[Request for feedback] SonarLint for Eclipse 2.2.0

Julien HENRY

Jul 21, 2016, 12:11:38 PM7/21/16
to SonarLint
Hi guys,

Here come a release candidate of SonarLint for Eclipse 2.2.0. Please help by testing it and providing feedback.

Update site:
Or Zip:

Major changes:

"Standalone" experience:
  • Python analyzer added
  • updated Java and JavaScript analyzers
"Connected" experience:
  • File exclusions declared in server settings are now taken into account (sonar.exclusions / sonar.inclusions)
  • Some issue exclusions declared in server settings are now taken into account (sonar.issue.ignore.multicriteria and sonar.issue.enforce.multicriteria)
  • SonarQube Server view was improved
  • Support of custom rules plugins (documentation on how to make your custom rule plugin compatible will be released soon)

Common changes:
  • the way to trigger analysis on save was changed. As a result we no more add any entry in the .project file
  • Improved water leak: first analysis of a file will no more set issue date to be "few seconds ago"

Full changelog:

Feedback is open until next Tuesday.

++

Julien

Matthias Kolley

Jul 22, 2016, 5:07:48 AM7/22/16
to SonarLint
The common problem with the .project files looks good.
After updating SonarLint i reverted/reset all those changes to my .project files and restarted eclipse.
Analysing works silently and is not adding an entry to the .project file.

Thank you very much!

victo...@gmail.com

Jul 27, 2016, 11:24:55 AM7/27/16
to SonarLint
Hi,

I just tried it, everything seems to be fine except when I save an xml file (for example a pom.xml), the console tells me the following. I'm using Eclipse Neon.

Error during analysis
javax.xml.stream.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider for class javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory cannot be created
    at javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.findServiceProvider(FactoryFinder.java:370)
    at javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.find(FactoryFinder.java:313)
    at javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.find(FactoryFinder.java:227)
    at javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory.newInstance(XMLInputFactory.java:154)
    at org.sonar.java.xml.maven.PomParser.parseXML(PomParser.java:54)
    at org.sonar.java.xml.XmlAnalyzer.simpleScanAsPomFile(XmlAnalyzer.java:112)
    at org.sonar.java.xml.XmlAnalyzer.simpleScan(XmlAnalyzer.java:99)
    at org.sonar.java.xml.XmlAnalyzer.scan(XmlAnalyzer.java:81)
    at org.sonar.plugins.java.XmlFileSensor.execute(XmlFileSensor.java:55)
    at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.analyzer.sensor.SensorWrapper.analyse(SensorWrapper.java:52)
    at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.analyzer.sensor.SensorsExecutor.executeSensor(SensorsExecutor.java:73)
    at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.analyzer.sensor.SensorsExecutor.execute(SensorsExecutor.java:63)
    at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.analyzer.sensor.PhaseExecutor.execute(PhaseExecutor.java:44)
    at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.analysis.AnalysisContainer.doAfterStart(AnalysisContainer.java:143)
    at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.ComponentContainer.startComponents(ComponentContainer.java:125)
    at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.ComponentContainer.execute(ComponentContainer.java:110)
    at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.standalone.StandaloneGlobalContainer.analyze(StandaloneGlobalContainer.java:118)
    at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.StandaloneSonarLintEngineImpl.analyze(StandaloneSonarLintEngineImpl.java:93)
    at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.StandaloneSonarLintEngineImpl.analyze(StandaloneSonarLintEngineImpl.java:83)
    at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.StandaloneSonarLintClientFacade.runAnalysis(StandaloneSonarLintClientFacade.java:60)
    at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.AnalyzeProjectJob.run(AnalyzeProjectJob.java:455)
    at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.AnalyzeProjectJob$AnalysisThread.run(AnalyzeProjectJob.java:127)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Provider for class javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory cannot be created
    at javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.findServiceProvider(FactoryFinder.java:367)
    ... 21 more
Caused by: java.util.ServiceConfigurationError: javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory: Provider com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory not a subtype
    at java.util.ServiceLoader.fail(ServiceLoader.java:239)
    at java.util.ServiceLoader.access$300(ServiceLoader.java:185)
    at java.util.ServiceLoader$LazyIterator.nextService(ServiceLoader.java:376)
    at java.util.ServiceLoader$LazyIterator.next(ServiceLoader.java:404)
    at java.util.ServiceLoader$1.next(ServiceLoader.java:480)
    at javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder$1.run(FactoryFinder.java:353)
    at javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.findServiceProvider(FactoryFinder.java:341)
    ... 21 more

Julien HENRY

Jul 27, 2016, 11:35:17 AM7/27/16
to victo...@gmail.com, SonarLint
Hi Victor,

Good catch, I'll take care of fixing that before the release.

Thanks for testing,

Julien

Julien HENRY

Jul 29, 2016, 1:06:39 PM7/29/16
to SonarLint, victo...@gmail.com
Hi guys,

I'm closing the feedback period and I'll continue with the release.

++

Julien
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to sonarlint+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

moustapha...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2016, 10:12:04 AM8/16/16
to SonarLint
Hi,
I have installed sonarlint 2.2.0 successfully on Eclipse Mars but it cannot be enabled anywhere.
Mouss

mik...@centurytel.net

Aug 17, 2016, 3:56:50 PM8/17/16
to SonarLint, moustapha...@gmail.com
SonarLint 2.2 isn't packaged correctly so it can't initialize itself in Eclipse.

duarte.meneses

Aug 18, 2016, 4:59:29 AM8/18/16
to SonarLint, moustapha...@gmail.com, mik...@centurytel.net
As posted here, could you please try this RC for 2.2.1, with the following update site?
https://dl.bintray.com/sonarsource/SonarLint-for-Eclipse/snapshots/2.2.1

Duarte Meneses

Aug 18, 2016, 8:34:43 AM8/18/16
to SonarLint, moustapha...@gmail.com, mik...@centurytel.net
Also, please make sure you run Eclipse with Java 8.

Duarte MENESES | SonarSource

Moustapha Bengherbi

Aug 18, 2016, 9:21:32 AM8/18/16
to duarte.meneses, SonarLint, mik...@centurytel.net
Hi,

I am very sorry. I didn't know 2.2.0 requires java 8 whereas our Eclipse Mars still uses java 7.
So we used the update site to install 2.1.0

PS : is it normal that Eclipse Mars invites me to update to 2.2.x without warning me it requires java 8 ?

Duarte Meneses

Aug 18, 2016, 9:53:26 AM8/18/16
to Moustapha Bengherbi, SonarLint, mik...@centurytel.net
If you check the Error Log, you should have an Error on the plugin, and in the details you'll find:
"Unresolved requirement: Require-Capability: osgi.ee; filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=1.8))"

Unfortunately I don't see a way to have a more explicit warning when the requirement of Java 8 is not met.