Unable to save server configuration using tokens

mlgi...@gmail.com

May 17, 2016, 11:19:54 AM5/17/16
to SonarLint
Using sonarlint version 2.0.2, I created a server connection on the sonar Server view.  I used a SonarQube token, and tested the connection.  The test was successful.  When I clicked Finish to save the server configuration, I got the error shown below.

If you provide password so the credentials will save, then the test fails because SonarQube does not want a password when using tokens.

Unable to save secure credentials
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to save secure credentials
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.server.ServersManager.storeCredentials(ServersManager.java:209)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.server.ServersManager.updateServer(ServersManager.java:279)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.server.Server.updateConfig(Server.java:181)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.ui.internal.server.wizard.EditServerLocationWizard.doFinish(EditServerLocationWizard.java:35)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.ui.internal.server.wizard.AbstractServerLocationWizard$1.run(AbstractServerLocationWizard.java:65)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)
Caused by: org.eclipse.equinox.security.storage.StorageException: No password provided.
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.security.storage.SecurePreferences.put(SecurePreferences.java:237)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.security.storage.SecurePreferencesWrapper.put(SecurePreferencesWrapper.java:110)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.server.ServersManager.storeCredentials(ServersManager.java:205)
... 5 more

mlgi...@gmail.com

May 17, 2016, 11:24:09 AM5/17/16
to SonarLint, mlgi...@gmail.com
I just changed the server connection to provide my real user name and password, Once again, the test connection was successful, but clicking Finish generated the same error message.

What password is Eclipse looking for?

Julien HENRY

May 17, 2016, 11:26:26 AM5/17/16
to Michael Giroux, SonarLint
Hi Michael,

What password is Eclipse looking for?

We are storing credentials in Eclipse secure storage that itself is protected by a master password.

++

Julien

Message has been deleted

Julien HENRY

Jun 15, 2017, 2:55:54 AM6/15/17
to jus...@gmail.com, SonarLint
Hi guys,

This is not specific to SonarLint, but if you forgot you master password, just go to Eclipse preferences to reset it:
Images intégrées 1

Then you'll have to reset you SonarQube server credentials, because changing the master password will invalidate all stored passwords.

++

Julien

Julien Henry | SonarSource

Developer

http://sonarsource.com

plz how to fix it? I have the same problem.  SonarLint version is 3.1.0

在 2016年5月17日星期二 UTC+8下午11:19:54,Michael Giroux写道: