Sonar Lint Installation Issue and Doubts

kundansa...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2016, 2:12:37 AM6/3/16
to SonarLint
Hi Henry

I am exploring sonar lint and try to plugged in my eclipse mars

below are steps which I followed.
  1. open eclipse mars
  2. install plugin for sonar lint (installed successfully)
  3. when i tried to connect it from sonar server with the below information filled.
Server Label :: Don't know so not given
Username/Token :: Don't know so not given
Password :: Don't know so not given

When I do test connection
I got below

No storage for server 'nemo'. Please update.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Fail to request https://nemo.sonarqube.org/api/system/status
at org.sonarqube.ws.client.HttpConnector.doCall(HttpConnector.java:202)
at org.sonarqube.ws.client.HttpConnector.get(HttpConnector.java:144)
at org.sonarqube.ws.client.HttpConnector.call(HttpConnector.java:133)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.connected.SonarLintWsClient.rawGet(SonarLintWsClient.java:98)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.connected.validate.ServerVersionAndStatusChecker.fetchServerInfos(ServerVersionAndStatusChecker.java:97)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.connected.validate.ServerVersionAndStatusChecker.checkVersionAndStatus(ServerVersionAndStatusChecker.java:61)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.connected.validate.ServerVersionAndStatusChecker.checkVersionAndStatus(ServerVersionAndStatusChecker.java:51)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.WsHelperImpl.validateConnection(WsHelperImpl.java:50)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.WsHelperImpl.validateConnection(WsHelperImpl.java:45)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.server.Server.testConnection(Server.java:244)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.ui.internal.server.wizard.ServerConnectionTestJob.run(ServerConnectionTestJob.java:44)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure
at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.recvAlert(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source)
at com.squareup.okhttp.internal.io.RealConnection.connectTls(RealConnection.java:192)
at com.squareup.okhttp.internal.io.RealConnection.connectSocket(RealConnection.java:149)
at com.squareup.okhttp.internal.io.RealConnection.connect(RealConnection.java:112)
at com.squareup.okhttp.internal.http.StreamAllocation.findConnection(StreamAllocation.java:184)
at com.squareup.okhttp.internal.http.StreamAllocation.findHealthyConnection(StreamAllocation.java:126)
at com.squareup.okhttp.internal.http.StreamAllocation.newStream(StreamAllocation.java:95)
at com.squareup.okhttp.internal.http.HttpEngine.connect(HttpEngine.java:281)
at com.squareup.okhttp.internal.http.HttpEngine.sendRequest(HttpEngine.java:224)
at com.squareup.okhttp.Call.getResponse(Call.java:286)
at com.squareup.okhttp.Call$ApplicationInterceptorChain.proceed(Call.java:243)
at com.squareup.okhttp.Call.getResponseWithInterceptorChain(Call.java:205)
at com.squareup.okhttp.Call.execute(Call.java:80)
at org.sonarqube.ws.client.HttpConnector.doCall(HttpConnector.java:199)
... 11 more

No storage for server 'nemo'. Please update.
No storage for server 'nemo'. Please update.

can you please help me on this ?

Also few queries on Sonal Lint

Q1 :: Sonal lint support which java version ??

Julien HENRY

Jun 3, 2016, 2:41:01 AM6/3/16
to kundansa...@gmail.com, SonarLint
Hi,

If you don't have an existing SonarQube instance in your organisation I suggest you don't use the "connect" feature. In my announcement message nemo.sonarqube.org was only an example.

Just start coding and you should see SonarLint report coding issues.

SonarLint Java analyzer supports all Java versions.

++

Julien

Kundan Saini

Jun 3, 2016, 4:20:33 AM6/3/16
to Julien HENRY, SonarLint
Hi HENRY,

Thanks for the prompt reply :)
Do you mean I don't need to bind my project to SonarQube project (Right click on the project ----> SonarLint -----> Bind to a SonarQube project) ?

As I have created a class inside a test project in which I just do system.out.println a string inside main method but it did not prompt me for an error or warning or info that system.out.println should not be inside the class

Best Regards,

Kundan Saini

ATCS

Advanced Technology Consulting Service

www.atcs.com

Mobile # 91-9549966123

Email : kundan...@atcs.com

Julien HENRY

Jun 3, 2016, 4:34:56 AM6/3/16
to Kundan Saini, SonarLint

As I have created a class inside a test project in which I just do system.out.println a string inside main method but it did not prompt me for an error or warning or info that system.out.println should not be inside the class

What is the name of your test project? A common mistake is that if the absolute path of your file matches the regexp **/*Test.* or **/test/**/* then the file is considered as a test file (e.g. JUnit). On test files we apply very few rules. To check that simply:
  - close and reopen your file in Eclipse to trigger analysis
  - check log that should contain something similar to:

Start analysis with configuration:
[
  moduleKey: xxxxx
  baseDir: xxxx
  workDir: xxxxx
  extraProperties: {xxxxx}
  inputFiles: [
    /home/julien/Prog/Projects/sonar/sonar-plugin-api/src/test/java/org/sonar/api/checks/AbstractCheck.java [test]
  ]
]

Here it shows that the file will be analyzed as a test file.

++

Julien

Kundan Saini

Jun 3, 2016, 5:00:06 AM6/3/16
to Julien HENRY, SonarLint
Amazing Sir :)
Yes the project name was TEST.

I created another one without test and it start working for me. :)

You are brilliant, It was nice to have a conversation with you.

Thanks for your kind support and help.

My last question about code confidentiality, I mean to check the rules on the written code I hope the code will not travel on internet and then checked on some server and show us the result on local eclipse.

Best Regards
Kundan Saini

Best Regards,

Kundan Saini

ATCS

Advanced Technology Consulting Service

www.atcs.com

Mobile # 91-9549966123

Email : kundan...@atcs.com

Julien HENRY

Jun 3, 2016, 5:20:23 AM6/3/16
to Kundan Saini, SonarLint

My last question about code confidentiality, I mean to check the rules on the written code I hope the code will not travel on internet and then checked on some server and show us the result on local eclipse.

Sure, even in connected mode SonarLint fetch only configuration from the server (analyzers, rules, settings, ...). Analysis is executed locally in your IDE. When not using connected mode well there is zero network access.

++

Julien

Kundan Saini

Jun 3, 2016, 5:23:33 AM6/3/16
to Julien HENRY, SonarLint
Thank You Henry :)

Best Regards,

Kundan Saini

ATCS

Advanced Technology Consulting Service

www.atcs.com

Mobile # 91-9549966123

Email : kundan...@atcs.com

richar...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2016, 1:46:52 PM11/23/16
to SonarLint, kundansa...@gmail.com
Hi Julien,

I have been using sonar lint on eclipse mars, nice plugin!  I need to link up to our company server to sync the rule base but having some issues. The base URL looks like this:

When I plug that into the SonarQube Server window it tries to connect to this:

I checked out the  settings in .metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.settings\org.sonarlinkt.eclipse.ui.prefs but didnt see anything relating to this.

Can you help me understand what URL I need to use?

Thanks in advance!
Rich

richar...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2016, 2:49:27 PM11/23/16
to SonarLint, kundansa...@gmail.com, richar...@gmail.com
I figured this out.  We are using on older version than 5.6 for sonar cube.  I'll work to upgrade that version.

Thanks anyway!

Julien HENRY

Nov 24, 2016, 2:25:58 AM11/24/16
to richar...@gmail.com, SonarLint
Hi Richard,

Please open a new thread for a new question instead of replying to an existing one.

The URL you configure in connected mode is a base URL, then SonarLint will call various Web Services. And indeed the problem you face is that you SonarQube server version is too old. Note that we'll work on making it more clear (current error message is a bit cryptic).

++

Julien

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sonarlint/02e35b8d-ff73-42e8-9d55-bf746b0ccd49%40googlegroups.com.