CE fails with NPE at FileMoveDetectionStep.getFile(FileMoveDetectionStep.java:239)

Bernd G.

Feb 4, 2017, 5:04:16 AM2/4/17
to SonarQube
2 out of 90 projects fail to be loaded into SonarQube 6.2 with:

2017.02.04 02:01:32 INFO
ce
[AVoGXskLyTAdHKL9mQ2G][o.s.s.c.t.CeWorkerCallableImpl] Execute task |
project
=SDC | type=REPORT | id=AVoGXskLyTAdHKL9mQ2G
2017.02.04 02:03:07 ERROR ce[AVoGXskLyTAdHKL9mQ2G][o.s.s.c.t.CeWorkerCallableImpl] Failed to execute task AVoGXskLyTAdHKL9mQ2G
java
.lang.NullPointerException: null
        at com
.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkNotNull(Preconditions.java:210)
        at com
.google.common.base.Splitter.splitToList(Splitter.java:416)

 at
org
.sonar.server.computation.task.projectanalysis.filemove.FileMoveDetectionStep.getFile(FileMoveDetectionStep.java:239)

 at
org
.sonar.server.computation.task.projectanalysis.filemove.FileMoveDetectionStep.computeScoreMatrix(FileMoveDetectionStep.java:208)

 at
org
.sonar.server.computation.task.projectanalysis.filemove.FileMoveDetectionStep.execute(FileMoveDetectionStep.java:127)
        at org
.sonar.server.computation.task.step.ComputationStepExecutor.executeSteps(ComputationStepExecutor.java:64)
        at org
.sonar.server.computation.task.step.ComputationStepExecutor.execute(ComputationStepExecutor.java:52)

 at
org
.sonar.server.computation.task.projectanalysis.taskprocessor.ReportTaskProcessor.process(ReportTaskProcessor.java:75)
        at org
.sonar.server.computation.taskprocessor.CeWorkerCallableImpl.executeTask(CeWorkerCallableImpl.java:84)
        at org
.sonar.server.computation.taskprocessor.CeWorkerCallableImpl.call(CeWorkerCallableImpl.java:57)
        at org
.sonar.server.computation.taskprocessor.CeWorkerCallableImpl.call(CeWorkerCallableImpl.java:35)
        at java
.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:277)
        at java
.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:522)
        at java
.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:277)
        at java
.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:191)
        at java
.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304)
        at java
.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1153)
        at java
.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
        at java
.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:785)
2017.02.04

02:03:07 ERROR ce[AVoGXskLyTAdHKL9mQ2G][o.s.s.c.t.CeWorkerCallableImpl]

Executed task | project=SDC | type=REPORT | id=AVoGXskLyTAdHKL9mQ2G |
time
=95014ms

Is this a known issue? I could not find anything. I will remote debug and provide more details if you want, but for that I also need to know the revision id for release 6.2 in order to be in sync with the source code in my debugger.

Simon Brandhof

Feb 22, 2017, 9:32:01 AM2/22/17
to Bernd G., SonarQube
Hi,

We don't understand in which context this bug can be raised. Debugging to get more details on the related file would be much appreciated so that we can reproduce the bug.

Thanks

Simon BRANDHOF | SonarSource
Tech Lead & Co-Founder
http://twitter.com/SimonBrandhof

Simon Brandhof

Feb 27, 2017, 1:49:10 PM2/27/17
to Bernd G., SonarQube
Bernd, I may have found the issue. Do you confirm that you use Oracle ? If yes then it comes from the fact that empty strings are considered as null on Oracle.
The bug is still planned to be fixed in 6.4.

Thanks

Bernd Götz

Feb 27, 2017, 2:56:31 PM2/27/17
to Simon Brandhof, SonarQube
Hi Simon, yes, I am using Oracle. Great to hear you could identify the issue. By when can we expect to have 6.4 available?

Simon Brandhof

Mar 3, 2017, 5:50:37 AM3/3/17
to Bernd Götz, SonarQube
Finally this issue is fixed in 6.3 and will be available in next RC4. GA release is planned for next week.
Thanks.

Bernd Götz

Mar 11, 2017, 6:24:54 AM3/11/17
to Simon Brandhof, SonarQube
Hello Simon, GA wasn't released this week, I guess. I could not find any 6.3 RCx versions for download, are they publicly available? Thanks.
Best regards,
Bernd

Simon Brandhof

Mar 11, 2017, 8:35:40 AM3/11/17
to Bernd Götz, SonarQube
Hi,
6.4 GA will be released on Tuesday. Meanwhile you can find the latest RC here: https://bintray.com/sonarsource/Distribution/SonarQube/6.3-RC4#files/sonarqube

Regards

Simon Brandhof

Mar 13, 2017, 5:20:37 AM3/13/17
to Bernd Götz, SonarQube
Typo: next release is 6.3 GA.

Bernd Götz

Mar 13, 2017, 6:31:32 AM3/13/17
to Simon Brandhof, SonarQube
Thanks! I can confirm that the issue is gone in 6.3 RC4.

Simon Brandhof

Mar 13, 2017, 6:47:55 AM3/13/17
to Bernd Götz, SonarQube
Good news. Thanks for the follow up.