Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Dave Rowntree

no leída,
28 jul 2014, 4:39:0028/7/14
a soma...@googlegroups.com
Chaps and Chapesses,

The TAZ is out of action for the immediate future; The PSU was getting very hot and stinky last week when being run, and on friday night it finally gave up and let out all the magic smoke.
We will arrange for a replacement unit to be shipped, but as they come from the USA it may be a little while.

At least we still have the cerberus working, so we can at least print stuff in PLA for now.

Dave.

Anton Piatek

no leída,
28 jul 2014, 6:14:1328/7/14
a soma...@googlegroups.com
It did seem very warm at one point when I was demoing it at work last
month. I turned it off for a while and it seemed ok, but I did wonder
if the fan was kicking in a bit late.

Worth checking ebay too, as ive seen these PSUs available online quite
cheaply and probably faster postage (though I may have been looking at
12v versions)

On 28 July 2014 09:39, Dave Rowntree
> --

Anton Piatek
email: an...@piatek.co.uk
blog/photos: http://www.strangeparty.com
pgp: [74B1FA37] (http://www.strangeparty.com/anton.asc)

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a
significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

James Bruton | XRobots.co.uk

no leída,
28 jul 2014, 6:47:5728/7/14
a soma...@googlegroups.com,an...@piatek.co.uk
Lulzbot have a UK/London distribution depot, so if they have the space PSUs there then it may arrive in a couple of days.

Has anyone contacted them yet?

<theoriginaldavidrowntree@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Chaps and Chapesses,
>
> The TAZ is out of action for the immediate future; The PSU was getting very
> hot and stinky last week when being run, and on friday night it finally gave
> up and let out all the magic smoke.
> We will arrange for a replacement unit to be shipped, but as they come from
> the USA it may be a little while.
>
> At least we still have the cerberus working, so we can at least print stuff
> in PLA for now.
>
> Dave.
>
> --

Dave Rowntree

no leída,
28 jul 2014, 7:14:1628/7/14
On Monday, 28 July 2014 11:47:57 UTC+1, James Bruton | XRobots.co.uk wrote:
Lulzbot have a UK/London distribution depot, so if they have the space PSUs there then it may arrive in a couple of days.

Has anyone contacted them yet?

Not as far as I know - we had a busy weekend :)

Dave.

James Bruton | XRobots.co.uk

no leída,
28 jul 2014, 7:21:4428/7/14
a soma...@googlegroups.com,an...@piatek.co.uk
Ok, let me drop them a line and I'll see what we can do.

James Bruton | XRobots.co.uk

no leída,
28 jul 2014, 10:53:0528/7/14
a soma...@googlegroups.com,an...@piatek.co.uk
New PSU module is on it's way to me, from the UK - should dispatch today and arrive in ~2 days.

It's the metal part of the PSU only, so we need to retain the plastic part with the connectors on to swap over.

James Bruton | XRobots.co.uk

no leída,
2 ago 2014, 5:49:442/8/14
a soma...@googlegroups.com,an...@piatek.co.uk
The replacement PSU arrived yesterday, I'll drop it in as soon as I can but it might not be today.

James Bruton | XRobots.co.uk

no leída,
3 ago 2014, 14:17:133/8/14
a soma...@googlegroups.com,an...@piatek.co.uk
I dropped in the replacement PSU earlier today, but I didn't have time to fit it to the existing connectors because we had to shoot off before lunch, if anyone fancies a go before Tuesday feel free. It's in a Lulzbot branded box with 'new TAZ PSU' written on it.

James Bruton | XRobots.co.uk

no leída,
7 ago 2014, 16:36:307/8/14
a soma...@googlegroups.com,an...@piatek.co.uk
The update on this, for those that weren't in on Tuesday, is that the replacement PSU was faulty (arcing inside with only the mains connected, and some apparently bent over components we could see through the air vents).

Lulzbot are dispatching us another replacement which I'm hoping to have by next Tuesday, but if anyone has a 24V DC 306W+ PSU hanging around...

James Bruton | XRobots.co.uk

no leída,
11 ago 2014, 17:29:4211/8/14
a soma...@googlegroups.com,an...@piatek.co.uk
Doesn't look like this will be here for tomorrow unfortunately - they shipped the replacement to my old address in Southampton which they then had to recall, so the actual replacement has only just shipped...

James Bruton | XRobots.co.uk

no leída,
15 ago 2014, 6:38:5415/8/14
a soma...@googlegroups.com,an...@piatek.co.uk
I have the new-new PSU, I've powered it up and 24v comes out, no sparks!

James Bruton | XRobots.co.uk

no leída,
19 ago 2014, 14:18:5019/8/14
a soma...@googlegroups.com