Sonarqube 500 error

vamsee...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2018, 3:25:38 PM3/5/18
to SonarQube

Analysis report generated in 98937ms, dir size=193 MB

INFO: Analysis reports compressed in 228831ms, zip size=69 MB

INFO: ------------------------------------------------------------------------

INFO: EXECUTION FAILURE

INFO: ------------------------------------------------------------------------

INFO: Total time: 24:49.219s

INFO: Final Memory: 74M/2802M

INFO: ------------------------------------------------------------------------

ERROR: Error during SonarQube Scanner execution

org.sonarqube.ws.client.HttpException: Error 500 on http://devops.movehq.com:9000/api/ce/submit?projectKey=Core&projectName=Core : {"errors":[{"msg":"An error has occurred. Please contact your administrator."}]}

at org.sonarqube.ws.client.BaseResponse.failIfNotSuccessful(BaseResponse.java:36)

at org.sonar.scanner.bootstrap.BatchWsClient.failIfUnauthorized(BatchWsClient.java:102)

at org.sonar.scanner.bootstrap.BatchWsClient.call(BatchWsClient.java:71)

at org.sonar.scanner.report.ReportPublisher.upload(ReportPublisher.java:173)

at org.sonar.scanner.report.ReportPublisher.execute(ReportPublisher.java:128)

at org.sonar.scanner.phases.PublishPhaseExecutor.publishReportJob(PublishPhaseExecutor.java:64)

at org.sonar.scanner.phases.PublishPhaseExecutor.executeOnRoot(PublishPhaseExecutor.java:51)

at org.sonar.scanner.phases.AbstractPhaseExecutor.execute(AbstractPhaseExecutor.java:81)

at org.sonar.scanner.scan.ModuleScanContainer.doAfterStart(ModuleScanContainer.java:182)

at org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer.startComponents(ComponentContainer.java:142)

at org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer.execute(ComponentContainer.java:127)

at org.sonar.scanner.scan.ProjectScanContainer.scan(ProjectScanContainer.java:247)

at org.sonar.scanner.scan.ProjectScanContainer.scanRecursively(ProjectScanContainer.java:242)

at org.sonar.scanner.scan.ProjectScanContainer.doAfterStart(ProjectScanContainer.java:232)

at org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer.startComponents(ComponentContainer.java:142)

at org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer.execute(ComponentContainer.java:127)

at org.sonar.scanner.task.ScanTask.execute(ScanTask.java:47)

at org.sonar.scanner.task.TaskContainer.doAfterStart(TaskContainer.java:86)

at org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer.startComponents(ComponentContainer.java:142)

at org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer.execute(ComponentContainer.java:127)

at org.sonar.scanner.bootstrap.GlobalContainer.executeTask(GlobalContainer.java:115)

at org.sonar.batch.bootstrapper.Batch.executeTask(Batch.java:116)

at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.internal.batch.BatchIsolatedLauncher.execute(BatchIsolatedLauncher.java:63)

at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.internal.IsolatedLauncherProxy.invoke(IsolatedLauncherProxy.java:60)

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy0.execute(Unknown Source)

at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.EmbeddedScanner.doExecute(EmbeddedScanner.java:233)

at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.EmbeddedScanner.runAnalysis(EmbeddedScanner.java:151)

at org.sonarsource.scanner.cli.Main.runAnalysis(Main.java:123)

at org.sonarsource.scanner.cli.Main.execute(Main.java:77)

at org.sonarsource.scanner.cli.Main.main(Main.java:61)

ERROR:

ERROR: Re-run SonarQube Scanner using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

nicolas...@sonarsource.com

Mar 6, 2018, 4:30:19 AM3/6/18
to SonarQube
Hi,

Appreciate if you could also say a few words instead of just dumping a stacktrace. ;) To say hi, to share some context, to explain what you've investigated/searched so far, and what were your findings (which will all contribute in making a nice problem report, which in turn helps in receiving rich feedback from volunteer members of this mailing list).

In any case, the analysis here is failing because it receives a 500 error code from the remote server. HTTP 500 means 'Server Error', which in turn means that your next step is to go see what's happening on the server side. See the SonarQube Troubleshooting documentation first, then reproduce the issue, check the SonarQube server log files, and investigate any error you see there (first looking for known issues and/or existing conversations on the same error, and reaching back in case of updates/follow-up).

Best regards,
Nicolas

Nicolas Bontoux

Mar 7, 2018, 7:47:42 AM3/7/18
to vamsee r, SonarQube
Hi,

This is a community group so please keep on including the group in your responses (I've cc'd it back), that way the overall community benefits from our investigations/findings here.

One thing for sure is that the embedded database is meant for evaluation only, and you should move to a real DB as soon as you adopt/deploy SonarQube.

To the actual error here, once again only the SonarQube server logs will give you more concrete details on what goes wrong. Look at the various log files , and see which error on server side is thrown when the scanner fails.

Best regards,
Nicolas

On Tue, 6 Mar 2018 at 13:48 vamsee r <vamsee...@gmail.com> wrote:
While I was pushing my application small of data I can push but when I was trying to push the entire application, I was getting this error it was showing cpd calculations finished and application made into tar and then shows the error, I have max_allowed as 32 M for MySQL but it was embedded, there will any problem if I use embeded database for large application, or I need to configure external database

Nicolas Bontoux | SonarSource

Support Engineer

http://sonarsource.com