, 2015, 4:29:54 AM5/16/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
The souliss friariello-porting is included in the IDE, so remove from Documents/Arduino/libraries your souliss release (if any).

Dario.

Juan Pinto

May 16, 2015, 8:23:46 AM5/16/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
It's OK now!! Compiled, Loaded and tested with Souliss APP! :))) We've Souliss running on the ESP!! Awesome!

Now I need to make the next step, I've an ESP12 module, on the actual commit this is added on hardware side of the IDE (and we can use the other GPIO pins). I tried to read the GPIO5 from my ESP with no result.

Im comparing now the last github and yours and I'll try to add the ESP12

Regards Dario! Good Work

The souliss friariello-porting is included in the IDE, so remove from Documents/Arduino/libraries your souliss release (if any).

Dario.

Di Maio, Dario

May 16, 2015, 8:36:29 AM5/16/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

I cannot see any difference, is the SoC only you should crosscheck the pin mapping.

Dario.

From Mobile.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "souliss" group.

g.bonanno

May 16, 2015, 8:48:00 AM5/16/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
I am testing an ESP-03 with a led on pin 13 (GPIO13) and a switch on pin 12 (GPIO12) and all work fine in local and with SoulissApp.
Haw configure a simple ESP8266 peer with a led?
Is possible give a static IP to the gateway?

Giuseppe

.

Juan Pinto

May 16, 2015, 9:00:56 AM5/16/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
You're right! :) It's working OK :) I'll do more tests and let you know :)

Di Maio, Dario

May 16, 2015, 9:09:29 AM5/16/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Giuseppe,

static addresses are not supported because with friariello there is a new approach for DHCP based devices.

Basically you can communicate over ethernet either as unicast and broadcast, the communication with SoulissApp (or openHAB) is in unicast and broadcast is used for peer nodes. This applied only if you enable DynamicAddressing, otherwise unicast is used in both the cases.

So, to answer your question you need to add on your gateway the DynamicAddressing option and add a SetAddress(0xAB01, 0xFF00, 0x0000) on the Gateway and use SetAddress(0xAB02, 0xFF00, 0xAB01) on the Peer.

The bad news is that on ENC28J60 there are some problems running the DynamicAddressing option.

If you are using ENC28J60 there are other ways to get it working.

Regards,
Dario.

g.bonanno

May 16, 2015, 9:22:12 AM5/16/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dario
in this test i have only the ESP-03 configured as gateway and the IP address is from the DHCP server of the ADSL/WIFI router.
The SoulissApp on Android is configured with the address of the ESP-03 and i can ON/OFF a led from the App and in local with
a touch switch.
There are no arduino board with etehernet connected ( now).
The second test that i whant   to do is add an ESP-01 peer with a led. So all the connection are in WIFI.
This is the actual file for the gateway.

Regards
Giuseppe

e08_Hello_ESP8266.ino

Di Maio, Dario

May 16, 2015, 9:28:49 AM5/16/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Try this, consider that you have two option, as is now it gets the address dynamically or otherwise (in the comments) you can assign the address manually.

/**************************************************************************
    Souliss - Hello World for Expressif ESP8266

    This is the basic example, create a software push-button on Android
    using SoulissApp (get it from Play Store).

    Load this code on ESP8266 board using the porting of the Arduino core
    for this platform.

***************************************************************************/

// Configure the framework
#include "bconf/MCU_ESP8266.h"              // Load the code directly on the ESP8266
#include "conf/DynamicAddressing.h"         // Use dynamic addressing
#include "conf/DisableEEPROM.h"

// Define the WiFi name and password
#define WIFICONF_INSKETCH
#define WiFi_SSID               "mywifi"
#define WiFi_Password           "mypassword"

// Include framework code and libraries
#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>
#include "Souliss.h"

// This identify the number of the LED logic
#define MYLEDLOGIC          0

void setup()
{
    Initialize();

    // Connect to the WiFi network and get an address from DHCP
    Setup_ESP8266();

    // Get address dynamically
    SetDynamicAddressing();
    GetAddress();

    /*
    or assign the address manually

    SetAddress(0xAB02, 0xFF00, 0xAB01);

    */

    Set_SimpleLight(MYLEDLOGIC);        // Define a simple LED light logic
    pinMode(5, OUTPUT);                 // Use pin 5 as output
}

void loop()
{
    // Here we start to play
    EXECUTEFAST() {
        UPDATEFAST();

        FAST_50ms() {   // We process the logic and relevant input and output every 50 milliseconds
            Logic_SimpleLight(MYLEDLOGIC);
            DigOut(5, Souliss_T1n_Coil,MYLEDLOGIC);
        }

        // Here we handle here the communication with Android
        FAST_PeerComms();
    }
}

Let me know,
Dario.

g.bonanno

May 16, 2015, 10:05:35 AM5/16/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Many errors with compilation !!!!!!

Arduino:1.6.1 (Windows 7), Scheda:"Generic ESP8266 Module, 80 MHz, 115200"
In file included from ESP8266_Friariello_Peer_1.ino:14:0:
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/conf/DynamicAddressing.h:46:0: warning: "VNET_MEDIA1_ENABLE" redefined [enabled by default]
 #  define VNET_MEDIA1_ENABLE    0
 ^
In file included from ESP8266_Friariello_Peer_1.ino:13:0:
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/bconf/MCU_ESP8266.h:48:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
 #define VNET_MEDIA1_ENABLE    1
 ^
In file included from ESP8266_Friariello_Peer_1.ino:15:0:
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/conf/DisableEEPROM.h:31:0: warning: "USEEEPROM" redefined [enabled by default]
 #define USEEEPROM       0
 ^
In file included from ESP8266_Friariello_Peer_1.ino:14:0:
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/conf/DynamicAddressing.h:40:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
 #define USEEEPROM       1
 ^
In file included from D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/Souliss.h:131:0,
                 from ESP8266_Friariello_Peer_1.ino:24:
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/frame/vNet/vNet.cpp: In function 'void vNet_Init()':
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/frame/vNet/vNet.cpp:161:16: error: 'vNet_Init_M3' was not declared in this scope
   vNet_Init_M3();
                ^
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/frame/vNet/vNet.cpp: In function 'U8 vNet_Send(U16, oFrame*, U8, U8)':
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/frame/vNet/vNet.cpp:260:73: error: 'vNet_Send_M3' was not declared in this scope
    return vNet_Send_M3(routed_addr, &vNet_oFrame, len + VNET_HEADER_SIZE);
                                                                         ^
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/frame/vNet/vNet.cpp: In function 'U8 vNet_SendBroadcast(oFrame*, U8, U8, U16)':
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/frame/vNet/vNet.cpp:353:71: error: 'vNet_Send_M3' was not declared in this scope
      vNet_Send_M3(broadcast_addr, &vNet_oFrame, len + VNET_HEADER_SIZE);
                                                                       ^
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/frame/vNet/vNet.cpp: In function 'U8 vNet_SendMulticast(oFrame*, U8, U8, U16)':
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/frame/vNet/vNet.cpp:456:70: error: 'vNet_Send_M3' was not declared in this scope
     vNet_Send_M3(broadcast_addr, &vNet_oFrame, len + VNET_HEADER_SIZE);
                                                                      ^
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/frame/vNet/vNet.cpp: In function 'U8 vNet_SendRoute(U16, U8, U8*, U8)':
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/frame/vNet/vNet.cpp:550:54: error: 'vNet_Send_M3' was not declared in this scope
    return vNet_Send_M3(routed_addr, &vNet_oFrame, len);
                                                      ^
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/frame/vNet/vNet.cpp: In function 'U8 vNet_DataAvailable()':
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/frame/vNet/vNet.cpp:596:28: error: 'vNet_DataAvailable_M3' was not declared in this scope
   if(vNet_DataAvailable_M3())
                            ^
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/frame/vNet/vNet.cpp: In function 'U8 vNet_RetrieveData(U8*)':
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/frame/vNet/vNet.cpp:746:32: error: 'vNet_RetrieveData_M3' was not declared in this scope
    if(vNet_RetrieveData_M3(data))
                                ^
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/frame/vNet/vNet.cpp: In function 'void vNet_SetAddress(U16, U8)':
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/frame/vNet/vNet.cpp:867:27: error: 'vNet_SetAddress_M3' was not declared in this scope
    vNet_SetAddress_M3(addr);
                           ^
In file included from D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/Souliss.h:131:0,
                 from ESP8266_Friariello_Peer_1.ino:24:
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/frame/vNet/vNet.cpp: In function 'void vNet_ParseFrame(U8)':
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/frame/vNet/vNet.cpp:1322:65: error: 'vNet_GetSourceAddress_M3' was not declared in this scope
    vNet_Media_Data[media-1].src_addr = vNet_GetSourceAddress_M3();
                                                                 ^
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/frame/vNet/vNet.cpp: In function 'void vNet_Reset()':
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/frame/vNet/vNet.cpp:1451:16: error: 'vNet_Init_M3' was not declared in this scope
   vNet_Init_M3();
                ^
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/frame/vNet/vNet.cpp:1482:50: error: 'vNet_SetAddress_M3' was not declared in this scope
     vNet_SetAddress_M3(vNet_Media[media].src_addr);
                                                  ^
In file included from D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/Souliss.h:161:0,
                 from ESP8266_Friariello_Peer_1.ino:24:
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/base/NetworkSetup.cpp: In function 'void Souliss_SetAddress(U16, U16, U16)':
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/base/NetworkSetup.cpp:63:50: error: 'eth_SetBaseIP' was not declared in this scope
    eth_SetBaseIP((uint8_t *)DEFAULT_BASEIPADDRESS);
                                                  ^
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/base/NetworkSetup.cpp:64:48: error: 'eth_SetSubnetMask' was not declared in this scope
    eth_SetSubnetMask((uint8_t *)DEFAULT_SUBMASK);
                                                ^
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/base/NetworkSetup.cpp:65:45: error: 'eth_SetGateway' was not declared in this scope
    eth_SetGateway((uint8_t *)DEFAULT_GATEWAY);
                                             ^
In file included from D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/Souliss.h:174:0,
                 from ESP8266_Friariello_Peer_1.ino:24:
ESP8266_Friariello_Peer_1.ino: In function 'void setup()':
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/base/SpeakEasy.h:94:63: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token
 #define Set_SimpleLight(slot)  Souliss_SetT11(memory_map, slot)
                                                               ^
ESP8266_Friariello_Peer_1.ino:47:5: note: in expansion of macro 'Set_SimpleLight'
ESP8266_Friariello_Peer_1.ino: In function 'void loop()':
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/base/SpeakEasy.h:95:68: error: expected primary-expression before ',' token
 #define Logic_SimpleLight(slot)  Souliss_Logic_T11(memory_map, slot, &data_changed)
                                                                    ^
ESP8266_Friariello_Peer_1.ino:58:13: note: in expansion of macro 'Logic_SimpleLight'
In file included from D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/Souliss.h:174:0,
                 from ESP8266_Friariello_Peer_1.ino:24:
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/base/SpeakEasy.h:241:83: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token
 #define DigOut(pin,value,slot)         Souliss_DigOut(pin, value, memory_map, slot)
                                                                                   ^
ESP8266_Friariello_Peer_1.ino:59:13: note: in expansion of macro 'DigOut'
Errore durante la compilazione
  Questo report potrebbe essere più ricco
di informazioni con
  "Mostra un output dettagliato durante la compilazione"
  abilitato in "File > Impostazioni"

Di Maio, Dario

May 16, 2015, 10:12:50 AM5/16/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
As workaround include back #include "conf/Gateway.h" even if is a peer, this will just be used to let the node compile.

Ensure that SoulissApp point the IP address of the node that is really intended as Gateway.

Dario.

Di Maio, Dario

May 16, 2015, 10:18:35 AM5/16/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
A small overview on the use of ESP8266 for support.
http://www.souliss.net/2015/05/preview-run-souliss-on-olimex-esp8266.html

Dario.

Juan Pinto

May 16, 2015, 10:44:33 AM5/16/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
I explained on the Spanish Forum, I'll share your link on the Social Networks and forum too :)

Regards

Di Maio, Dario

May 16, 2015, 10:53:50 AM5/16/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
I'm not planning to upload the IDE, so is required to download the code and load it in the IDE.

Dario.

g.bonanno

May 16, 2015, 11:11:44 AM5/16/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
OK Dario
with workaround the sketch compile and work.
Now i have a gateway with a led and a switch and a peer ( gatepeer !!) with a led.
At moment all is working from SoulissApp, and oll WIFI.
Thanks

Here the peer file in use.

ESP8266_Friariello_Peer_1.ino

Di Maio, Dario

May 16, 2015, 11:27:11 AM5/16/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Please download the updated library from previous post and let me know if is working, I've only one ESP.

Dario.

g.bonanno

May 16, 2015, 12:09:30 PM5/16/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Dario
with the new library all work without the workaround.
I reloaded the gateway ( ESP-03), the peer (ESP01) and the DB in SoulissApp..

My sketcks are the same of the examples, the only difference is the add of a switch in the gateway and
different I/O pins.

Next step a second peer (ESP-12).

Thanks !!!!!

Juan Pinto

May 16, 2015, 12:11:31 PM5/16/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

domenico carvetta

May 16, 2015, 12:42:00 PM5/16/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Sorry Dario,
about IDE 1.6.1, I use a FTDI to program ESP8266.
Question is : as programmer, is it correct to use "Arduino as ISP" ?
I asked that, because last time I used "esptool" option and now this option is not anymore available.
Am I wrong ?

Di Maio, Dario

May 16, 2015, 1:01:21 PM5/16/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Are you running the sketches with static or dynamic address?

Dario.

Di Maio, Dario

May 16, 2015, 1:04:10 PM5/16/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Ciao Domenico,

you have to select ESP8266 as board (I used Generic ESP8266) then power off and then on with GPIO0 at GND.

Regards,
Dario.

domenico carvetta

May 16, 2015, 1:06:13 PM5/16/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
I used the skecth (e08_....) you indicated us in the previous posts.

domenico carvetta

May 16, 2015, 1:07:11 PM5/16/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
OK, I did so shoud be Ok.

Juan Pinto

May 16, 2015, 2:25:39 PM5/16/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I powered now the ESP with a mobile phone wall charger, using a LM317 with this configuration: 3.50V R1 = 150, R2 = 270

g.bonanno

May 17, 2015, 4:06:30 AM5/17/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Dario
I added a temperature sensor DS18B20 to the sketch of gateway ESP8266. In Node0 is represented  the temperature but the chart is blank. Can you give me a hand?
ESP8266_Friariello_Gateway_1_DS18.ino

Di Maio, Dario

May 17, 2015, 4:11:07 AM5/17/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Does the temperature is printed on the serial monitor?

Dario.

g.bonanno

May 17, 2015, 4:17:13 AM5/17/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Yes

20150517_100015.jpg

Di Maio, Dario

May 17, 2015, 4:18:18 AM5/17/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, so what's the problem?

On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 10:17 AM, g.bonanno <bona...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes

g.bonanno

May 17, 2015, 4:21:15 AM5/17/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
The chart is empty.
20150517_100036.jpg

Di Maio, Dario

May 17, 2015, 4:28:45 AM5/17/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
In the option there is a Background Data checkbox, you need to enable it and wait for a day. It shows only the day average of the samples.

Dario.

Di Maio, Dario

May 17, 2015, 4:29:43 AM5/17/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
So, analog values are correctly handled in ESP8266?

This is a good news, because I haven't tested them and I've changed them to have them working out on ESP.

Dario.

g.bonanno

May 17, 2015, 4:40:04 AM5/17/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

The values seem correct and vary by touching the sensor. Obviously the reading is digital.You must use the modified library OneWire

Di Maio, Dario

May 17, 2015, 5:22:58 AM5/17/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
May I ask you to run the IDE standard EEPROM examples and let me know if are working with your ESP?

Thanks,
Dario.

g.bonanno

May 17, 2015, 8:11:31 AM5/17/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Hi Dario
What should I do?
What sketch load?

Giuseppe

Di Maio, Dario

May 17, 2015, 8:12:32 AM5/17/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

EEPROM examples from the IDE

From Mobile.

g.bonanno

May 17, 2015, 8:19:25 AM5/17/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
The standard IDE have 3 example ( clear, read , write)

Di Maio, Dario

May 17, 2015, 8:20:39 AM5/17/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Run clear, then write and at the end read. If read prints random numbers, the EEPROM is working.

Dario.

From Mobile.

On 17 May 2015 14:19, "g.bonanno" <bona...@gmail.com> wrote:
The standard IDE have 3 example ( clear, read , write)

g.bonanno

May 17, 2015, 8:41:22 AM5/17/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Dario
attached the read result after clear and write.  on the ESP-01.
EEprom_Read.png

Di Maio, Dario

May 17, 2015, 8:43:05 AM5/17/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
That's the same result that I got, I've to investigate further.

Dario.

Di Maio, Dario

May 17, 2015, 11:33:47 AM5/17/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've just uploaded the IDE including the last porting of friariello for 32bit architectures and ESP8266 support. As before this IDE works fine for either AVR and ESP8266, is shipped with Souliss in the libraries, just ensure that your Documents/Arduino/libraries doesn't contain souliss (otherwise the IDE will not load the souliss shipped with it).

This is the download link,
https://drive.google.com/a/souliss.net/folderview?id=0BzyjHRwlzov4fjkwWVZJNVExVUc0QzVpVmRobTZkWkJ3Wk55b0xPUE9xTU0xRVJYZkQzcWs&usp=drive_web#list

The IDE contains under ethernet the example 08 to use the ESP as Gateway and as Peer, please note that it use MEDIA3 and so you need to enable the same on your Gateway if you are including an ESP into a network where the Gateway is based on W5100 or others.

A quick guideline to upload the code is here
http://www.souliss.net/2015/05/preview-run-souliss-on-olimex-esp8266.html

If you want to use your ESP8266 as Peer into a Gateway based on W5100 or ENC28J60, ensure that your gateway has DynamicAddressing enabled and use the following sketch:
/**************************************************************************
    Souliss - Hello World for Expressif ESP8266

    This is the basic example, create a software push-button on Android
    using SoulissApp (get it from Play Store).

    Load this code on ESP8266 board using the porting of the Arduino core
    for this platform.

***************************************************************************/

// Configure the framework
#include "bconf/MCU_ESP8266.h"              // Load the code directly on the ESP8266
#include "conf/DynamicAddressing.h"

// Define the WiFi name and password
#define WIFICONF_INSKETCH
#define WiFi_SSID               "mywifi"
#define WiFi_Password           "mypassword"

// Include framework code and libraries
#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>
#include <EEPROM.h>
[...]

        START_PeerJoin();
    }
}

Regards,
Dario.

Juan Pinto

May 17, 2015, 11:55:39 AM5/17/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dario :) Im testing the ESP and I want to integrate some things, are explained on the Spanish Forum.
DHT is working with the Standard Library.

Now am working to enable the software PWM, but I need to update the core to the lastest one, this file is needed:

Next Steps:
-PIR
      We need a divider resistor to return 3.3v on Out of PIR and power it via 5v (maybe it supports 3.3v too)
-LDR  Lux
       ADC, AnalogRead(A0), probably the same function used on arduino, maybe a recalibration of values are needed.
-Botones Capacitivos
      Integrate Library
-IrLib
      Integrate Library
-Emonlib
      Integrate Library
-DS18b20
      same on Arduino
-BMP180
      via I2C

Regards

Juan Pinto

May 17, 2015, 2:23:57 PM5/17/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Im testing my LDR- LUX function and we can read an analog value on ADC pin, but take care this pin is 0-1v range, so you need to put a divider before the ADC with R1 220 R2 100 ohm  - It converts values from 3.3v range to 1v. A recalibration is required too, I'll test with luxometer soon as possible.

Am reading a DS18B20 too, You can use it with standard 4k7 resistor.

With ESP you can control little relays with 3.3V too!, I tested with this relays:
Note: I have a module with 2 relays.

Regards!!

Di Maio, Dario

May 17, 2015, 2:25:16 PM5/17/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Looks that you are enjoying the ESP :)

From Mobile.

Juan Pinto

May 17, 2015, 2:43:26 PM5/17/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I tested the distance and cover all my house, I think Im gonna change all the nodes to the ESP :)

One question that I don't know if is offtopic (I think isn't):
-Im trying to integrate emonlib, just with include compliles, but I need to recalibrate the non-invasive sensor, it's working now at 5v. Here says how to power at 3.3v (just changing the border resistor from 33ohm to 18ohm) http://openenergymonitor.org/emon/node/58  but I use a 220ohm as burden and recalibrate via: emon1.current(Sensor2_pin, 10);       // Current: input pin, calibration.

I think a recalibration is needed, if someone can help me we've an wifi energy monitor done!

Regards!

Di Maio, Dario

May 17, 2015, 3:00:35 PM5/17/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

What's the problem?

From Mobile.

Juan Pinto

May 17, 2015, 3:10:56 PM5/17/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
With emonlib I need to confirm if with a 220ohm burden resistor I can connect from 3.3v (I think it's yes), and most probably I need to recalibrate with the function before. I'll do this, no problem. Any help is appreciated too.

The main problem now is the PWM, on the last github its added, but on yours isn't, if you have some time try to update your IDE with the lastest on Arduino ESP IDE github.

Ty!!

Di Maio, Dario

May 17, 2015, 3:13:23 PM5/17/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Just copy the files from hardware/esp8266/cores from the latest build, I'm waiting a bit to have feedback from people and later I will move to latest cores and will include ESP support in the public release.

Dario.

From Mobile.

Juan Pinto

May 17, 2015, 4:23:54 PM5/17/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

I tried to copy the hardware folder and I get errors on compilation of Spi.  I'll try again.

I found a board connected thru I2c to control up to 16PWM.

Regards.

Juan Pinto

May 17, 2015, 7:45:45 PM5/17/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, this is the error on compilation when I overwrite the core folder:

F:\Mis Documentos\Arduino\____ESP\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266\hardware\esp8266com\esp8266\cores\esp8266\core_esp8266_wiring_digital.c:69:29: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '__digitalWrite'

extern void ICACHE_RAM_ATTR __digitalWrite(uint8_t pin, uint8_t val) {

^
:\Mis Documentos\Arduino\____ESP\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266\hardware\esp8266com\esp8266\cores\esp8266\core_esp8266_wiring_digital.c:80:28: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '__digitalRead'

extern int ICACHE_RAM_ATTR __digitalRead(uint8_t pin) {

^
:\Mis Documentos\Arduino\____ESP\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266\hardware\esp8266com\esp8266\cores\esp8266\core_esp8266_wiring_digital.c:165:12: error: 'digitalRead' aliased to undefined symbol '__digitalRead'

extern int digitalRead(uint8_t pin) __attribute__ ((weak, alias("__digitalRead")));

^
:\Mis Documentos\Arduino\____ESP\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266\hardware\esp8266com\esp8266\cores\esp8266\core_esp8266_wiring_digital.c:164:13: error: 'digitalWrite' aliased to undefined symbol '__digitalWrite'

extern void digitalWrite(uint8_t pin, uint8_t val) __attribute__ ((weak, alias("__digitalWrite")));

I'll work on it tomorrow. I asked here too: http://www.esp8266.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3087&p=17700#p17700

I opened a post on ESP forum related to the emonlib integration, I think I can't integrate it by myself:

Regards
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to souliss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/souliss/7c491941-8ba6-4052-bdb1-ebb31dfbd213%40googlegroups.com.

dcarvetta

May 18, 2015, 3:59:35 AM5/18/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
should be possible to fix during the compilation below WARNING msg at screen ?  Or may I skip it ? Thanks.

In file included from e08_Hello_ESP8266_Souliss.ino:16:0:
:\Users\Carvetta\Desktop\ESP8266\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/conf/DisableEEPROM.h:31:0: warning: "USEEEPROM" redefined [enabled by default]

#define USEEEPROM       0

^
In file included from e08_Hello_ESP8266_Souliss.ino:15:0:
:\Users\Carvetta\Desktop\ESP8266\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/conf/DynamicAddressing.h:40:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition

#define USEEEPROM       1

^

Lo sketch usa 220.100 byte (41%) dello spazio disponibile per i programmi. Il massimo è 524.288 byte.

dcarvetta

May 18, 2015, 4:06:43 AM5/18/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps, should I need to remove this line to fix it ?

#include "conf/DisableEEPROM.h"

Thanks to double confirm it, domenico

dcarvetta

May 18, 2015, 4:17:23 AM5/18/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Question to Dario.
In the last post about the new IDE that contains under ethernet the example 08 to use the ESP as Gateway and as Peer, you said us to enable MEDIA3 on our Gateway if we are including an ESP into a network where the Gateway is based on W5100 or others.
Can you indicate us "where" (the right line into the code) to enable the MEDIA3 ?

g.bonanno

May 18, 2015, 4:24:29 AM5/18/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Hi Dario

I'm trying the last IDE (with EEPROM) and a strange thing happens. Whenever reloading the peer, when i do the
discovery by SoulissApp (prior DB clear) the number of nodes increases. To return to normal
I must also charge the gateway ( with same configuration). In that case, I find the two
nodes (gateway and peer). But if reload peer (with same configuration) the phenomenon is repeated.
Each peer reload one more NODE on discovery ov DB.

Giuseppe

ESP8266_Gateway.ino
ESP8266_Peer.ino

Di Maio, Dario

May 18, 2015, 4:30:26 AM5/18/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Giuseppe,

the expected flow is this one:
1) At first boot, the node hasn't an address and request a new address to the Gateway
2) At future boot, the node has an address in the EEPROM and use that one, without request a new address.

I've tried this with an ESP8266 as Gateway and an Arduino Ethernet as Peer, my peer was correctly getting the address and then using it an next boot. Looks like that ESP is not working properly with EEPROM. Have you downloaded the IDE that I've loaded yesterday?

If you want to avoid this problem, you can assign an address manually instead (is in the comments of the Peer).

Let me know,
Dario.

g.bonanno

May 18, 2015, 4:33:31 AM5/18/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Hi Juan
have you tested a gateway with ESP and a peer with ESP ?

Thanks

Giuseppe

Di Maio, Dario

May 18, 2015, 5:01:09 AM5/18/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Ciao Giuseppe,

attiva il debug di Souliss e vNet come da link che segue, nel setup() aggiungi Serial.begin(115200); ed allega qui quanto stampato sul monitor seriale.

Saluti,
Dario.

g.bonanno

May 18, 2015, 6:53:25 AM5/18/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Dario
Se attivo il debug in souliss la compilazione va in errore ( vedi file Souliss_error). Con il solo debug vnet il risultato è
nel file vnet.

With the souliss debug the compilation give an error (see Souliss_error file). with only vnet debug the result
is in file vnet.

Giuseppe

VNET.txt
Souliss_error.txt

Di Maio, Dario

May 18, 2015, 7:18:21 AM5/18/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
I will have a detail look and let you know, from what can I see, the node request a new address and doesn't use the previous one.

Please consider that ESP8266 hasn't an EEPROM, and the EEPROM is simulated using the flash memory. So once you reprogram your nodes, the information get lost.

Consider now that you program your Gateway and then a Peer, then you reprogram your Peer. The peer has lost his EEPROM and will request a new address, the Gateway hasn't lost his EEPROM and will add a new address in his list.
Is this your case?

Regards,
Dario.

Di Maio, Dario

May 18, 2015, 7:18:53 AM5/18/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Skip them, no problem.

Di Maio, Dario

May 18, 2015, 7:23:23 AM5/18/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Domenico,

is described in https://github.com/souliss/souliss/wiki/Addressing in the paragraph  Dynamic Addressing.

Let me know if you have problem.

Regards,
Dario.

g.bonanno

May 18, 2015, 8:26:17 AM5/18/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Dario
yes, this is my case.

Thanks

Giuseppe

Di Maio, Dario

May 18, 2015, 8:30:43 AM5/18/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Just to be sure, please follow this procedure:
1) Reprogram the two ESP nodes,
2) Start and ensure that you get both nodes in SoulissApp
3) Cycle power the Gateway, delete the SoulissApp DB and rebuild it. Report the number of nodes at this step.
4) Cycle power the Peer, delete the SoulissApp DB and rebuild it. Report the number of nodes at this step.
5) Cycle power both the nodes, delete SoulissApp DB and rebuild it. Report the number of nodes at this step.

If for all three steps you get correctly two nodes, then the node are storing correctly the address.

Let me know, thanks.
Dario.

g.bonanno

May 18, 2015, 9:09:01 AM5/18/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dario
here the results:

1) reprogrammed and reloaded Gateway and Peer
2) Power_On of Gateway and Peer. DB recreated 2 NODE present with 1 SLOT for each NODE ( as configured)
3) 2 NODE present as above
4) 3 NODE present . The third node ( NODE 2 ) is empty
5) 3 NODE present . The third node ( NODE 2 ) is empty

For static address i need to modify only the peer?
I need to add or remove other statements?

Regards
Giuseppe

Di Maio, Dario

May 18, 2015, 9:13:13 AM5/18/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Ok, could you please test also this:
1) Switch off the Peer (keep it off) and power cycle the Gateway, rebuild the DB.

If in the Peer you remove the
SetDynamicAddressing();
GetAddress();

and add
SetAddress(0xAB02, 0xFF00, 0xAB01);

Isn't strictly required, but you should also remove on the Gateway
SetAddressingServer();
and add
SetAddress(0xAB01,0xFF00,0);

Thanks,
Dario.

g.bonanno

May 18, 2015, 9:20:47 AM5/18/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
OK
1) 3 NODE . NODE0 with 1 SLOT, NODE1 and NODE2 empty.

Giuseppe

Di Maio, Dario

May 18, 2015, 9:22:27 AM5/18/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
So, the gateway correctly store the nodes that has joined and the peer doesn't. Thanks for this info, makes easier find the problem.

Dario.

Di Maio, Dario

May 18, 2015, 9:40:45 AM5/18/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
If you have time, please change in Souliss.h line 184 and change
#if (SOULISS_DEBUG)
#define SOULISS_LOG Serial.print
#endif

as
#define SOULISS_LOG Serial.print

This should solve your error compiling, and should print detail while saving the addresses.

Thanks,
Dario.

Saverio Sbrana

May 18, 2015, 9:41:51 AM5/18/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi juan I read the post on the esp8266 forum,
your problem is read the vcc?

can you test this function? getVcc(void);
https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino/blob/405356f4103085a8383c6a800244ae38d9189471/hardware/esp8266com/esp8266/cores/esp8266/Esp.h

g.bonanno

May 18, 2015, 10:04:57 AM5/18/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Error:

Arduino:1.6.1 (Windows 7), Scheda:"Generic ESP8266 Module, 80 MHz, 115200"
Opzioni di compilazione cambiate, ricompilo tutto
In file included from D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello-2\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/Souliss.h:161:0,
                 from ESP8266_Friariello2_Peer_2.ino:24:
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello-2\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/base/Communication.cpp: In function 'U8 Souliss_Subscribe(U8*, U16, U8)':
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello-2\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/base/Communication.cpp:319:26: error: 'SOULISS_LOG' was not declared in this scope
   SOULISS_LOG("(ss)<Sub>");
                          ^
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello-2\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/base/Communication.cpp: In function 'U8 Souliss_SubscribeData(U8*, U16, U8, U8*, U8*)':
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello-2\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/base/Communication.cpp:359:26: error: 'SOULISS_LOG' was not declared in this scope
   SOULISS_LOG("(ss)<Sub>");
                          ^
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello-2\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/base/Communication.cpp: In function 'U8 Souliss_CommunicationData(U8*, U8*)':
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello-2\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/base/Communication.cpp:412:26: error: 'SOULISS_LOG' was not declared in this scope
   SOULISS_LOG("(ss)<MAP>");
                          ^
In file included from D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello-2\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/Souliss.h:163:0,
                 from ESP8266_Friariello2_Peer_2.ino:24:
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello-2\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/base/NetworkSetup.cpp: In function 'void Souliss_SetAddressingServer(U8*)':
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello-2\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/base/NetworkSetup.cpp:179:28: error: 'SOULISS_LOG' was not declared in this scope
   SOULISS_LOG("(ss)<rPddr>");
                            ^
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello-2\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/base/NetworkSetup.cpp: In function 'U8 Souliss_DynamicAddressing_FirstBoot(U8*)':
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello-2\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/base/NetworkSetup.cpp:236:26: error: 'SOULISS_LOG' was not declared in this scope
   SOULISS_LOG("(ss)<sID>");
                          ^
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello-2\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/base/NetworkSetup.cpp: In function 'U8 Souliss_DynamicAddressing(U8*, const char*, U8)':
D:\Programmi\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266-friariello-2\arduino-1.6.1-esp8266\arduino-1.6.1\libraries\souliss/base/NetworkSetup.cpp:318:30: error: 'SOULISS_LOG' was not declared in this scope
       SOULISS_LOG("(ss)<sID>");
                              ^
Errore durante la compilazione
  Questo report potrebbe essere più ricco
di informazioni con
  "Mostra un output dettagliato durante la compilazione"
  abilitato in "File > Impostazioni"

Juan Pinto

May 18, 2015, 10:19:13 AM5/18/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
I'll try this night, Ty so!

I explained and posted the two only functions that need to be modified:

Regards.

Juan Pinto

May 18, 2015, 11:53:05 AM5/18/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Sorry by the double post, here another way to make it working:

Am talking with Miraso to integrate on an ATTINY85 and send pulses to the ESP.

Regards.

Juan Pinto

May 18, 2015, 5:30:44 PM5/18/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
I modified the library to call getVcc(); Thank you, I thing more work is needed, but is the first step.
I think we need to change the voltage divider to work on the range of ADC pin of ESP 0-1V.

Keep You informed

Regards

Di Maio, Dario

May 19, 2015, 3:13:20 AM5/19/15
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

has been released the package for the ESP8266 to be installed directly into the Arduino IDE 1.6.4, someone has time to have a try?

This is the procedure from the Arduino/ESP8266 Github
  • Install Arduino 1.6.4 from the Arduino website.
  • Start Arduino and open Perferences window.
  • Enter http://arduino.esp8266.com/package_esp8266com_index.json into Additional Board Manager URLs field. You can add multiple URLs, separating them with commas.
  • Open Boards Manager from Tools > Board menu and install esp8266 platform (and don't forget to select your ESP8266 board from Tools > Board menu after installation).
Once done, install manually (not from the library manager) souliss friariello-porting

Thanks,
Dario.
It is loading more messages.