Eclipse Mars 2 Sonarlint 2.5 Sonarqube 5.6 - no storage for server

terras...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2017, 9:12:54 AM2/8/17
to SonarLint
Hi guys,

I am trying to bind sonarlint to sonarqube and get this stack when testing connection:

Create : C:\Users\P997554\.sonarlint\plugins
Plugin cache: C:\Users\P997554\.sonarlint\plugins
Create : C:\Users\P997554\.sonarlint\plugins\_tmp
Load plugins
Load plugins (done) | time=0ms
No plugins loaded
No storage for server 'java-usn-digital'. Please update.
GET 200 http://<my-ip>/sonar/api/system/status | time=38ms
closed
java.lang.IllegalStateException: closed
    at okhttp3.internal.http.Http1xStream$FixedLengthSource.read(Http1xStream.java:378)
    at okio.Buffer.writeAll(Buffer.java:993)
    at okio.RealBufferedSource.readByteArray(RealBufferedSource.java:106)
    at okhttp3.ResponseBody.bytes(ResponseBody.java:128)
    at okhttp3.ResponseBody.string(ResponseBody.java:154)
    at org.sonarqube.ws.client.OkHttpResponse.content(OkHttpResponse.java:77)
    at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.connected.CloseableWsResponse.content(CloseableWsResponse.java:86)
    at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.connected.validate.ServerVersionAndStatusChecker.fetchServerInfos(ServerVersionAndStatusChecker.java:110)
    at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.connected.validate.ServerVersionAndStatusChecker.checkVersionAndStatus(ServerVersionAndStatusChecker.java:60)
    at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.connected.validate.ServerVersionAndStatusChecker.checkVersionAndStatus(ServerVersionAndStatusChecker.java:50)
    at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.WsHelperImpl.validateConnection(WsHelperImpl.java:48)
    at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.WsHelperImpl.validateConnection(WsHelperImpl.java:43)
    at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.server.Server.testConnection(Server.java:318)
    at org.sonarlint.eclipse.ui.internal.server.wizard.ServerConnectionTestJob.run(ServerConnectionTestJob.java:44)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)

The page http://<my-ip>/sonar/api/system/status is accessible by browser and is
{"id":"20170207110659","version":"5.3","status":"UP"}

Please advise.

Kindly,
Marc

Julien HENRY

Feb 9, 2017, 11:46:35 AM2/9/17
to SonarLint, terras...@gmail.com
Hi,

Looks like a network issue. Do you have a proxy that would close the connection? Could you try to spy network activity (using wireshark for example)?

++

Julien

terras...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2017, 4:49:12 AM2/10/17
to SonarLint, terras...@gmail.com
We do have a proxy but I can't spy it (can't install anything on my computer.. Yep, that kind of company).
The proxy do not bother other plugins nor eclipse updates.
Is there a way to get more traces ?

Julien HENRY

Feb 10, 2017, 5:34:09 AM2/10/17
to terras...@gmail.com, SonarLint
Hi Marc,

After investigation, there is a problem on our side that make the original exception being lost:

With this fix the exception will dump the content received by SonarLint when calling api/system/status.

In the meantime, you can try opening the URL using Eclipse internal web browser, but I'm not even sure it will help.

I just noticed you said you are trying to connect to SQ 5.6, but in the response of the WS it is written 5.3. Please clarify.

Julien

terras...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2017, 7:26:08 AM2/10/17
to SonarLint, terras...@gmail.com
Yep I did see it and it bothered me but I have no explaination.
I have installed SQ 5.6.

The eclipse browser get the same response that other browsers:

{"id":"20170207110659","version":"5.3","status":"UP"}

Marc
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to sonarlint+...@googlegroups.com.
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

terras...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2017, 4:28:56 AM2/22/17
to SonarLint, terras...@gmail.com
I really can't make it works.
Any clue on your part ?

janos....@sonarsource.com

Feb 23, 2017, 6:26:29 AM2/23/17
to SonarLint, terras...@gmail.com
Hi,

It seems that you are using the wrong URL in Eclipse. In your log I see http://yourserver/sonar/api/system/status. Based on that, the URL of the SonarQube you are connecting to is at http://yourserver/sonar/. Note that this is different from http://yourserver/ without /sonar/ at the end.

You should get consistent results in Eclipse and your browser.

Janos

terras...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2017, 4:55:32 AM2/27/17
to SonarLint, terras...@gmail.com
Hi,

The URL was the right one.
I had proxy issues but couldn't see it because of the lost stack trace.
I had to make an exception for the host java-usn-digital.dev.fdj.fr in Eclipse "Network Connections" preferences.

This case is solved.

Thanks,
Marc