SonarLint for IntelliJ on windows

John Geiglein

Jun 21, 2017, 9:21:36 PM6/21/17
to SonarLint
I just install the plugin for intelliJ  version 2.10.0.1922

Configured to bind to our sonar server (not localhost)
Updated the project list and selected the current project

when I try to analize anything I get:

Using configuration of 'ncidea-cmo-logistics:trunk' in server 'NCI DEA CM1'
Analysing 'AdminBaseAction.java'...
Error running SonarLint analysis
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: 'other' has different root
    at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPath.relativize(WindowsPath.java:392)
    at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPath.relativize(WindowsPath.java:44)
    at org.sonarlint.intellij.util.SonarLintUtils.getRelativePath(SonarLintUtils.java:401)
    at org.sonarlint.intellij.issue.IssueManager.wasAnalyzed(IssueManager.java:108)

I assume I don't have something configured correctly. But I can't tell what it is based on the documentation (which doesn't match the actual UI)

Duarte Meneses

Jun 22, 2017, 2:57:57 AM6/22/17
to John Geiglein, SonarLint
Hi,

It looks like you are facing this bug: https://jira.sonarsource.com/browse/SLI-204
I guess that you have a project with sources in a different drive other than where its .idea folder is located?
If that's the case, a workaround is to make sure they are in the same drive.

Duarte Meneses | SonarSource
Software Engineer

Are you using SonarLint in your IDE?

John Geiglein

Jun 22, 2017, 11:24:04 AM6/22/17
to SonarLint, jgei...@gmail.com
Thanks, I guess that helps, at least in telling me what is going on. Having the files on the same drive is a non-starter.

Thanks for the answer.