Openhab2 Binding issues

Holger Lösken

Feb 19, 2017, 5:30:57 AM2/19/17
to souliss

Hi,

I want to share 2 issue2 with the Souliss binding in openhab2 and ask if there is any update planned for the binding from 1.x to 2.0 ?

I created a complete new installation with the OH2.1 snapshot
There are a few issues I which did not dissapear:

First issue:

Some not to Souliss related functions (Yamaha receiver binding or using a setpoint slider) result in a NullPointer Exception:

2017-02-05 14:59:08.944 [WARN ] [org.apache.karaf.services.eventadmin] - EventAdmin: Exception during event dispatch [org.osgi.service.event.Event [topic=openhab/command/LightDuration] {bridgemarker=true, item=LightDuration, command=2} | {org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler, org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService}={event.topics=openhab/*, service.pid=org.openhab.souliss, component.name=org.openhab.binding.souliss, component.id=160, service.id=294, service.bundleid=185, service.scope=bundle} | Bundle(org.openhab.binding.souliss_1.10.0.201702040211 [185])]

java.lang.NullPointerException

        at org.openhab.binding.souliss.internal.SoulissBinding.receiveCommand(SoulissBinding.java:135)[185:org.openhab.binding.souliss:1.10.0.201702040211]

        at org.openhab.core.events.AbstractEventSubscriber.handleEvent(AbstractEventSubscriber.java:42)[186:org.openhab.core.compat1x:2.1.0.201702051222]

        at org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.handler.EventHandlerProxy.sendEvent(EventHandlerProxy.java:415)[6:org.apache.karaf.services.eventadmin:4.0.8]

        at org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.tasks.HandlerTask.run(HandlerTask.java:90)[6:org.apache.karaf.services.eventadmin:4.0.8]

        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_111]

        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_111]

        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_111]

        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_111]

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_111]

So there seems to be some "crosstalk" to the souliss binding, whatever happens there.

Second issue is, that Typical T51 for the simple analog read seems not to work at all.

So it would be really nice, if there is somebody who could take a look to these issues.

I would be happy to test updated versions of the binding.

Best regards,

Holger