ESP-01 as wifi shield gateway

guyc

Jan 8, 2018, 5:25:09 AM1/8/18
to souliss
Hi,

Actually I'm using e enc28j60 for the connection with ethernet on my gateway.
Is it possible to replace this wired connection by a WIFI connection with a ESP-01 ?
In the wiki the esp8266 is only described to use for a bridge between gateway and peer node.

Dario Cdj

Jan 8, 2018, 11:46:13 AM1/8/18
to souliss
Yes you can use esp in replace of eth

guy caluwaerts

Jan 8, 2018, 2:59:59 PM1/8/18
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Dario,
thanks for the feedback. Is there an example available how to do it ?

Op ma, jan. 8, 2018 om 17:46 schreef Dario Cdj
Yes you can use esp in replace of eth

Dario Cdj

guyc

Feb 26, 2018, 4:35:50 PM2/26/18
to souliss
I don't know how to start.

As far as I can understand the Wiki, the ESP-01 cannot be used as wifi-shield, but has to take the function of gateway.
The original gateway becomes the function of a peer node ?

In my configuration with Arduino mega's, following UART's are already in use :
- UART1 : RS485 communication with the DMX-controllers ( DMX-bus)
- UART2 : RSR85 communication between the Souliss nodes. (Souliss-bus)

For the ESP-01, I had the idea to use UART3.
Is this a correct configuration or do I connect the ESP with a RS485-convertor to the Souliss-bus ( UART2) ?

Di Maio, Dario

Mar 1, 2018, 4:07:28 PM3/1/18
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Hi, yes is fine.