[ANN] SonarQube Checkstyle Plugin

Michael Gumowski

Apr 27, 2016, 4:31:16 AM4/27/16
to SonarQube
Hi SonarQube Community,

I'm pleased to announce that the Checkstyle team is taking the lead regarding development and maintenance of the SonarQube Checkstyle plugin.

Consequently, the Github repository from the SonarQube organization has been officially closed and and the development of the plugin will continue at the following location: https://github.com/checkstyle/sonar-checkstyle

Having the official Checkstyle team directly involved in the development of the SonarQube Checkstyle plugin will be a major advantage for the plugin. By benefiting of the work and experience of the Checkstyle developers, the plugin will necessarily offer an improved quality and accuracy to its users.

While SonarSource developers will always be available to offer help and support to Checkstyle developers, releases of this plugin are now their responsibility.

Congratulations, thank you and good luck to the Checkstyle team! :)

Cheers,

Michael GUMOWSKI | SonarSource
Software Developer @ Language Team
http://sonarsource.com

gerd.as...@googlemail.com

Jul 26, 2016, 12:51:37 AM7/26/16
to SonarQube
May I ask, where we can download binary Versions in the future? Other transitioned Plugins already have their releases with JARs on Github, e.g., Findbugs: https://github.com/SonarQubeCommunity/sonar-findbugs/releases/download/3.4.2/sonar-findbugs-plugin-3.4.2.jar. When or where will we find similar JARs for Checkstyle? What about older releases? I see installations at customer sites with, e.g., the old LTS release of SonarQube (4.5.7) which still might need older releases. Or will the latest Plugin release/s be/remain compatible with SonarQube 4 and 5 at the same time?

Thanks,
  Gerd

G. Ann Campbell

Jul 26, 2016, 7:57:55 AM7/26/16
to SonarQube, gerd.as...@googlemail.com
Hi Gerd,

That's a question for the CheckStyle folks.

Ann

Gerd Aschemann

Jul 26, 2016, 8:38:50 AM7/26/16
to G. Ann Campbell, SonarQube, gerd.as...@googlemail.com
Hi Ann,

thanks for the Feedback. Should I raise an issue in Github?

However, my concern is that the Download section has silently vanished from the Sonar Source site. Some time ago I could find pre-compiled artifacts there, at least for old versions. For a prematurely Long Term Supported software (4.5.6 of SonarQube) I would expect even the latest community plugins to be still online? Maybe it is a good decision to go another way for new releases, but you should still keep the old ones.

Regards,
  Gerd
--
Gerd Aschemann --- Veröffentlichen heißt Verändern (Carmen Thomas)
+49/173/3264070 -- ge...@aschemann.net -- http://www.aschemann.net

signature.asc

G. Ann Campbell

Jul 26, 2016, 8:43:51 AM7/26/16
to Gerd Aschemann, SonarQube, gerd.as...@googlemail.com
Hi Gerd,

4.5.6 is no longer the LTS. 5.6, released at the beginning of June, is.

Removing the availability of plugin versions not compatible with the current LTS was a deliberate step in our shift of support from the old LTS to the new.

Ann

---
G. Ann CAMPBELL | SonarSource
Product Owner