AD auth plugin no longer works with 6.1

Mike Barry

Sep 22, 2016, 8:20:43 AM9/22/16
to SonarQube
Clicking the login button on 6.1 with the current version of the AD plugin results in the following error:

2016.09.22 08:13:44 ERROR web[][o.s.s.p.w.RootFilter] Processing of request /sessions/new?return_to=%2F failed
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Sessions are disabled so that web server is stateless
at org.sonar.server.platform.web.RootFilter$ServletRequestWrapper.notSupported(RootFilter.java:159) ~[sonar-server-6.1-RC1.jar:na]
at org.sonar.server.platform.web.RootFilter$ServletRequestWrapper.getSession(RootFilter.java:155) ~[sonar-server-6.1-RC1.jar:na]
at org.sonar.plugins.activedirectory.windows.WindowsAuthenticationHelper.getWindowsPrincipal(WindowsAuthenticationHelper.java:86) ~[na:na]

On a related note: I can't believe that https://jira.sonarsource.com/browse/SONAR-5430 was pushed to 6.2 and now the AD plugin is totally broken with 6.1-RC1. You've taken a product that was highly accessible to windows users and slowly destroyed the experience. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE implement 5430 so we don't need to rely on a now unmaintained community plugin for a single signon experience. This feature has been scheduled for every version since 5.1!!!!

Thanks for listening,
Mike

Julien Lancelot

Sep 22, 2016, 8:38:57 AM9/22/16
to Mike Barry, SonarQube
Hi Mike,

As you've added a comment on the GitHub issue of active directory that I've created to on the fact that the plugin is not compatible with SonarQube 6.0 (and obviously 6.1), I've replied you there :

Regards

Julien LANCELOT | SonarSource